“Fabulous cruise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mango Cruises

Mango Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Mango Cruises offers a variety of products and services in the Mekong Delta. Starting with our Ben Tre Day tour for those wanting a fulfilling day, we also have a Deluxe Homestay for those wanting an overnight experience on our beautiful Riverfront property (compelete with WiFi, A/C and in-room bar fridge). Lastly, we offer our Luxury Private Sampan Cruise to multiple destinations throughout the Mekong Delta and best of all, your Sampan is entirely yours. As of Sep. 2012 we have added our Mango Charter the "Lily May" to the fleet and it provides a great experience for groups of 5 - 8 persons. Whatever your needs, Mango Cruises has a program just right for you.
Auckland Central, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fabulous cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Mango Cruise what a fabulous trip, thank you!!! My Husband and I booked a 2 day overnight cruise and loved it! The staff on board the junk were so lovely and very informative. The boat has so much character and the daily tours through the local villages were a great way to experience the life and culture of South Vietnam along the Mekong Delta. Ask for Loc he's a great tour guide.....

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Shelleece

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The highlight of the Ho Chi Minh leg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were a group of 4 friends travelling to Ho Chi Minh for holidays, never expecting us to appreciate the life of the Vietnamese so much after the insights that we learn from this tour. Our tour guide was really professional, friendly and took very good care of us.

We learn that the local people are happy, carefree and am humbled that even though they do not earn as much as us back home, they are contented with what they have. This tour allows you to appreciate all these with a totally personalised tour, with a boat to yourself (not shared with any other people).

We felt that the tour was very customised and the places that they brought us to did not have any other tourists besides their tour groups (brought by the same company).

I was so pleased with this so much so that I have recommended them on to my family members who are coming over next month.

I trust you would not regret going for this!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank lonemeteorz
Sale, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were picked up at our hotel in Ho Chi Minh City for our tour of the Mekong Delta and from start to finish it was an extremely enjoyable and well organized trip. The guided bike ride, boat ride,sampan and walking tour all added to the experience. Our hosts at the overnight homestay ensured everything ran smoothly and our meals were some of the best we had in Vietnam.
It felt as if we had experienced the real Vietnam away from all the tourist spots.
If you are looking for a tour company to see the Mekong Delta try this one!

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Christine K
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time on the Mekong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I had a great time on the Mekong, we did the 3day/1night homestay & 1 night sampan tour.

Our guide Loc was very good, energetic, always smiling and happy to do anything. My husband lost his reading glasses and within a couple of hours Loc had found them and returned them. My husband was very happy since this was the beginning of a holiday to Vietnam. I love food, and whenever I would ask about something that I would spot in the markets or on the side of the road he stopped to purchase the item for us to taste. If he was unsure about it he would google or phone a friend to get more information.

We visited the brick, coconut, rice, rice paper cashew nut factories all surprisingly good and informative, I think children would also love this, it is so different to western life. We rode bikes through local villages and markets, made rice paper with a local family.

The food was amazing all made fresh....I could go on and on but the food alone is worth the trip. Forego the western style breakfast at the homestay....it is good but the Pho made by local lady from My Long is the best I have had in Vietnam.

Sampan is beautiful, homestay was good and comfortable. The only negative, was dinner on the sampan was served on a landing above the engines, very noisy, just ask to have it in the lounge area. Bathroom at the homestay could be cleaner, prior guest eyelashes, toothpaste/brush still there. But these are NOT reasons to not do this tour. WE HAD A GREAT TIME.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank LLdedenning
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent trip on the Mekong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I did a 1 night /2 day trip on the Mekong. Our sampan was amazing - very well appointed and all the mod cons including A/C and a computer with WiFi! We enjoyed the itinerary - visiting coconut factories, cycling through the countryside and of course visiting the Cai Rang floating market. The staff were very attentive. The food was great and there was always plenty of it - in fact seemed to be eating all the time! It was nice having dinner cooked in front of us almost like a cooking lesson! We slept pretty well - with the help of some earplugs and had a lovely sunrise in the morning! I would highly recommend this tour - we didin't see any other tourists and I really felt that we were seeing the "real" Mekong.

Visited March 2013