“10 hours from Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City, never again !”

The Sinh Tourist Day Tours
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Used sinh tourist from Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City !

Bus supposed to leave at 8am ! On the voucher it says - you should be 30min before at the office.

At 8am the bus was there, most passengers also, but 3 were still missing.
After a while they called and found out the missing passengers were waiting for a pick-up from Sinh Tourist at their hotel. Which they never do !

So 50 people had to wait until 35 min later 3 passengers arrived late !

Stupid management ! They should have left at 8am straight !

If you have an option don't take them I would say, there are more professional operator around.

All in all it took 10 hours to Ho Chi Minh City ! Never, ever again !

1  Thank fiji_taveuni
"coconut candy factory"
in 7 reviews
"vnd per person"

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Used sinh tourist from Dalat to Mui Ne.
Small extremely bumpy van with hardly any AC especially in the back.
The driver was only interested to get there as fast as possible. We had to literally hang on for life.
Also the luggage was stored on part of the last row of seats.

1  Thank jeroenvK
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I went to HCMC with 3 friends and we decided to take tour from sinh cafe as recommended by our hotel owner.

It was 10 minutes walking distance from our hotel. Easy to find. No hussle in choosing the tours we wanted, however one of the staff was a bit unfriendly. She sat in the check in counter, and when we ask nicely where we should go to book a tour, she just pointed out the place without smiling and not keeping eye contact. I dont think she should behave like that. She should try to be more friendly and smile a lot. It was at 8 am, still early to act sour.

However, the staff at the ticketing counter where we book the tour was nice. We book a cai be vinh long 1 day tour on the next day and chu chi tunnel half day tour on the later day. The process was quick.

On tour day, we arrive half an hour before departure and we need to inform the staff, show the receipt in order to get the ticket and seat no. The bus arrive on time and the tour guide was very friendly and gave a lot of information regarding the place we were going. We have no complaint on that. :)

Overall, we were all satisfied with the service.

1  Thank Asyah
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went to the Cu Chi Tunnels with this company. We were told to be there 15 minutes early to "check in" otherwise we would not be able to go. Our bus was about half an hour late. The guide started his introduction by asking if we were all ready to go to Cambodia. I wish I had a camera on his face when he found out that we were going to the tunnels. But he had done this tour before too.

The tour was disappointing. We were hustled through into a room to watch a video, which we couldn't hear because all the tour guides stood at the back talking. We were rushed around the sights, looking enviously at other groups who seemed to be getting a much more in depth tour. If you didn't push your way to the front of the group then you basically missed out as we raced from one thing to the next without much explanation and a strictly limited time for photos. We got to the gun range and were told to sit on some benches where everyone would e meeting in about 10 minutes to carry on with the tour. Some how the guide left without us and didn't bother to come back and find us until everyone else was back on the coach and he did a head count. We missed out on the tunnels. So we spent 2 hours on a bus to go to the tunnels only to miss out on seeing the actual tunnels. The guide apologised but then started to back track and say that it was not his fault. We had to tag on to another group after explaining the problem to their guide, he could not believe it and said that it is just a basic rule that you do head counts and if a member of your group is missing then you find them before moving on.

When I got back to Sinh Travel I complained there too, only to be told rather rudely that they would be doing nothing and we would not be getting any money back.

5  Thank pjevans79
See more reviews
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm not sure everything is so bad with The Sinh Tours, may be it just wasn't my day. But definitely I can find some distinctions from other bus operators of Vietnam. May be not ten, but some we will find, sure.
1) The staff. When I came to their office to buy a ticket from Mui-Ne to Ho Chi Minh I paid attention - their staff never smile. Even I tried to make some (may be stupid) jokes they didn't agree to chenge their mood.
2) The price. I travelled a lot around Vietnam, and I know what I say - the prices for bus tickets of Sinh Tours (aka Sinh Cafe) are highest prices in this country.
3) The service. If you travelled in Vietnam you know there is a rule for the bus operator: he always picks you up from your hotel. No matter where is your hotel located. Do not wait Sinh Tour will do this - they told me directly - such facility is not included. Wow! Let's find a taxi in the early morning!!!
4) The bus. They announce good big bus, but as I reached the station I was wonder when I saw small local bus. This one was dirty inside and with broken suspention.

I promised you 10 distinctions but gave only four. Well, you can find another by yourself if you are brave enough to travel with them.

2  Thank Carl S