“Very disappointing”

The Sinh Tourist Day Tours
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have used this company for most of my travel on Vietnam and that has been a mistake. The open bus ticket has been ok but the day tours have been most disappointing. The tour to Sapa of 3 nights and 2 days was very badly organised. We were collected from the Hanoi office and brought to train station. The train was clean Jane comfortable. The next day we are met by guide and mini bus and brought to Sapa. When booking I was not made aware of the fact that there were 2 classes of hotel and ended up staying alone in a different building.
On the first day you walk 12 km and are followed and helped on muddy paths by the local women. We asked the guide how should we repay them and he said you don't have to but we thought we would give them a tip. When we arrived in the village the women then forcefully attempted to sell their craftwork to us. The prices were very high.
Next we ate lunch in a dirty restaurant where they get our order wrong from very small menu. For the hour we are there all of the tables were surrounded by local kids and women trying to sell things.
Then we walk a little more and take bus back to Sapa. The next day we walk to a waterfall and there are no women helpers and the selling is more relaxed. There was a lot of free time on the trip in Sapa and we felt tat what we did could have even easily done in one day if we had returned to Sa for lunch the I rest day.
On the last day we were taken to restaurant near the train station. The restaurant owner took our vouchers and collected the train tickets. He did not bring mine until close to the time when the train was leaving. We felt it was a scam as many people then eat dinner in his restaurant as we arrive much too early before the train.
Overall I think that Sinh Tourist is living off its past reputation. If they continue to not care about their clients this reputation will be lost forever.

2  Thank nellygiddy

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything is fine. I enjoyed my journey so much. The island trip in Nha Trang was very nice with a tour guide and some others staffs who can play really lovely music.
But i think they can do it better. Their staffs is good but just some.
The office staff need more friendly and happy to do their job.
Thanks for everything.
I will come back.

2  Thank Ngô B
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was probably the worst day in the 4 weeks we've been touring. This was a horrible experience from the start as our hotel had organised the trip for us the night before so we got their on time to pick up our tickets the next morning only to be told we weren't booked. So after about 15 minutes of debate we are told we are right to go on an extra bus as there were 3 others with the same problem. Worked out well for the 5 of us as we ended up with a private minibus but its all downhill from there.
Once we got to Cu Chi we couldn't see or hear much as there were 44 people on our tour so all it was was push and shove to get to the front. The best part of the day was when the tour had finished.
The only reason I didn't give it Terrible Status is we met some nice people on the minibus.

TIP: Avoid the bigger tours

1  Thank Wayne R
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I booked on the 2 Day 1 Night Mekong Delta tour and were very impressed, especially at this price. The guides were very friendly and professional and the places they took us were good too. We did a whole range of things including different boats, a lovely place for lunch, coconut plantation, tropical fruit plantation and also the floating market. We also had enough free time which was nice as also wanted to relax and the 4-star hotel was a real bonus for what we paid!
I'd recommend heading to the office to book as we got a discount being two people, obviously because of sharing a room.
All in all, well worth it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading the other reviews on this website, and then using the service, I feel that the reviews are unfair. To give perspective, I am an American and my wife is Colombian.

My wife and I went to Vietnam for three days in early May, 2013. The first day in Ho Chi Minh City, we took two half-day tours with The Sinh Tourist. The first tour was to Cuchi Tunnels. The tour guide was very professional and treated us with a great deal of respect. I am a large man, and no one ever made fun of obsese Americans. No one attempted sarcasm or disrespectful comments of any type, as I have read other people experienced. I thought that the bus was air conditioned nicely and the leg room was sufficient. (I'm tall and broad shouldered and had no problems.) The organization of the trip was very efficient. The tour guide was not as knowledgeable as I expected, but he did know a lot. The historical details of what the guides and other Vietnamese people said (regarding the period from 1955-1975) did not match what is in historical documents outside of Vietnam, or even Wikipedia. However, their history is consistent.

The second half of the day was a city tour, with a different guide. This individual was more knowledgeable than the first tour guide. However, it was quite difficult to understand, given the his heavy accent. Considering how difficult English is to learn as a second language, I give the young man credit. However, he definitely needed some extra practice.

We were so impressed with the tour (and the price point of the tour) that we went back on day 2 for another tour! This time, we did the Mekong Delta tour. Again, the tour guide was professional, the bus was cool with plenty of room, the boat ride was nice, the horse ride was short (but enough) and the lunch was fantastic. I really don't see how anyone could complain about these day tours. I would recommend these tours to anyone. As a matter of fact, we would go to another part of Vietnam, just to be able to go on these inexpensive tours.

These are the most inexpensive tours that I have ever seen in any part of the world. You can hardly pay for lunch, for the price of an entire day tour with lunch included. If there are specific health issues, those issues can be worked out for an additional cost, which is still very minimal. For instance, there was an elderly Japanese lady on our tour of the Reunification Palace (part of the city tour.) Arrangements were made for her to be able to use the golf-cart at the palace, and she was able to use the elevators. No one was rude her, that I witnessed.

This is a "no-frills" type of company. But they delivered on everything promised and you just can't beat the price.

Using this company really made our trip to Vietnam memorable and very pleasant. Not only would I use them again, but I would (and will) plan a trip around the tours that they offer.

5  Thank 568MarkR