“Excellent all round”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New York Italian. Warm casual eatery
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having been a chef for Italian restaurants I'm often disappointed when visiting Italian restaurants. Not so at Ciao Bella!

Service is attentive and faultless. Every dish was tasty and well executed. The wines are the best value that you will find. -They certainly aren't making much money on them!

Tony, the host/manager was very friendly and treated us to dessert and Limoncello and generally made us feel very welcome.

Overall I felt that this was a very high standard for an Italian restaurant, also when compared to restaurants IN Italy.

Can't wait to go again!

2  Thank sebkarlsson

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Lets start off by saying ...... I really like the Resturant inside it feels like a true Italian Trattoria " Family Resturant."
The service was prompt and attentive as it should be expected.
The menu is extensive and well diverse. And the portion sizes come in a small and large size. I like this idea that way you can try a few other dishes as well!
The pasta dishes are all very good , so make sure you give them a try! I also had the pizza.. My advice is pass on it.
I made a recommendation / Suggestion to the owner and he is fully aware that the pizza needs improvement and he is working on a overhaul of the pizza! " Mr. Tony gave me a invitation to return and try the pizza after, I agreed!

I like the home made Italian bread that is baked at the Resturant as well as his full bar and nice wine selection!

I think reasonably you can expect to leave the Resturant paying for one person $20.00 and enjoy a great meal and if your lucky to meet the Owner who walks around greeting people , you will soon discover he is a warm and friendly man who wants to make sure his customers are enjoying themselves , and leave his Resturant making a new friend too!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

It was a busy Saturday night and we were craving non-Asian food. This was close to our hotel. Despite being busy, we were seated immediately and received complimentary glasses of prosecco and bread with toppings. The owner himself (at least i think he was, he had an italian accent) read of the specials to us. I had the ravioli stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and cheese, while my husband got the rotisserie chicken. We also got a bottle of Sangiovese. I loved the wine and ravioli, but my husband's chicken was undercooked in spots. Also, the chicken dish was supposed to come with potatoes and vegetables, but the potatoes were missing. The portion size for the ravioli was a little small for the price, but plenty for me to eat. Our dining experience would have been much more enjoyable had it not been for the obnoxious Vietnamese kid at the table next to us, plus his mother's apathy and lack of control. The staff did their best to mediate that situation. I would recommend for a delicious authentic Italian experience.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Together with a group of friends, I went to Ciao Bella based on the strength of the reviews here on TripAdvisor. The place was well patronized (which is a good sign) but luckily they had a table for 4. A complimentary glass of champagne was served together with a basket of bread.

The appetizers were good, though not world class. I've had better gnocchi and zucchini flowers elsewhere. We had several plates of pasta afterwards but these were a step behind the appetizers and were above average only. I had the tiramisu for dessert and this was a bit disappointing, a bit soggier than I would have liked and the mascarpone was not smooth enough (had a slightly gritty mouth feel).

Overall I'd rate it above average though not very good: 3.5 stars but since this option was not available, I put in 4 stars.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The place was busy with a mixture of expats and locals. Staff was friendly and attentive. The menu offered a broad variety for every taste and was enlarged by several daily specials. Although the portions, compared to other restaurants, might be small and expensive, the taste is fantastic and absolutely worth it.