“Lively French bistro energy with great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bouchon de Saigon - CLOSED

Le Bouchon de Saigon
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: French traditional food in the heart of Saigon.
New York City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lively French bistro energy with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

It was my last night in Saigon and my friend and I decided we wanted to experience a French restaurant in Vietnam. After a lot of research and worried that we may end up at a stuffy too formal restaurant, we decided on Le Bouchon and were pleased we did. It is an energetic bistro reminding me of the atmospherr of somewhere like Pastis in NYC but with better food at half the price. They had me with the free bubbles they served as you decided what to order. I had the steak frites with peppercorn sauce and my friend had the sea bass, both accompanied by a nice bottle of cote du rone. It was delicious! We stayed a not afterwards trying to blend into the French crowd. If you are looking for great French food, reasonably priced, that comes with a lively and fun classically bistro atmosphere, this is the place for you.

1 Thank nyglobetrotting

HCM
“My favorite French Bistro in Ho Chi Minh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

My favorite French Bistro in Ho Chi Minh. Excellent value with high quality food. Try the swordfish carpaccio; best I've had. Onion soup is excellent at 25% of the price of a competitor around the corner (for real!).

Staff is very friendly. Can be a bit noisy at night, but nice casual friendly setting.

Bangkok
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were taken by friends who live in Saigon. The food was of good quality, and similarly the service. Decor a little bit tired, but maybe that gives a feeling of authentic. My only gripe is the fact that there was a lot of smokers and there does not appear to be any non-smoking section. But that may be the law of the land.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stumbled across this lovely little restaurant when we were lost only to find out afterwards that it had rave reviews in Tripadvisor. Good choice of French food with a French owner/chef. Food was on the pricier side as was the wine but you pay for what you get. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English with good knowledge of what the restaurant was serving. We had Samantha looking after us and she did a great job, thank you Samantha ;).

• Visited January 2013
Singapore
“Good food, friendly staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good food at great prices. Staffs were very friendly & offered advices on the menu. We were surprised by music & birthday cake for my daughterr's birthday. Thank you staffs!!

Do make reservations, even during weekday.

Visited December 2012