“Best in Saigon”
Review of Restaurant Bobby Chinn - CLOSED

Restaurant Bobby Chinn
Cuisines: Asian, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Saigon”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Bobby Chinn's Restaurant is by far the best we've dined at in Saigon, the food is exceptional and the service is higher than 5 star. My partner proposed to me after dinner and I didn't know it at the time but the waitress took photos. When we returned home from holidays, I was very happy when I checked my emails and saw that I had one from Bobby Chinn's. It was the photos of the proposal. Only a restaurant with 5 star service would go above and beyond to delight and surprise their customers with such a thoughtful gesture. As a foodie, I would highly recommend Restaurant Bobby Chinn to anyone who loves to indulge, has a good sense of humour (you'll understand when you see the extra comments on the menu) and wants to have a very memorable experience. I look forward to visiting the one in Hanoi.

• Visited June 2013

Nassau, New Providence Island
“Great Food - Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was a great mixture of Western and Vietnamese flavors. Everything was well cooked and the desserts were fantastic. The service was attentive, but not too forward. A great location in the Intercontinental hotel.

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Very good service and a nice meal”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We tried this restaurant as I had heard about it and it was within the hotel complex we were staying in, so easy to get to. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful - although I did have to go to the bar to order myself a drink as service was lacking when I wanted a drink.
The food was very nice. I was expecting it to be more Asian than it was. We had 2 children with us and they were well catered for.
We had a chat with the guy who I think was managing the restaurant and he was chatty and friendly. At the end they gave us a plate with these yummy little chocolate tacos. And then when I arrived home they sent an email with a couple of photos they took of us on the night. I thought that was a really nice touch.

We also ate at their Hanoi restaurant prior to this one.

• Visited May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best meal in HCM”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I love Vietnamese food but I wasn't so happy with the food in HCM. I find Ha Noi has better street choices.

We went down to HCM for a girly vacation and our first dinner stop was at Bobby Chinn's. We made reservations via email and told them about our vacation. The service was top notch.

They remembered our email, showered us with compliments of how beautiful we looked and were so hospitable and accommodating.

We ordered a platter of assorted bread with hummus, and grapes wrapped in goat's cheese and encased in pistachios (what seems to be a popular French starter) to start. We were then given out first surprise: four complimentary servings of a beautiful starter, a delectable salmon patty with local herbs on a bed of vermicelli. So juicy and so perfect.

For mains, we had the wagyu beef burger (amazing beef patty, don't waste time with the bun), the apple-smoked duck with bak choy (am not sure why chefs have a fascination for this combi of duck and bak choy - Daniel Bouloud also uses it at his restaurant in Singapore - because it does not work for me), barramundi steak (beautiful fish, glaze was weird) and a crispy salmon steak with wasabi mash and a ginger Demi glaze (best dish out of the four).

We then ordered churros for dessert which was meh. It was then that we got another surprise: four complimentary servings of what tasted like a chocolate mouse wrapped in silky crepe. This was glorious and it made up for the churros. It even had a "Welcome to Bobby Chinn's" sign written in chocolate.

Overall, I loved our meal here. We had a blast drinking and eating, were treated like princesses and the staff continuously offered to take our pictures for us. They were lovely. Price is heavy on the wallet but for a happy tummy it's always worth the buck.

• Visited June 2012
San Francisco
“impeccable service and great food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

loved the fusion of Vietnamese and Western culinary styles.
Nothing to dislike at all as this was a great dining experience.

Visited April 2013