“Nice, Comfortable Hostel”

Phan Anh Backpackers Hostel
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. I was very happy with the service, staff, and the accommodation! Even though i had a quite difficult time talking to the reception, i felt that they mean the best service. The breakfast was just fine, I had a good time with my roommates. The room was comfortable, the shower room was nice. The reception did booked my tours, bus transfers, very convenient! Highly recommended hostel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed here for many months, the Phan Anh hostel is by far and away the best hostel worldwide. The service ,the quality and the cleanlyness is first class. The staff are extremely friendly with nothing too much trouble. At the Phan Anh hostel you are not a customer you are a family member. Thats why I call it a home away from home.
Derek.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in both dorm and twin rooms. Both very clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and nothing was ever too much. The included breakfast of sandwiches and iced coffee was excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I spent 6 nights in a double room here. Everything was great.
Firstly, the accomadtion equipment met my satisfaction. A spacious room with strong A/C, clean bathroom, cable TV, mini fridge, soft bed. And one thing i like most is that it very quiet at night. Secondly, the staffs very hospitable. They sat down and talk with me, enjoyed the show on TV with me.They made me feel like a family.Very kind of them to gave me lot of advices where to go, thing to do. Thank you the boy who helps me the way to Cu Chi tunel by local bus.Very detail information about the bus station, fee, time of last bus, where to catch the bus. Two girls so lovely and talkative :)
Moreover, it is located on the packbacker area, very easy to enjoy nightlife here with many restauranst, bars, coffee shops, ...many famous places is nearby, for example Ben Thanh market, War museum is close.
However, the wifi at the ground floor is very good but on upper floor is a little weak. But it's okay. Breakfast is so nice and i can change my choice every day but i felt that the chef is not enthusiastic when cooking. Maybe he was waken up early in the morning.
Everything in here make my days in HCMC.
If you have no plans yet for your stay, like we did, Phan Anh hostel is the best choice.
Love you guys and i would love to be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed in the 8 bed female dorm which was spotlessly clean. My towel and sheets were changed regulary. The hostel staff were very helpful helping me with boooking a bus and boat ticket to Phu Quoc. The manager was very kind too. I wasn't leaving Ho Chi Minh City until 10pm on the night bus so they let me have a shower before I left which I thought was a nice touch.

The hostel is in the backpacker district so very near to a variety of bars and restaurants. It is only a 20 minute walk to the other main sights.

I am returning to Ho Chi Minh City in a few days and I have already booked two nights at this hostel.

Room Tip: The 8 bed female dorm room is nice. The room and bathroom are cleaned every day. The room has air...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We are couple, visiting Ho Chi Minh City for first time from 9/5/2014 to 12/5/2014.

I would like to say BIG "Thank you" to all the staffs of Phan Anh Hostel, especially receptionist who has been very helpful, kind, trustworthy and do not mind going extra miles making things are alright for you. They had make my first trip to Ho Chi Minh City with great memories and wanting to come back visit again.

The location of the hostel is great as it is not just next to a market open in the morning, 5 minutes walk to the night hangout area and yet provided you a quite and comfortable environment for good sleep as it is away from the noisy nightspot area.

We have opted for twin bedroom and though facilities rather basic. it comes with refrigerator, air-cond, attached bathroom, window view, TV, closet, two chairs and a small table and plenty wall socket for you to juice up your gadgets. That is exactly what we only need, any extra is a waste for us.

We had the one day trip to Mekong Delta and a half day trip to Chu Chi Tunnel, which we had signed up with the Hostel itself. It is so convenience that we didn't waste time searching for them. Not to mentioned taxis to airport. Everything is well handled by the receptionist.

Basic breakfast keep you warm in the morning so you don't feel starving.

The cleanliness is superb and amazed by it. Hostel environment is good. You got a money charger next door.

I highly recommend if you are on a budget, or no specific idea where to stay and etc... Do drop by and visit them.

Room Tip: It is not just a hostel, it has a twin bedroom with attached bathroom charging at a reasonable price...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My trip to HCMC didn't start well. When I turned up at my chosen hostel it was shut due to plumbing/electric problems so I was led to a TERRIBLE hostel (Ms Thu - do NOT stay there). So, the following morning I set out and found Phan Anh and all of my problems slipped away. It's excellent, the staff are amazingly helpful and speak enough English to help you out with almost anything you need and are very friendly. The rooms are great and have ferocious (but controllable) a/c and every dorm has an en-suite. There is a lift to all floors. Rooms are made daily and the sheets look and smell clean. Beds are a bit hard but that's standard in Vietnam. It's location in District 1 is right in the heart of the backpacker district and you can walk to all the major sights. Breakfast is actually pretty good with a range of options. I spent three nights there and went on a full day trip and the total bill was just over £20. Bargain. I can't recommend this place enough, book it/stay there with confidence. If I head back to HCMC I'm staying her again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo