“2 great and memorable tours”

Asiana Travel Mate - Private Day Tours
Sundeck Yoga on the Emperor Dragon Boat
Ranked #123 of 398 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded and operated from early 2006, Asiana Travel Mate, Vietnam Local DMC has offices in Saigon, Hanoi and Hue Imperial city in Central Vietnam. Asiana Travel Mate has gained a true value in responsible Travel within Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia with Prestigious travel awards. The Year's Best for Excellent Tour Operator by Vietnam Economic Times The Guide Awards annually from 2009 to 2014 Trusted Brand from 2009 to 2012 by Viet Nam Business Association. Golden cup for Excellent Service in 2009 with theme for Community development and health. Golden cup for Excellent Business in 2009with theme for Community development and health.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We booked via our hotel 2 tours with Asiana and were very happy with their service and the tours. First was a 1/2day City tour. Our guide 'Thypoon' was excellent, a bit boisterous, but loit's of fun with an excellent local knowledge. Once you get used to the Vietnamese English you should not have any problems to understand, of course don't expect your own slang to be spoken. You are in a foreign country and certain things are not like at your own place. The city tour was a great start, especially moving was the war remnant museum. I can strongly recommend to go and read the stories, but understand it is written from the Vietnamese stand point.

Our second tour was the 'Insight Mekon Delta' took. It is a long day from 8 till 5pm but worth every minute. The drive to the start is a bit long, but I guess it would be hart to change that. On our tour it started raining the moment we hit the river. It was so strong we had to wait for 15-20 mins for the wind to abate. It kept on drizzling for the rest of the day, but it did not minder our appreciation for this tour. We saw a lot, but it was also sousing and very peace full. We would do it happily again.

2  Thank downunder45

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm a young oversea Vietnamese and I came back to Vietnam last March with my family. They let me take my own tours to visit around for my first back to Saigon. The staff from Nikko Hotel has recommended me to this company to take Cu Chi tunnels. It was horrible , I joined the tour with Mr. Typhoon and he is absolutly crazy. I expected to know more about the history but he told us all the slang and how to kiss a lady with all his terrible English.
I have given my complaint to the hotel staff and they offer us next trip to Mekong delta with another company which was fantastic. Please consider this company before making your decision!

2  Thank pactricklee
Reviewed April 26, 2014

As a solo traveller I booked a full days tour to the Cu Chi tunnels and Mekong Delta. Cost was $154 but I shopped around and this was the same everywhere as I was a solo traveller. Expensive but I really wanted to see both and only had one day to see them in so bit the bullet so to speak.

My guide was ok but hard to understand at times and didn't always understand me either, which was frustrating. The tunnels were interesting and worth seeing.

The drive to the Mekong was fine despite my driver changing a car tyre. We then took a small boat down the river to the various places and another row boat. The lunch was ok, nothing too special.

The drive back was painless and I was back at my hotel for 4.30pm despite being told it was going to be a super long day and a 7pm return. Made me wonder if I'd missed something.

An expensive day!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We arrived in Ho Chi Minh and on arrival to the hotel, they gave us the tour paperwork so we could decide what to do. We organised a trip to the Mekong delta the next morning. Unfortunately we forgot to take our sunscreen and we asked the guide (whose name escapes me) where we could buy some. He showed us where to go and after we paid and got our change (note: been in Vietnam less than 24 hours), our guide showed up and started talking to the lady that had served us. Suddenly we had more money given to us and then he spoke again, and she handed more over.... It taught us to be more vigilant. This tour was excellent. The lunch was amazing and there was a lot of food. A tip for those doing this tour - make sure you have enough change to tip the people who take you in the canoe. We only had enough small money for one (two people in them) and we felt absolutely terrible. I would definitely do this tour again. I really enjoyed it. It was a really long day but worth it.

2  Thank Dino-mite
Reviewed March 23, 2014

On our recent travels in Vietnam we chose Asiana Travel Mate in Hanoi as its street presentation was appealing.
However we had one mistake after the next over our flights, airport pick ups, hotel bookings and tour bookings.
We were sent on a “wild goose chase", at huge expense, to a place called Elephant Tower near Vientiane, Laos. We were informed at the nearby village that we would be sleeping on raffia mats on the floor ( we are both over 65), where rats were running around and elephants were seen about twice a year!This was all news to us. Naturally we chose to return to Vientiane instead, wasting not only a day of our trip but also a lot of money.
Staff who dealt with us did not know how to spell the names of the cities we were visiting, nor did they appear to know the tour products they were selling. There was a huge mark up for airport transfers, which in one case was entirely unnecessary as the hotel offered free transfers. We were booked into a hotel 6km out of town, when there was ample accommodation available within the town. We wasted an hour and a half waiting for the company to find us more suitable accommodation.
The company made efforts to appease us but inevitably we were not satisfied with their responses to our concerns and the refund we eventually received no way matched that which we had requested.
Stay away from this company!!!

5  Thank Margaret E