“Great Value Hotel”

Ranked #63 of 891 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Hull UK
“Great Value Hotel”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I completely agree with "TimK's" excellent review. The staff are wonderful and the hotel great value.
22$ and it includes
wifi
very fast computer in small eating area
laundry
international call (we did not use this)
breakfast
The best breakfast we have had so far. The usual choice with a freshly made chicken pho accompanied by a huge bunch of assorted herbs.

Bedroom (203) fairly small but fine. Modern bathroom with hot water and good shower.
Spotlessly clean and the area was ideal for us to walk to the restaurants.

The lovely staff helped us with trips to Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong. They fell over each other to be helpful. We are delighted to be coming back for one night after the Mekong to start our journey back north. We will remember the staff long after we get back home.

There are a few shops nearby - try and use them. I went to a small fruit stall around the corner on Co Bac. I thought I had bought a bag of pineapple for 30,000 dong which I gave her - she gave me the change for 13,000 dongs. I did the same at the shoe shop on Co Bac. I was going to pay 100,000 but she said no the price is 25,000. Although they don't have much, they are lovely, generous and honest people.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front. Although the road is quiet by Saigon standards, I was disturbed by traaf...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrianRHullUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
UK
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Ava Saigon 2 hotel...Ho Chi Min City

Absolutely lovely hotel... Three minutes walk from all the bars, so in a quiet enough area.

Staff are so friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast o set you up for the day.
Big bonus is they will do a kilo,of laundry per dau for you, a god send.
Clean and fresh hotel.

Rooms small, but adequate..tv , mini bar,  good bathroom.

Deffinately recommend, and would stay again if in the area....top marks.

Bear in mind...it may be under a different name... Apparently many hotels chop n change the name....Think it was ava saigon.....or saigon 2 ....anyhow...if u show the taxi driver the adresse, you will get there.....the address is correct...if that makes sense.
If you get a taxi from north bus station...cost you about 170 ,000 dong.

• Stayed January 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2012

The Ava Saigon 2 was a very friendly hotel that is located well, seperated from the dense back packing spot, but only a 2-5 min walk away. The hotel is easy to find, as streets are well marked. But they do have a sign for the hotel, they still have their old ones up, which was kind of confusing. The old hotel is called Tan Khanh Anh Hotel. Everyone at the reception was smiling and helpful. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was a Superior Double. It had a nice window with a big bed. The room was clean and a good size. It had a mirror with a desk and little stool as well. You were provided with ample amenities.

Service- Service was great. When I asked for a city map, they tracked one down for me, asked what I wanted to see and drew out a walking plan. There was always a girl there that, when you walked in through the door she retrieved the elevator. Not really necessary, but a friendly touch. They weren't completely knowledgeable about the tours they sell, but like I mentioned, you are close to the tourist area where there are MANY tour shops. Another nice touch, was the free laundry service. I believe it is 1kg a day and they deliver it back to your room.

Rooms-The Superior double was big, with a big bath tub. It is not an enclosed shower, but it is hot. The floor dries quickly anyways. Everything was clean and comfortable. The only other thing would be that the sheets on the bed didn't really fit that well and came almost completely off by the end of the night. 2nd set of sheets had a couple small noticeable holes. Just a small detail.

Location- Nice quiet spot in District 1. We were easily able to walk to restaurants and tour shops in the backpacker area. We were also easily able to walk to the Ben Than market and City Hall (at night to see it all lit up).

Value- Very good value, I would stay here again. Maybe could have been a few dollars cheaper, as when I compare against other hotels I have stayed in, the best was a couple of $$ cheaper than this one, so it can be done.

Room Tip: We were located on the third floor at the end of the hall, next to the stair case. It was nice and q...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple