“Was nice but It could be better...”

The Sinh Tourist Day Tours
Ranked #126 of 374 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Was nice but It could be better...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything is fine. I enjoyed my journey so much. The island trip in Nha Trang was very nice with a tour guide and some others staffs who can play really lovely music.
But i think they can do it better. Their staffs is good but just some.
The office staff need more friendly and happy to do their job.
Thanks for everything.

• Vietnamese first
Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Not A Good Day At Cu Chi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was probably the worst day in the 4 weeks we've been touring. This was a horrible experience from the start as our hotel had organised the trip for us the night before so we got their on time to pick up our tickets the next morning only to be told we weren't booked. So after about 15 minutes of debate we are told we are right to go on an extra bus as there were 3 others with the same problem. Worked out well for the 5 of us as we ended up with a private minibus but its all downhill from there.
Once we got to Cu Chi we couldn't see or hear much as there were 44 people on our tour so all it was was push and shove to get to the front. The best part of the day was when the tour had finished.
The only reason I didn't give it Terrible Status is we met some nice people on the minibus.

TIP: Avoid the bigger tours

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Wayne R
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent tour for the price, very professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I booked on the 2 Day 1 Night Mekong Delta tour and were very impressed, especially at this price. The guides were very friendly and professional and the places they took us were good too. We did a whole range of things including different boats, a lovely place for lunch, coconut plantation, tropical fruit plantation and also the floating market. We also had enough free time which was nice as also wanted to relax and the 4-star hotel was a real bonus for what we paid!
I'd recommend heading to the office to book as we got a discount being two people, obviously because of sharing a room.
All in all, well worth it.

Visited June 2013
Hartsville, SC
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 298 helpful votes
“For day tours (and the price), you won't find anything better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading the other reviews on this website, and then using the service, I feel that the reviews are unfair. To give perspective, I am an American and my wife is Colombian.

My wife and I went to Vietnam for three days in early May, 2013. The first day in Ho Chi Minh City, we took two half-day tours with The Sinh Tourist. The first tour was to Cuchi Tunnels. The tour guide was very professional and treated us with a great deal of respect. I am a large man, and no one ever made fun of obsese Americans. No one attempted sarcasm or disrespectful comments of any type, as I have read other people experienced. I thought that the bus was air conditioned nicely and the leg room was sufficient. (I'm tall and broad shouldered and had no problems.) The organization of the trip was very efficient. The tour guide was not as knowledgeable as I expected, but he did know a lot. The historical details of what the guides and other Vietnamese people said (regarding the period from 1955-1975) did not match what is in historical documents outside of Vietnam, or even Wikipedia. However, their history is consistent.

The second half of the day was a city tour, with a different guide. This individual was more knowledgeable than the first tour guide. However, it was quite difficult to understand, given the his heavy accent. Considering how difficult English is to learn as a second language, I give the young man credit. However, he definitely needed some extra practice.

We were so impressed with the tour (and the price point of the tour) that we went back on day 2 for another tour! This time, we did the Mekong Delta tour. Again, the tour guide was professional, the bus was cool with plenty of room, the boat ride was nice, the horse ride was short (but enough) and the lunch was fantastic. I really don't see how anyone could complain about these day tours. I would recommend these tours to anyone. As a matter of fact, we would go to another part of Vietnam, just to be able to go on these inexpensive tours.

These are the most inexpensive tours that I have ever seen in any part of the world. You can hardly pay for lunch, for the price of an entire day tour with lunch included. If there are specific health issues, those issues can be worked out for an additional cost, which is still very minimal. For instance, there was an elderly Japanese lady on our tour of the Reunification Palace (part of the city tour.) Arrangements were made for her to be able to use the golf-cart at the palace, and she was able to use the elevators. No one was rude her, that I witnessed.

This is a "no-frills" type of company. But they delivered on everything promised and you just can't beat the price.

Using this company really made our trip to Vietnam memorable and very pleasant. Not only would I use them again, but I would (and will) plan a trip around the tours that they offer.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Mark R
Ho Chi Minh
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Professional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I used bus service of The Sinh Tourist to NhaTrang twice and was really happy with this. The bus is good & clean. There are lots of space for bus-waiting client at its station at De Tham street.