“Friendly staff, awesome food!”
Review of Scott and Binh's - CLOSED

Scott and Binh's
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scott and Binh's is permanently closed. If it ever does open back up, Scott and Duc have nothing to do with it. Sincerely, Scott Marquis
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were staying at the Bizu Boutique hotel just above this restaurant. Finding this restaurant was by chance, only after did we realise how highly rated it was, and my partner and I agreed. Friendly staff, great quality food, and cold beer! Check it out!

expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hi Ryan C, thanks for coming over while your at the hotel, and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. It's always nice to see you and the family :) We all work hard to try to make it as pleasant an experience for our guests as possible. Am sure we will see you all again soon. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited this place two nights in a row as we stayed at the Bizu Boutique Hotel in the same building. We were amazed by the amazing food there. We had both starters, mains and really killer desserts. We dined for around VND 700.000-800.000 a night for 2 persons.

The staff was very friendly and the owner Scott was by our table both nights to say hey and ensure that everything was as intended.

This place gets our very best recommendations!

expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hi Jenz, thanks to you and J for stopping by while you were at the hotel, and then taking the time to write us a review here on TA. Thanks for the kind words about the food, we're aiming to make people happy, but we'll gladly accept amazing :) I hope you both enjoy the rest of your trip through Vietnam. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family and I wanted to find a place that reminded us of the food and serving portions we had back in the US where we spent a combined 20+ years (not that we can finish all the super-sized servings) but being our 1st time at Scott and Binh's we felt very comfortable. The owners were very attentive and when our driver was talking tot hem over the phone to find the exact location, we saw them even outside their restaurant trying ti make sure we find it. The food was good but the atmosphere, service, attention and interaction of the owners were superb and would make you want to come back over and over again...just like hanging out in a friend's place.

expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hi YES_abroad, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. My wife Duc and I, along with the whole staff take great pride in making our guests feel welcome. From your review, it sounds like we were doing what we try do every day :) Like I've always said, we're trying to throw a big dinner party each night.......but sorry you have to pay at the end ;-) Please stop by if you are in the neighborhood again. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I can count on one hand how many burgers I scoff a year. Not that I don't like 'em, but I just have unfortunately high standards when it comes to ground meat on a bun. Years ago I lived near a Japanese supermarket in Seattle, and once you've barbecued Kobe beef patties at home there is sadly little room for improvement.

Co-owner Scott recommended his lamb burger. Though first hesitant, I quickly succumbed after being privy to his animated tale of discovering the sheepy delight. And besides, when the chef tells you what to eat a smart diner listens. I had never had a lamb burger before, and might never again, after having just devoured what I'm sure must be among the best versions of this culinary gem available north of Oceania. Just divine! Or more appropriately, ovine! Washed down with a couple of Bloody Mary's and you will be hard pressed to find a more satisfying and chillax afternoon in New Saigon.

1  Thank Jeffrey B
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi Jeffrey B, it was nice to meet you a few weeks ago. Thanks for coming by and then taking the time to write us a review here on TA. One of the great things about being a chef is that you never have to listen to the scolding of "stop playing with your food!" It's what makes it fun, and when it works, everybody wins. I take great pride in making tasty food, and paying attention to the small details(making homemade celery salt and pickled green beans for the bloody mary's). The staff then makes our food, and serves it with a smile.You're not that far away, so please stop by the next time you are in HCMC. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Pretty surprised with this small corner serving lovely European brunches and quite a interesting mix of sandwiches, burgers, pastas, pizzas, drinks and desserts.

Tip: Confirm your table before you go...this place is popular :)

Hi Rohitkilam, thanks very much for stopping by and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. We are all glad that you enjoyed your time here with us. Please stop by again if you are in the neighborhood. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc.