“A trip back to Whiskey Mountain, near Phan Thiet, Viet Nam”
Review of Lose the Tie Tour

Lose the Tie Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lose The Tie Tour is a private tour so that our tours do not fix time start and finish. It is flexible time and changeable agenda to make sure the customers have relaxing and fun trips.Here at "Lose the tie tours" we find a new attitude. A better way to seize the day. We found that with the right tour not only is your stress lower but your thoughts about life also changes. Seeing first hand that happiness comes from within will change your outlook. Lose the tie, means to lose the boundaries and chains that hold your mind from attaining the things that you have always wanted.With Lose The Tie Tour, you don't need to find your way to a predetermined spot at some ungodly hour in the morning to meet your fellow tour-group members (who might run late and hold everyone up). You don't need to visit 10 different sites when all you really want to see is four. You don't have to leave the one site that has grabbed your interest to keep on a schedule for everyone else.Private guides have no one to please but you. They can potentially meet you at your hotel at the time of your choosing. No rushing or getting lost. While they may have a preplanned itinerary in mind, it's not hard and fast. You can add or delete stops as you see fit. You can even change the itinerary on the fly.Whether your tie is work, stress, daily routing, housework, they lost along the way
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Big Cabin, OK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A trip back to Whiskey Mountain, near Phan Thiet, Viet Nam”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hi my name is Chris Cogle from Oklahoma. I always wanted to go back to Viet Nam to visit the place where I was stationed during the Viet Nam war. I found Boa Vi on the internet thru Tours by locals.com. I was skeptic at first but after I got to Nam she picked me up at the airport in a very nice Toyota minivan with a driver. She was very nice and professional. She spoke very good English and could understand her very well.
All I wanted to do was go out to the mountain take some pics and pay my respect to some of the men who died there. It took us 5 hours to get there. We found it with ease and we could even still drive up to where my company was located. Boa Vi and her cousin brought with them a memorial to the men who died there. We offered up the memorial, burned incense which I thought was very nice and appropriate from her. It showed a total respect for my friends that I lost there. It brought tears to my eyes help me to bring to closure my past there. After that we went just north of the mountain where my good friend lost his life from a land mine and injured a couple of us. I finally got to say good bye to Nick Gurnias and I believe that helped me to bury my past and finally brough peace into my life from the war.
After we returned to Saigon. Boa Vi found me a very clean hotel close to the airport so I could rest before I got my flight back home the next day. She came and picked me up from the hotel the next day, bought me lunch and we visited to help pass the time away. She looked after me all day, which she did not have to do.
I had a very good trip and experience while in Viet Nam because of her and hope others will read this and use her as there guide.
Thanks Vi,
Chris Cogle
Ps. I do not have my pictures develped yet but hope to add them later.

Visited March 2012
11 Thank ChrisCBigCabin_OK
Baovi, Owner at Lose the Tie Tour, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Chris,
Thank you very much for your review. The name of our tour is Lose The Tie Tour mean you can do everything you want, no need to follow a fixed schedule as others tour.
I know that you may travel back to Vietnam only one time of your life so we would like to bring you the best time here.
Again, thank you very much
Bao Vi,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lose the tie tour----excellent private tour perfect trip”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I had an amazing experience with Lose the Tie Tour.
Thanks for my excellent guide Vi :)
She provide me a qualified and personable tour. And i love it!!
Perfect for the foreigners who has his/her own preference/requirement but not familiar with the local. hehe because dear Vi always can make a plan suit for you. Personlized, comformtable, reasonble price.

I didnt have any plan before i go.The trip began as disaster.
i applied the visa online then the agency gave me the wrong visa then they re-do it. i got my correct visa after the flight. So i miss the flight and non-refoundable.
When i first arrived at HoChiMin, I waited about1.5hours in the airport to get the visa. i spent more than 2 hours to leave the airport. i was really regret to go without any plan.
Then i found a "private"taxi take me to the city(11USD). Take the taxi by meter will be much cheaper. The taxi driver recommend me a hotel in the city near the old market in the city center(20USD).Acutally this price can find a lot of hotels in the city. I was so exhuasted and lost when i arrived the hotel that night. I thought i would not have a oragnized trip.
Things changed when i accidently know this Lose the Tie Tour.Guide Vi. I left my hotel address to her and made appointment and i gave her my requirement. I want to visit city centre/historical place or buildings. I want shopping. I want cheap cheap shopping. I want nice local food.
Next day she came with her motor bike. I told her i want to rent a motor bike but she suggest it is not good for foreigners to drive motor bike in Viet nam. She drived me all round. We went to all the shorpping mall/market. She help me buying a lot of cheap Tshirt and some good quality but cheap clothes. Because she is really familiar with all the place.
She brought me to a famous local resturant. We had really really nice local food and i ordered Vietnamese hot pot. So yummy and cheap.( around7-8USD/each).
You can just give her a list that you want to go and you may interest. Vi can work out a perfect plan for you.

Now i am friend with Vi. She is nice and easy going.
Next time when i go to Vietnam i go HCM i will call her again. I will choose Lose the tie tour for sure.

BTW: Thanks Vi sending me to airport as a friend:)

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Cathy C
Baovi, Owner at Lose the Tie Tour, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Hi Cathy,
Thank you for very nice review about my service. It will be helpful for more tourists who would like to visit Vietnam. I am very happy to be your friend. There are many places to take you around when you go back Vietnam. Stay in touch
Surprise, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Informative, interesting, surprising--Saigon & environs”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We had a very short one day visit to Ho Chi Minh City and was so fortunate to have Bao Vi as our guide. She met us at the cruise ship and escorted us for the entire day, returning us to the ship in plenty of time for the late afternoon sailing. The visits to sites fit our interests, markets, local restaurant, Saigon center, even a surprise at the Opera House where we met a visiting Vietnamese author and were invited to tour the inside of the Opera House. Vi's English was very good and her knowledge about her town and country was thorough. We felt we were in good hands. Adrienne and Stu Kirschner

Visited February 2012
Cochrane, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Do it all in HCM”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Vi was a pleasure to deal with and was very flexible in altering my original plan on the fly as I saw different things of interest to me.All the major sights were covered and I decided the time spent on any one sight depending on my interest.This was the most relaxing,informative and exciting tour I have taken.The excitement comes from riding on the back of her bike in the sea of scooters through Ithe crazy traffic and the relaxation from the great massage spot she took me to.I really appreciated the fact that all the entrance fees and food were covered as agreed with no digging in your wallet after.
Thanks Vi and hope to see you again some day.

Visited January 2012
Baovi, Owner at Lose the Tie Tour, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hi Barry,
Thank you very much for your review about me on TripAdvisor and Toursbylocals. I did have a good time with you. I wish to see you again. Maybe I will visit Canada and you will give me a room at your home.
Will you think about stay in Vietnam couple months of year when you retire?
All the best
Bao Vi
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The perfect guide for a taste of Ho Chi Min City.”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Emily Vo (Vi) provided me with an excellent and informative four days guided tour around Ho Chi Min City and its local tour areas.. I like to mix the traditional sites with a mix of informal and 'off the beaten track' venues and Emily provided a safe and enjoyable guide to all of these. She arranged cars, transport, looked after all tipping and generally made my stay a very pleasant experience. I would heartily recommend her services. She is honest and reliable.
She is also now a good friend. I am looking forward to returning with my wife and extending the tour as Vietnam has much to offer.

Visited February 2011