“Wonderful experience...highly recommended”

Roadstour Company
Ranked #35 of 389 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: "Your coming back - Our destination!" At Roadstour Company(Located at 123 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St, W6, D3,HCMC- Managed by Mr Phung) we believe in this valued concept and always try to do different good ways to prove that you never get wrong by choosing us as we just want to do business on your gratification. Thank you for giving us a chance to show you why we are different!
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience...highly recommended”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our family of six (mum, dad and four kids) were all keen to see the Cu Chi tunnels on the last day of our two week Vietnam odyssey. We chose Roadstour on the basis of the solid TA reviews and Phung's clear and timely email responses to my emails around last minute tour logistics.

Timing of the tour was set based on our schedule and evening flight out of HCMC. Phung came with his driver to our hotel and took us all out to Cu Chi in a big, tidy mini bus. We were hungry for lunch and per my last minute request, Phung took us to a perfect little bakery en route for a Banh Mi sandwich.

The tour itself was excellent. This was largely due to Phung's deep and colorful knowledge of the site, Vietnamese history as well as his great command of English.

After the tour, Phung took us directly from Cu Chi to the airport for our evening flight.

I have found that the best tours are those where you have a guide who not only knows the sites well but moreover, goes out of their way to understand all of your specific ends and deliver around these needs.

For us, Phung did this superbly. He has my highest recommendation.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank tippyview
Phung-Capvan, Owner at Roadstour Company, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Xin chao Mr Michael and family,
How great of your comment on Trip advisor here!
It's my pleasure to know that you and your family happy on tour with us!
We have many valued client made good comments after they took our services, that is main reason you know and contact to us and I knew you expect to get good service for your tour and now I got you comment here with best words to us, that thing make me get stronger believe in my way to do business and promise to try more to deserve your trust and hope you are keep voting to us when ever you have chance to back Vietnam.
Best wishes to you and your family there.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A fantastic day out in Ho Chi Minh City”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I found Phung's tour company amongst many others listed on the Ho Chi Minh city attractions Trip Advisor page, and after much deliberation I decided to book a full day tour for my wife and I to visit the Cu Chi tunnels and Ho Chi Min city attractions with his Roadstour company.

Initial contact was established via email and Phung's responses were always prompt and clear, and this immediately gave me a good impression of him and the services he was going to provide.

I requested that he personally conduct our tour, and although I do understand he has great tour guides working for him, I felt that after reading the many trip advisor reviews that we'd enjoy his company and get more out of the tour if we went with him. I realise that as the owner this isn't always possible for him to accommodate, but on this occasion we were lucky that Phung was free and able to oblige.

So on to the tour itself...well we were picked up promptly at 7.30am in a smart SUV and Phung was a welcoming face in an otherwise strange new country that we had just arrived in the night before. His enthusiasm was instantly apparent, and the day just got better as we got to learn lots about the places we were visiting.

Phung has a fantastic knowledge of Vietnam and is passionate about meeting new customers and imparting his knowledge in a way that feels very natural.

The Cu Chi tunnels were fantastic and the city tour (especially the War Memorial museum) was incredibly informative. We were actually hoping to do another day tour with Phung but unfortunately felt too tired after our overnight flights and decided to take a rest day instead of doing another tour. Phung was very understanding about this and I truly hope we can go back again one day and do the tour we missed out on.

Overall we had a fantastic time and felt really comfortable with Phung (and his driver) from the initial moment that we stepped into the vehicle to the time we were dropped off at our hotel. Moreover (and this is really important to us) is that he made us feel very safe throughout the whole day, and had a great way of engaging us throughout the day. He not only gave us the promised tour but chatted to us about cooking (he sounds like an accomplished amateur chef!), recipes, life in Vietnam, his family & little son and many other topics that made the day feel like a trip with an old friend, rather than an organised tour!

The tour included a fantastic lunch buffet and also a final stop at a local coffee shop where we were able to relax with Phung after what had been a tiring, but incredibly interesting and memorable day.

After spending just a day with Phung it's apparent that not only is he a brilliant tour guide but also a gentleman who is passionate about tourism in his home country and expanding his Roadstour customerbase with his enthusiasm and honesty, and I can wholeheartedly recommend him for any tours whilst in Vietnam.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank alagod
Phung-Capvan, Owner at Roadstour Company, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Mr Pri and wife!
I'm really appreciated what you bring to us! It's fabulous present!
It's my pleasure to know that you all satisfied again with our services on tours in Vietnam here . For myself, you made easy for me on tour as your travel mate so I felt interested to share my Vietnamese experience with you... Thank you for brilliant day!
Last but not least, after the trip with us, we was recognize as your friend in Vietnam, not only your tour operator, it's really great award of your sentiment to us.
Hope that, wherever you are, you both always have happy life with pink of health, success of work and believe to see you again one day in Vietnam.
One again, thank you for coming back, my friends!
Take care!
Phung
Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Roadstar Tours - Cu Chi tunnels & HCMC day tour fantastic tour”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We wanted our first trip to Vietnam to be a memorable one and it definitely was to say the least. Roadstar tours were recommended by a friend of ours so we decided that since the first part of our trip was in Ho Chi Minh and we would visit the Cu Chi tunnels and give Phung a go. From the start of organising the tour with Phung by email to the end of completing the tour with in Ho Chi Minh, the service was impeccable! Every email was answered promptly and any other information that we needed (that wasnt tour related) was given. It was a fantastic and so informative about the history of Cu Chi & Ho Chi Minh. Even when we asked to visit the Rubber Tree plantation (which wasnt part of the tour) Phung made it happen! We left feeling like we had a private tour with a friend who made every effort to accommodate us. We wish Phung all the best and success for his business and highly recommend his service to anyone that goes to Vietnam because you wont be disappointed!

1 Thank Bec S
Xin chao Rebecca,
Thank you very much for your highly recommend our service on Trip advisor.
At Roadstour , We believe that not easy to win your heart but harder to keep your supporting so we are promise ourselves trying to work better to deserve your trusting.
Hope that whenever you back to Vietnam, Roadstour Company always is your first choosing to be your Vietnamese mate of traveling...
From my heart, hope you both and family there in pink of health and success of work.
Best regard,
Da Lat, Vietnam
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great day out with a great guide!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We did a 1-day private tour of the Mekong delta with Phung as our guide and are convinced we made the right decision. Phung's English is so good, that we were able to find out much more about Vietnamese culture than we had in the previous 3 weeks in the country. Phung was incredibly knowledgeable about everything - including crickets!! Our children (aged 7 & 9) loved the day, and Phung had a lovely way with them too. All in all, it was money well spent, and we only wished we could have done a longer tour if we had had the time.

1 Thank Maureen-O1965
Phung-Capvan, Owner at Roadstour Company, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Xin chao Mrs Maureen and family,
How fantastic of your comment on Trip Advisor about us!
It's my pleasure to know that you both satisfied with our services on tours in Vietnam here and now I got the valued comment from you. For myself, you made easy for me on tour as your travel mate so I felt interested to share my Vietnamese experience with you... Thank you for brilliant day!
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfect introduction to vietnam, best personal service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

To be honest I was a bit sceptical when my husband found Phung on TripAdvisor.

As I wasn't really across TripAdvisor I was concerned by his confidence in the ratings Phung had received by others.

WELL...Did I have to eat humble pie !!!

Phung is fantastic ! I can't stress this enough. He truly has an off the chart "care factor" for his clients.

This was evident before we even arrived in Vietnam. He responded very quickly to any of our email enquiries, & nothing was a bother.

In fact he was prepared to pick us up at a location that other tour companies announced were to hard!

So we made our deposit & arranged for him to pick us up at the Xa Nat border crossing, between Cambodia & Vietnam, at 10am on a Sunday morning.

He was then taking us to the Caodai Temple, followed by the Cu Chi tunnels, as we made our way to Saigon.

Walking across the dusty border, & finding Phung there with an airconditioned late model immaculate Chevy Cruise car, & driver was the best, as I
was still wondering if he would turn up. Sorry Phung :)

The car was extremely clean, like new, & after spending a week in Cambodian tuk tuks it was a very nice change.

He immediately provided Cold water bottles (much appreciated in the heat).

Then it was time to sit back, relax & enjoy the ride as they say...except Phung had other ideas.

He was very concerned that we get everything we expected & more out of our day with him, so there was much conversation going like this...

Phung questioning us with lots of options, & my husband & I replying that honestly we were very happy with his service so far, & we were happy to go on his timetable, as long as we get to Saigon at the end of the day!

We enjoyed our time with Phung immensely, & his knowledge of the Cu Chi tunnels was excellent.

The Best Guide we could have had !!

The practical advice he gave us about travelling in Vietnam re meals, transport, culture etc. was just the type of 'extra mile' service that Phung provides, & extremely helpful.

We also need to acknowledge our driver who delivered us safely to our destination - navigating all kinds of transport on the roads, along with some periods of heavy rain falls.

We have absolutely no reservation in recommending Phung for any travel assistance you need, & will definitely be using him again when we return to Vietnam !

1 Thank Kellie P
Phung-Capvan, Owner at Roadstour Company, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Kellie and Remo
I'm really appreciated what you bring to us! It's fabulous present!
One again, thank you for coming back, my Friends
Take care!