“Best hairdresser in HCMC”
Review of Concept Coiffure

Concept Coiffure
More attraction details
Owner description: Concept Coiffure, offers a broad range of tip-to-toe services, in Ho Chi Minh City's district 2, to clients of all ages. | Hairdresser | Hair Salon | Keratin Treatments | Kids Hair Salon | Facial Care | Skin Care | Nail Care | Foot Reflexology | Body Therapy | Please note we accept Cash Only |
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and I both had our hair cut at concept coiffure. Shampoo and head massage were lengthy and relaxing and even better than back in Sydney (and my hairdresser at home gives a great head massage!). Mr Vu helped me select the exact shade of ash brown for my hair and cut it exactly as I asked. I also had a manicure done which has turned out great also.

All the staff at this salon were lovely and welcoming. My hair (cut wash colour blow dry and manicure) came to 1.4 million which is less than half of what I pay at home. My partners wash and cut came to 380,000. If you are looking for a salon in HCMC with lovely staff who know what they are doing look no further than this salon.

2  Thank Monica B
SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

With a great feedback, you have created a full image of our “fantastic” team and “lovely” service. Thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We hope you and your partner enjoy your journey and look forward to your return soon.

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"shampooed"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for Sandrine to do my cut but she was out of town, so they gave me Sky. I will say the good parts first. The head massage was very relaxing but a little too much for me. That's just me. I don't like being massaged. But most will. She was good. The prices are definitely great since I have paid more for cuts. It is a little distance for me to go but I had to give it a try. Sky had given me what I wanted but the layers but,just didn't fall nicely as I hoped. It's an average haircut and I've had so much better. So needless to say I don't care for it much and I couldn't help but get the feeling tht my hair was too healthy for him to cut. As he kept mentioning it.

Dear Guest,

Such a nice review and then you rate us poor? You mention a good massage, good prices and staff. We were really supprised to read your review. When you left the salon you said all was great.

Unfortunately, we are very sad to hear that you were some unhappy with your treatment with us and rated us as such. I think you just mentioned the benefits of our service very well and we are sad they did not match your expectations.

Having said that I look forward to welcoming you back with the full experience of our service, email me direct if you’d like to see me next time.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently visited this salon as part of a bridal party for hair, make-up and manicures. While some of the other bridesmaids and the bride looked fantastic. There are some serious gaps in the service and knowledge of the staff here (of which I unfortunately had ample experience on this day).

Firstly, the hair. Though possessing thick, long hair which to any practised hairdresser's eye is an obvious challenge my ‘updo’ was left until last. I presented a picture of a hairstyle which was more or less ignored, despite my repeated requests. Clearly with one stylist for all five of us he had ‘hit the wall’ and complete lost interest. As a result, he did not complete the steps necessary (blow-drying hair straight, taking the time to curl effectively etc.) He didn’t even apply a product that would prevent frizz and add shine. As a result the ‘up’ part of the do resembled a droopy birds nest. I could’ve done a much better job myself. I have a sister in law who is an AMAZING hairdresser and have been a bridesmaid three times in the last year so was, sadly, all too aware of the shortcuts being taken and the lack of interest being shown.
If there was a problem with the hairstyle I selected (which there shouldn't have been as it was quite simple) or a time issue completing work on the whole party this should have been communicated by the owner. It certainly didn't help, that they were clearly still accepting appointments for other people when they had their hands full with us. Some of the other bridesmaids also had hair completed that looked nothing like what they had requested, but were content as they still looked good. The bride was happy with her hair eventually, but had to ask for it to be completely redone.

The makeup. This was quite good, though was applied in a rushed manner while hair was being done. However, the application of false lashes was atrocious. I was astounded to discover the lashes used were one strip of lashes, not the individual lashes that are a part of any decent makeup artist's skills set. Upon application glue was dribbling and the ends of the lashes sharply pointing into my eye. I really wanted the lashes but after three attempts by the artist I had to give up.

The manicure. Overall a brilliant manicure and pedicure, really professional and thorough. The only downside was my cuticle was cut too deeply, resulting in some bleeding.

I think overall the owner had not properly considered the time it would take to complete four ‘updos’ and one ‘downdo’, make-up and manicures and had not put anywhere near enough staff on or blocked out other appointments. I think in the area of ‘occasion’ beauty some extra training/ more specialised staff are also needed.

1  Thank Tashaband
SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were surprised and dont really understand your review as your complete party walked out very happy and the guest who booked all your treatments commented to us that she was very happy.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I go into Hcmc every month for work, and will try to squeeze in a few hours each time to go over to have my hair cut or coloured.

Their colouring is fantastic, have never had any stylists that can do streaks as well as them. I always get compliments each time i have my hair coloured here.

Mr Vu is very good with cutting layers. He is able to give me layers and a softer fresh new look, without having to take many inches off.

I can never find such good stylists back home in Singapore.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking your time to write of your visit on Trip Advisor!

You are abolutely right! If you want to add some colors into your hair, visiting CONCEPT COIFFURE's professional hair stylist is your best option in Saigon, since we have years of experience in the industry and can help you achieve the look and color you want.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!