“Mom and daughter (1st) haircut together”
Review of Concept Coiffure

Concept Coiffure
More attraction details
Owner description: Concept Coiffure, managed by Sandrine Nguyen, offers a broad range of tip-to-toe services, in Ho Chi Minh City's district 2, to clients of all ages. | Hairdresser | Hair Salon | Keratin Treatments | Kids Hair Salon | Facial Care | Skin Care | Nail Care | Foot Reflexology | Body Therapy | Please note we accept Cash Only |
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was my daughter's first haircut (she's 2.8 years old) and I decided that it was time to trim it to give her curly hair some fresh bounce and body. I decided to take her to Concept Coiffure as I heard they had a kid's corner. I took my daughter after her morning class and although I was not able to book, was glad that they were able to accommodate us. Afraid that my daughter will not sit still, I brought her iPad with us but was pleased that the salon has an iPad of their own to keep the little one occupied during the process. A few minutes later, her hair was done very much to my liking. She remained in the kid's corner playing while I did my hair wash and cut (by Vu), of which I was also very happy with.

The place is clean, modern, and very pleasant. Hair stylists speak English which is great. Definitely will come back for more hair care.

SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

A great and memorable moment to have your first haircut together and many more to come! Thank you for your kind words and writing to TripAdvisor about it.

We are happy you mention our kid’s salon Concept Kids as it specializes exclusively on children’s cuts and styles, as well as a range of exceptional children’s products, services and gifts. We indeed offer the most high-quality haircuts and styles in a child-dedicated atmosphere.

Vu sends his regards and hopes indeed to see you back soon. Our Salon Manager, Vũ Nguyen, excels at finding the best style that best suits you. For Vũ all kinds of clients have been the centre of his attention and he has been an industry specialist for 15 years now.

We truly appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Sadly, I took my 23 month old to have his haircut as I'd heard such great stories about the kids service. I had deliberately grown it long so they could style it properly as I was under the impression that they knew what they were doing. We walked away half hour later (long time for a 23 month old) as the hairdresser kept re-cutting areas. I realised after that he was trying to correct his mistakes. My son was extraordinarily patient as he sat very still. Unfortunately he ended up with a very bad hair cut. I asked the man to neaten up the hair at the nape of his neck as it was almost as long as the top of his head. He refused and said this was natural. He didn't trim and grade the sides above his ear so his hair looks like it had chunks simply bitten out! Such a shame as I was looking forward to taking him there. It turned out that the regular hairdresser down the road did a far superior job for a quarter of the price and in 12 minutes.

2  Thank Lotus0808
SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know and writing to Trip Advisor about your experience. This way we can learn and improve our services.

I was very surprised to hear about your baby's treatment. Hundreds of children already skipped out of our salon looking fabulous. Our Junior Stylist normally has a knack for giving your kids the best cut. Kids coming to Concept Kids feel treated like royalty by him, he always manages to find exactly the cut they desire so something must have been wrong on our side that day.

Would you be so kind to come by our salon again and have me personally oversee the cut of your child free of charge?

I hope that you will accept my offer, and that we will be able to deliver the desired, correctly executed professional and friendly children's service we are known for. Please contact me personally to reserve your child's next hair treatment, either call me on +84835194625 or email me on info@conceptcoiffure.vn.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was amazed to find this place and grateful to get an appointment on a Sunday. Then the magic began and I have had so many compliments about my colour. Was terrified about getting my blonde touched up but they have done a wonderful colour. The surroundings were fabulous and I even ending up having dinner around the corner at Mekong Market so the day finished perfectly. If, as with me, you are coming to the end of your trip and the hair is looking worse for wear, definitely get yourself an appointment.

Dear Guest,

It's great to be to hear you like your blonde colour touch up. Thank you for sharing the way you feel on TripAdvisor.

Concept Coiffure has over 15 years of experience with Western hair and colours and takess great pride in providing guest with the colour they want. We really appreciate the support and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love to go there some weekends even I always like to keep my hair simple. Sandrine really knows how to take good care of your hair and always bring a daring style to you! I would love to change sometimes and so confident to leave it to Sandrine.
The salon is very nice set up in D2 with a pool, where they sometimes have aquarobic class. Sandrine is so creatvie and friendly and so do her staff. I did my nails their as well while waiting for doing my hair, very relaxing!
I highly recommend this place to indulge yourself!

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear you love indulging with us. And thank you for taking your time to write of your visit and sharing your review on TripAdvisor!

Concept Coiffure is definitely a place to relax and be taken care of. Our focus is on delivering a varied choice of treatments and a fantastic guest experience!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

To start with, it is a little way out of District 1, but it's not that far.. Took me about 15 minutes.

The Salon is nicely set up and well presented, the team are very pleasant and helpful. My cut from Sandrine was excellent. I also had my nails done, the mani pedi set up is very comfortable, and the end result was excellent.

Value for money was also good. You will pay a little extra for such a professional and expat oriented environment, but it wasn't excessive.

The only two small disappointments ( and really this is just personal preference) is firstly the lady doing the shampoo and head massage was not the best I've experienced and secondly the range of colours for nails was not huge, if like me you like slightly more daring colours, I would suggest you take your own.

Overall though a very good salon, if I'm back in Saigon I would return.

SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your cut and treatment. Thank you for taking your time to write of your visit and sharing your review on TripAdvisor!

We take your comment about our head massage serious, and I was most sorry to learn that the service you received was not in line with our usual highly regarded head massage. You may rest assured that we have addressed this straight away with the person concerned with additional training. To avoid similar treatment from occurring in the future.

Thank you for commenting on our nail collection. We have about 100 different colours to choose from. We found that if we give our guests more choice there is as they say too much choice. We have a great selection of colours from OPI and take pride in caring for your nails as you say in a very comfortable environment. Our Nail Care treatments, manicures and pedicures are customized and very personal.Our detailed cleaning, shaping and nourishment of the nails, complete with a soothing massage, is topped off with a perfect polish application. Leaving your nails strong and nurtured.

We hope to see you soon again! Please contact me directly to reserve your next hair treatment, either call me on +84835194625 or email me on info@conceptcoiffure.vn.

We hope to see you again soon!