“Lovely place to stay in Saigon”

Cinnamon Hotel Saigon
Ranked #12 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely place to stay in Saigon”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My 17 year old son and I recently visited Saigon for 3 nights. The response to my booking email and questions was prompt and informative. We arranged a driver through the hotel to collect us at the airport as we had a late-evening flight from Bangkok. The driver was there eventhough our flight was delayed. It was wonderful to be driven in comfort and safety directly to the Cinnamon Hotel. The staff were all very lovely and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was good and my son says that the complimentary foot massage was terrific. The room was spotless and welcoming. We really felt at home. We were able to walk to all the places we wanted to visit in District 1 and the street quietened down at a reasonable hour. The only thing we had an issue with was the last morning when we came down for breakfast at 6am ahead of a 6hr bus trip to Cambodia and everything was off and locked up. Fortunately another guest was able to locate the night staff and we made our bus with time to spare - but without breakfast. We would definately stay there again and would recommend it to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Annie021966

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Cinnamon Hotel for 2 nights and wished we could have extended our stay.

The customer service here is amazing! Yen and the staff go over and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Everything is organised for your convenience - when you arrive you receive a city map with the key tourists cites and restaurant recommendations; complementary foot massage (you'll need this after a hard day shopping) and tour organisation.

While the hotel does not have lifts, the rooms on the upper levels are definitely the way to go! We stayed in the Rose room (L5) and was a quiet oasis from the street noise of Saigon.The room was beautiful decorated and had a private balcony with city views. The only complaint was that we had to leave toilet seat down and plugs in the sink/tub due to smell of sewerage but I think this is a city-wide problem.

The hotel location is great. It was only a 10min walk from all the key cites/markets, 5 mins from the backpacker area (cheap but yummy food) and if you are craving a Western coffee Starbucks in 2mins away.

The breakfast here was by far the best hotel breakfast we had in Vietnam. The beef pho was yummy and the pancakes were devine.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel as a homely, comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the upper levels for less street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Awayfromhome340
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed in two rooms for my husband and my two teenage children on the second floor. There are two rooms per floor. Our double room faced the front of the street which has a delightful balcony and our children's room faces the back which has a window on the side of the room. The rooms are connected by a small shared landing in the stairwell. The rooms are absolutely lovely, comfortable, clean and cosy. The rooms are tastefully decorated in a modern style. There is no lift, but it was not an issue. All the staff are delightful, friendly and so helpful. The hotel manager, Yin is just gorgeous. She explained everything to us and really tried very hard to make sure we had a wonderful experience at her hotel in Ho Chi Minh, Saigon. Centrally located to everything. Lovely boutique hotel with friendly staff, and good breakfasts. We highly recommend staying here. We loved it

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the building are quieter, however the front facing have street views and balcon...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is the first time I have ever written a review for a hotel, but Cinnamon was so fantastic I had to take the time. First of all, the customer service is amazing! Yen and the team at Cinnamon could not have been more welcoming, gracious and helpful. They made us feel like we were in a home away from home rather than a typical hotel. Though they were friendly and super accommodating, it never seemed ingenuine. Besides the excellent customer service, we liked the neighborhood which is very central, but not in an overtly tourist-ey area like the backpacker district. There is even a cool market hidden in an alleyway across the street. The rooms are very homey, nice and very clean. Overall, our 7+ days at Cinnamon greatly improved our trip to Vietnam!

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are quieter, but the street view is very cool if you can handle a little...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Callie M
Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed at the Cinnamon for 7 nights in November.
The hotel is well located with just a short walk to the Ben Thanh market area and then to the city centre. Many resturants and bars are nearby.
The hotel decor has a nice feel, the white walls with wood and cane furnishing and trims gave the interior a combination of the traditional and modern. The bed and pillows were comfortable and in my room there was air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Free Wifi of course.
Each of the 10 rooms is named after flowers, I had the Rose room on the top floor at the front of the hotel. The room was spacious with a high ceiling and pleasant balcony decorated with flowers. Nice to stay in for a longer period.
Others have commented on the noise factor, so if this is likely to be an issue for you just ask for a room at the back. I have to say though it didn't bother me and the front rooms are particularly nice. The other potential issue for some may be that there is no lift, but hey, good exercise (especially the top floor), although the lower levels shouldn't present access problems. The staff whisk your bags to your room and do just about everything but carry you up (although they may even arrange this if asked nicely :).
A major asset of this hotel is the staff, the welcoming atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make you feel like it is your home. They are all "stars"!
Another nice touch is the complimentary foot massage.
So the Cinnamon is highly recommended for a stay in Ho Chi Minh City , particularly if you want to stay in a smaller boutique hotel that has an authentic atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back if noise sensitive Try the Rose rooftop room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank davestan12016
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

If I could rate this hotel 6 stars I would!! Loved our stay here, the staff were so friendly & helpful, and when we accidentally booked a twin room (for a couple) they were more than happy to fix the room for us. Really good location, not too busy but near the main attractions. Best hotel we stayed in all of Vietnam!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DoctorSpaceman
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of November. It was like coming home to old friends. All of the staff were fantastic (friendly and attentive), particularly Tuan (sorry if I'm spelling your name wrong). On my first night there, I didn't feel like walking around looking for something to eat, so the staff very kindly offered to run out and grab me a banh mi sandwich from around the corner. I was quite tired, so I agreed. The sandwich was fantastic. Turns out it was from one of the most famous banh mi places in the city - thank you! My room was incredibly comfortable. It was on one of the higher floors so it was a bit of a trek to get there, but that's okay. The bed was great. I didn't want to get out of it :) I didn't get a chance to do the foot massage, but I did have their juices and their breakfasts, all of which were fantastic. I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you so much, Cinnamon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo