“Well worth the stay in a good location”
Review of IPeace Hotel

IPeace Hotel
Ranked #93 of 1,000 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved staying at Ipeace. The location was perfect being right in the backpackers area. Great staff, always smiling and willing to help no matter what the problem is. Even booking our train tickets for us and actually getting the tickets we asked for unlike the travel agencies. Even the security guard that sits out front will sacrifice life and limb to help lol. Would come back and stay anytime. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Ipeace and highly recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I found this hotel to be what I am looking for in a budget hotel. It was clean with good betting, hot showers and friendly staff. The staff were helpful and nothing seemed to be a problem. The bedding was clean and comfortable and I enjoyed the local area. I found it easy to get around the city and all the taxis I used were familiar with the hotel.

Room Tip: Keep an eye on what you are being charged outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

So I stayed here many years ago and the rooms were fine. The BIG problem was/IS the ongoing construction next door....as in on YOUR WALL next door !! Years ago it went on into the evening. So I finally just left and found a better hotel for my needs. Recently that Hotel was closed for renovation so I decided to try the Ipeace again. I remembered Suzy the daytime receptionist as being very Sweet and friendly. To my surprise after many years she was still there and SO WAS THE CONSTRUCTION next door !! I stayed a couple of times in the recent past. Rooms OK but day time construction issues still going on. So, I found that on the 8th Floor this is one Very Cool guest room that sometimes they rent out by the month or just by the night. I asked Suzy about it and she said I can stay there any time it is Available. I have been entertaining the thought of renting a room in Saigon for some time to Visit on my off days from my work so I really wanted to stay in this room and get a feel for it. So I booked it for my next trip. I then cancelled a few days in advance due to I was unable to fly down then. So I booked it again Via Text message with Suzy for Sept 13th. She said the room will be Avial for me that night. I ended up coming one night earlier...I texted Suzy my plans from my departing Airport and asked her if I was still able to have "MY ROOM" her exact text reply was "Yes John. Alway have room for u." ...read that how you want but with English her second Language...that she is very Good at by the way I read it as yes they have my room. So, I arrived just after midnight to Night staff. They said I was in room 701 not 801 as Suzy said...They said "My Room" had guests in it already.....and wanted to charge me a higher rate for a room I did not want. I knew that my arrival on this night was a Last minute change of plans but I did every thing I could to Communicate clearly with Suzy and it sure seemed to me she said that my room was Avail for me even the night before the original booking that was made over a week earlier. So, I just took the room with Mice in it..no Joke. I have lived in Vietnam for 5 years now so that is not such a Big thing any more but just want to be clear on this info here...2 mice that I saw running over the head board at the Window on the second bed. So In the morning when I went down stairs the Morning staff apologized for the confusion and said they would try to get my room rate down to what I would have paid for "MY ROOM" I said thank you that would be nice. Then I asked them what time I could move into 801 the room/ my room I had been confirmed on for over a week and even a few days before my arrival. They said sorry, Some one is staying in there for a Month !! Turns out is is a Friend of the Hotel manager. So....Suzy knew all of this the entire time and NEVER thought about telling me about this. SORRY SUZY, Bad Business to a Guy that used to teach Hospitality and Cultural understanding for Students trying to get into the Hotel Industry here in Saigon. So I packed out and moved to a Way better Hotel just across the park from here. The manger did try to offer me a very Slight discount to stay in the room I did not want to stay in with the little friendly mice. So, at the end of the day the way I see it is Suzy did not care enough about my needs and knowing very Much I wanted to stay in the top floor room and just wanted to get me in the hotel for a sale...to book any room at initially at a Higher rate then my original room that she Clearly KNEW in advance was very much occupied by her bosses friend. As I said, She dropped the ball. Later that night she sent me a text and it read " John.i'm so sorry.it's my fault" MY reply was . "OK Thanks, You just lost a good customer with a Big Mouth ; ) "

Room Tip: As long as the Construction is going there are no rooms to escape the banging on your wall ; ) oh ya...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We enjoyed our room, very small, but clean and comfortable. Great value, with a simple but ok breakfast.
Bed is harder than we are used to in the west.
We ran into a little trouble which required a police report, one of the staff happily become our translator, and helped us out... Jenny, you rock, and thank you!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have stayed in many of the hotels and guesthouses in this area and this is one of the better ones. Clean, reasonably priced, helpful and courteous reception staff who speak good English. Nice to see a smile rather than the usual scowl!

There are several small hotels in this street, this is the second one I have stayed in. Located between Pham Ngu Lao and Bui Vien, actually in Hem 28. 3 min walk to Crazy Buffalo/Go2 bars, lots of good street food nearby and about 10 mins walk to Ben Thanh Market. Lots of backpackers in the area, all in all, a fun area to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jemhorne
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This was our second stay at this delightful little hotel in the heart of the backpacker area. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, even after we found they we had made a blunder and actually booked twice. The room was spacious and comfortable. Plenty of good eats right outside.

Room Tip: Go for a Superior room, higher up to avoid the night life noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hinchies
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed here two nights, got moved between rooms because the basic room wasn’t available when I checked in. Hotel is in the backpacker area so you don’t have far to go to get good food, the breakfast was served at the restaurant next door which was good. The staff were friendly and helpful and booked a trip to Cu Chi tunnels which was great. The two rooms that I stayed in were next to each other and the adjoining wall lets sound through so I could hear conversation from the people in the room next door.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo