Scott and Binh's
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scott and Binh's is permanently closed. If it ever does open back up, Scott and Duc have nothing to do with it. Sincerely, Scott Marquis
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family and I wanted to find a place that reminded us of the food and serving portions we had back in the US where we spent a combined 20+ years (not that we can finish all the super-sized servings) but being our 1st time at Scott and Binh's we felt very comfortable. The owners were very attentive and when our driver was talking tot hem over the phone to find the exact location, we saw them even outside their restaurant trying ti make sure we find it. The food was good but the atmosphere, service, attention and interaction of the owners were superb and would make you want to come back over and over again...just like hanging out in a friend's place.

expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hi YES_abroad, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. My wife Duc and I, along with the whole staff take great pride in making our guests feel welcome. From your review, it sounds like we were doing what we try do every day :) Like I've always said, we're trying to throw a big dinner party each night.......but sorry you have to pay at the end ;-) Please stop by if you are in the neighborhood again. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I can count on one hand how many burgers I scoff a year. Not that I don't like 'em, but I just have unfortunately high standards when it comes to ground meat on a bun. Years ago I lived near a Japanese supermarket in Seattle, and once you've barbecued Kobe beef patties at home there is sadly little room for improvement.

Co-owner Scott recommended his lamb burger. Though first hesitant, I quickly succumbed after being privy to his animated tale of discovering the sheepy delight. And besides, when the chef tells you what to eat a smart diner listens. I had never had a lamb burger before, and might never again, after having just devoured what I'm sure must be among the best versions of this culinary gem available north of Oceania. Just divine! Or more appropriately, ovine! Washed down with a couple of Bloody Mary's and you will be hard pressed to find a more satisfying and chillax afternoon in New Saigon.

1  Thank Jeffrey B
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi Jeffrey B, it was nice to meet you a few weeks ago. Thanks for coming by and then taking the time to write us a review here on TA. One of the great things about being a chef is that you never have to listen to the scolding of "stop playing with your food!" It's what makes it fun, and when it works, everybody wins. I take great pride in making tasty food, and paying attention to the small details(making homemade celery salt and pickled green beans for the bloody mary's). The staff then makes our food, and serves it with a smile.You're not that far away, so please stop by the next time you are in HCMC. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Pretty surprised with this small corner serving lovely European brunches and quite a interesting mix of sandwiches, burgers, pastas, pizzas, drinks and desserts.

Tip: Confirm your table before you go...this place is popular :)

Hi Rohitkilam, thanks very much for stopping by and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. We are all glad that you enjoyed your time here with us. Please stop by again if you are in the neighborhood. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The taxi rides to and from Scott and Binh's restuarant in District 7 offer a fascinating look at the new development that has occured outside Saigon. The drive will take you along the Saigon River, past the convention center and shopping malls and into the sprawling new neighborhoods that are sprouting up all over. Scott is an engaging expat from Maine and, if I understand it correctly, this particular neighborhood has a sizeable Korean expat community. After you have a bite to eat, walk around a bit before you grab a cab home. My wife and I ordered a pleasant simple, brunch...but noted that Scott and his wife Binh have created a pretty adventuresome menu.

1  Thank Wendell D
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hi Wendell D, thanks for coming by and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. My wife Duc(Binh is my business partner---you're in good company on that one ;-) and the staff all work very hard to ensure our guests enjoy themselves while they are here. I have lived here 5 years now, and the change is just amazing, as a lot of Phu My Hung didn't exist when I 1st visited 7 years ago. Do stop by again if you are in town and try some more of the menu. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a great family lunch at Scott and Binh's. After reading all the good reviews, we decided to come from District 2 and it was really worth it! Scott is very friendly and welcoming. The menu is huge so you have a lot of choice. The atmosphere is very laid-back. Everyone around the table was very happy with their meals, everything was delicious. Sneakers tart is highly recommended! All the staff is really nice and speak perfect English.
It was a great Sunday lunch, we'll be back soon. Thank you!

expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hi Flowen, it was nice to meet you and your family this past Sunday for your "late Christmas lunch". Thanks for coming by, and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. We are glad you enjoyed your meals, and mentioned our waitstaff, as both our front and back of the house work very hard everyday to keep our guests coming back. We will have a Snickers Tart ready for you next time you drop by :) Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott and Duc