“Cheap but ruined by huge groups”

The Sinh Tourist Day Tours
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We took a day trip to the cu chi tunnels and in terms of what we got (bus, ticket etc) the trip was good value for the cheap price.

However, our group size was 60 tourists to 1 guide which was a massive problem: only a few members of the group got to try out some of the sights there and our view of the demonstrations at times was completely blocked. The tour guide did a great job but it was a huge task and we recommend going in a smaller group to get more from it.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked the Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple for a family of 4 with 2 young children. The bus left down town Ho Chi Minh City on time with an English speaking guide. The guide was amazing with so much information and a great sense of humour.
As I was travelling with children the bus ride was very cramped and very very long. The sides are 3 hours out of the city which meant it was a very very long day.
However, a tour is the only way to see these sights and this was definitely a tour company I would recommend, as it was a small group which made for more intimate talks.
The kids were so fascinated by the history, the sights and sounds and the beauty of the countryside.
This is a tour company I will be taking again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Cu Chi Tunnels 1/2 day tour: I had booked and paid for the Cu Chi tunnels/Cao Dai temple whole day tour. Only when I arrived at the Sinh Tourist office was I informed that the Cao Dai part of the trip would not be running and that I would not be able to get a refund for the portion of the trip I had not paid for. Admittedly the difference was only around $3, but that's $3 extra than everyone else that I paid to go on the Cu Chi 1/2 day tour. En route our minibus stopped on a dodgy-looking back alley for "restrooms". A clear tourist trap, with the usual overpriced drinks/sculptures etc. Nobody wanted to get off the minibus, so the driver (reluctantly) drove on. The tour itself was rushed and overcrowded. There was one guide for 40 people - a whole bus plus a minibus of people. As other reviewers have said, if you don't get to the front/near the guide, you won't have a clue of what's going on, or be able to see the tunnels. Actually going in the tunnels was the highlight of the tour, though this was a mere 5 minutes of the 5 hour trip!

3 day exit via Mekong Delta to Phnom Penh: There were some really nice parts to this trip. Some of the people on it were really friendly. Unfortunately the guide would change at least once per day, so there was no real consistency. The four star hotel was good, but the hotel the following night was somewhat lacking. The wallpaper was falling off and the toilet had no ceiling. At least there was free wifi. On the final day we were taken by rowing boat to see a small local Muslim village with mosque. The woman rowing our boat spoke to the guide whilst looking at me. I had brought my SLR camera, thinking nothing on it. I overheard the guide remark "ah, la camera", to the woman. She then asked me to follow her, ahead of all the other tourists, back to the rowing boat, where she demanded a tip. I offered her money, but she wanted more. By this point other tourists were returning to their boats, and a Vietnamese tourist who was in the rowing boat with me then told me I did not need to tip when I questioned her. Surely the guides should not be encouraging this sort of behavior. Some of the sights on the trip were really good. The floating village was interesting to see, and some of the fruits we tried were marvelous.

Overall, however, I would not recommend the Sinh Tourist in the slightest. One to avoid.

1  Thank captainfjw
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I've used Sinh Tourist for A to B journeys and day trips and everything has been fine. My tour to Cu Chi Tunnels in HCMC was brilliant with a wonderful friendly, funny guide. All the other journeys I've done have been hassle free, on time and comfortable (often on a bus half full so plenty of space). Having travelled alot with Phoung Trang company previously I much prefer Sinh Tourist and find them more professional and reliable.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked a two day one night trip from HCMCity to Mekong Delta with Sinh Tours. The hotel was Van Phat 1 in Con Tho city
The sampan trip up the canals need more time. Be careful of getting on and off these as one of the people in our trip slipped on a muddy step and fell in to the muddy waters, lost her phone, dignity and smelled really badly all the way back.
The trip was organised OK but the visit to Vinh Long was not necessary and just padded out the time on day 2
We could have spent more time on the sampans and visit the floating market much earlier because the busyness of the place had died right down by the time we arrived.
It was a valuable experience and gives me confidence tol go back to the Mekong and based on my experience I will organise it myself so I can spend time seeing and doing things that I prefer.