“authentic french cafe/bakery”
Review of Le Bouchon de Saigon - CLOSED

Le Bouchon de Saigon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: French traditional food in the heart of Saigon.
Hanoi, Vietnam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“authentic french cafe/bakery”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is probably the best cafe bakey in HCMC. The food is really authentic and its a great place for breakfast lunch or a coffee break

• Visited November 2012

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great place with a good ambiance”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is the French bistro, how it need to be!
We went here on a saterday evening late (we arrived arround 9:15 pm) but the place was still complete full.

The atmosphere in this place is exactly the same as you go in a busy Provence bistro, you feel the happy air and the no-problem, no-nonsens attitude.

As a starter we had both the onion soup. A really great soup made to perfection with a good amount of cheese on top. In many French restaurants they are very stingy with these cheese as it is expensive in Viet Nam, but not here my soup had just the right amount of cheese, my wifes had even a bit to much :)
For us this was the best onion soup we have eaten in Viet Nam, I can recommend it to everybody who like onion soup.

For the main course we had both steak, I had the Ribeye steak and my wife the Tenderloin.
As I like my steak "Blue blue" and my wife "well donne" we where happy to see that both steaks where cooked to perfection, my "Blue blue" was exactly how I want it. Also my wife was very happy with hear steak.
Same for the gratin and the potatoes cooked just how it need to be.

One minus point we found here was the noise in the restaurant, as it was complete full it was very very noisy. Sometimes we had even difficult to understand each other so that also we need to speak much more loud to understand each other... (and so we helped to make it even more noisy :)

For this reason I would not recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner, its more a place to go to feel the real Provence vibes, a real bistro that bring the real bistro ambiance.

We paid for our dinner including a bottle of wine and water 1.850.000 VND

My conclusion, Perfect place with good and fresh food for every occasion except for a romantic dinner.
A must visit place!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank AnhBo
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Amazing food, service, atmosphere! I had a fillet so good and cooked to perfection it melted in my mouth. The gratin was heaven, mussels perfect. Highly recommended (by a French person )

Visited September 2012
2 Thank sophieeugene
“Something unespected!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everything is really good, onion soup, baked fish, canard... Profiterol and chicolate mousse as well!! Delicious...
Undortunately I had an unexpected expierence with my main course... Nothing happen, they immediately changed it... Really kins and good service!
Hope to have a chance to try it once more
Marco

New York City, New York
“Bouchon”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It's a little slice of Provence in Saigon. Almost a disneyish version of what a French bistro looks like, with checkered table cloths, and "rustic" beams. The food though while standard bistro fare is well executed.

Visited October 2012