“Perfect first stay in Vietnam!”

Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA
Ranked #27 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was very pretty. I loved swimming in the small roof top pool which had amazing city views. The room was very nice, although it was loud near the front of the building. The next night we moved to an interior room which was smaller but very quiet. Breakfast was good with eggs and omelets made to order. I visited the spa twice and loved it there. Very peaceful and very cheap compared to the prices in the states! The best part of this hotel was the staff. So friendly and helpful. I was pregnant while staying there and the lovely hotel worker took my arm and walked me across the street, waited for me to make purchases at the convenience store, walked me back, and then refused a tip. He said "Merry Christmas, keep the money." It is a very busy street outside the hotel with many motorbikes, and I was scared to cross by myself. When we returned from being out for the evening, the staff seemed genuinely thrilled to see us, and one of our favorite staff members even clapped with a huge smile on his face! That made this hotel memorable! We had the Christmas dinner on the roof which was beautiful and reasonably priced. They had a raffle and everyone won a prize. They had great food on Christmas Eve with made to order stirfrys, a carving station and hot pots.

1  Thank Amanda D
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Amanda H,

I am so proud to read your comments. We believe that only staff who is able to makes a different experience. And I am pleased to know that they have put their effort to comfort the guest in a professional manner.

I very much appreciate your feedback on the the Xmas Eve on the rooftop. I hope this is also another positive experience too.

Again, thanks for an excellent review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Silverland Hotel and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent a couple of nights here at the end of my travels in Vietnam. Good location, good service. Good size room but being at the front of the property you get a lot of traffic noise. Small basic pool area on the roof but good views.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Higham2
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed two nights at the hotel in a premier deluxe room and received a room well cleaned and over all comfortable. The breakfast was satisfactorily and all the staff pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed staying there.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a three night stay in a superior (window) room. Have to say I was glad to have the window. It didn't provide a view, but it did provide daylight which I think is important in the morning! The staff were pleasant and very keen to help. The room was spotlessly clean, and although it was on the small side, we managed just fine. The breakfast selection is good, especially the freshly prepared eggs and Pho. The pool on the roof is good but I get the feeling it could have been designed a little better. We were staying over the weekend and they close it early to serve a buffet dinner up there, which I found annoying - might be worth a re-think. Would recommend using the hotel pickup service from the airport to avoid scam taxis. We had a spa treatment on our last day, and as it was a Monday it was 50% off - making it exceptional value - would definitely recommend visiting the spa while you are there.
The gym is ok but it's tiny and doesn't really cater for all the guests. I believe it has moved from the roof to the spa recently. In my opinion it would be better on the roof.

2  Thank Jon B
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Jon,

It is our pleasure to welcome you for a 3 night stay at Grand Silverland Hotel & Spa.

I am glad to learn that you are comfortable with the room, facilities and enjoy the food at breakfast.

I appreciate your feedback on the weekend dinner on rooftop. I agree that it may be annoying, however, we think that if you can seat by the pool having the barbecue with some drink, it could be very enjoyable.

For that purpose, we have moved the GYM to Spa floor, near the steam bath and jacuzzi.

Again, thanks for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

A four star hotel trying to be five star but gloriously failing. Nice room, good breakfast and exceptional service to the point of almost trying too hard! Pool on the roof was a treat but get there early to get a lounger! Location was great too.

Room Tip: Need a window? You decide.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pete79
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Fantastic location with excellent service. Spotlessly clean rooms. We had room 607 on back of building and never noticed any traffic noise. Short walk one block Ben Thanh market. Nice buffet breakfast with egg omelet station...and soup if you want that for breakfast. We had an electrical issue in our room and within moments they had staff working on it. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Carocaro,

We are glad to hear that you had a good surprise.

Excellent service, good food and convenient location are our all to make your stay as a good experience.

We also appreciate you kind word on speed action to fix electrical issues.

If your travel plans bring you back, we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My friends and I spent new year's eve here at the rooftop restaurant and it was a great experience.
A very professional and well looked after 4 Star Hotel smack in the middle of the city with a quaint no frills rooftop restaurant which is incredible value for money, being only 400K VND (~$20USD) for the international buffet dinner with free flow of wines. Staff were attentive and professional and we had an amazing countdown to 2014. Overall a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends