“Book in advance and enjoy best Italian in Saigon”
Review of Ciao Bella

Ciao Bella
Ranked #91 of 3,860 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New York Italian. Warm casual eatery
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We arrived without reservation, but were asked too wait for 5 minutes. We were given a complimentary glass if wine while we waited. Once seated service was excellent as was the food. I ordered a cannelloni from the specials board, we had complimentary bread and dips prior whilst waiting for the food. The food took about 15 minutes and was delicious. Every very quick despite restaurant being full. Can recommend the house wine. In all I cannot fault this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This probably my first ever review am gonna write in here it's because Ciao Bella! I have been living abroad for the pass 18 yrs and I used to lived in 5* hotels all over Asia. Having knowledge about food, taste and service I probably know what am talking about and it is not easy (realy) to satisfied me and especially my son. I never read any review about you but once somebody mentioned about the quality of food and service came to my attention to give a try. To be honest I never bother to find good foreign food in Saigon coz I have been travelling every month back n forth between Thailand and Vietnam. And while am here I know that only Vietnamese food am looking for best. And YES I came couple of months ago with friends and I wasn't that hungry and had only appetizer but had a chance to taste my friend's dishes and it was WOW! So I came again last week for real experience and it was really blown my mind with the quality of fresh ingredients made all the dishes EXCELLENT!!! Not to forget the service was just AMAZING. I find out the Italian guy who's name Ezio was there at all time explaining about the menu n trying to guide me what the taste I will be satisfied with knowing I was bit lost on my 2nd visit don't know what to pick at that moment coz everything looks good. He was keep on eyes on the service at all time to ensure everything going smooth and perfect, very carefully!! Very smart n charming guy to talk with if you need help to choose your menu, he's there to explain to you. That what most of the restaurants are missing having a person like him. I will definately won't miss Bangkok for great Italian food n service with great value coz I can find here in SAIGON. Continue great work Ezio, you owned the place with your passionate are the combo of CIAO BELLA success! Till next dining with most difficult critic's guest my son :) thank you for all the service and excellent food.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Friendly welcome from the whole team, great food, atmosphere and service! Yorkshire folk particularly well looked after, but a visit should be high on the list of anyone visiting HCMC!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were all tired of eating the local fare and thankfully found this restaurant a few blocks from the Majestic Hotel. This place is great. There are several floors so don't be put off if you see all of the tables on the ground floor taken. After being seated we were treated to some really nice cold prosecco on the house and wonderful fresh italian bread plus 3 different dipping plates to go with it. They will refill the bread and dipping plates as many times as you request. Everything was wonderful, I mean everything. The pastas were out of this world, just like in Italy. I kid you not. We were absolutely delighted. The pizza is very thin crust which is not quite what a NY pizza is but was very good. The duck confit ravioli is outstanding and the vegetarians got fresh pasta that was prepared with the scrapings from a wheel of parmesan. The house red wine is good and goes with what everyone is eating. You are treated to Orangelo on the house at the end. You gotta go if you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Best Italian meal I think I've ever had, and an amazing attentive staff. Complimentary champagne upon arrival, bread with roasted garlic, tapenade, white bean rosemary. Every dish was exceptional-- melting egg ravioli and gnudi, each with ricotta, sage, brown butter, plus the posh carbonara special. All superb. Topped off with rich espresso and molten chocolate cake. Such a friendly, warm place with impeccable food, not at all stuffy, truly perfect in every way! Prices reflect that it is a nice restaurant, but much more reasonable than many other HCMC high end restaurants and a fraction of a meal anywhere near the quality elsewhere. Definitely go -- only regret we found it on our last night.