“Best tour we've ever done”

Back of the Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Motorbikes and Vietnamese Street Food, what more can you ask for? Here at Back Of The Bike we have been, tasting, researching, and recording all of the best street food in Ho Chi Minh City. We offer you the chance to experience Saigon comfortably and safely on the back of our bikes. Our local, knowledgable and English speaking guides offer you the chance to indulge yourself in our favorite spots for a truly cultural immersive experience.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I can't really express enough how much we loved this tour. You have to do this tour!! Our fantastic tour guides Nam and Ky picked us up from our hotel room and took us to some of the most amazing eating spots that were full of locals. These are not places you would find by yourself by doing a search on the internet. The food was delicious and there was PLENTY of it. We were so full by the end! But that's not even the best bit about the tour, just riding around on the back of a motorcycle on a beautiful evening and taking in the sites was so enjoyable. There is no better way to feel like you are a part of this bustling and amazing city and the guides were highly experienced motorcycle drivers making us feel safe the whole time. Also Nam and Ky were awesome! They were really fun, friendly and easy to get along with, they made us feel a part of the experience and not just like we were watching it. And they taught us many things to do with Vietnamese culture and living in Saigon. They even gave us some great recommendations for the rest of our trip in Vietnam. Please don't leave Saigon without doing this tour!
Tanya and Matt from Aus

1  Thank TaniGee
There are newer reviews for Back of the Bike Tours

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I were met on time at our hotel by two lovely young ladies and set off through rush hour traffic, the girls were very experienced and safe drivers. Unfortunately I had a problem and had to finish off early. My husband continued with the tour and met up with us later, he absolutely loved it. My guide was so helpful, she didn't,t have to stay with me but offered to interpret for me as I don,t speak Vietnamese, I don,t know what I would have done without her she was wonderful, she looked after me like I was her family! Both girls went over and above what was expected of them. So I would like to say A BIG THANK YOU TO BOTH GIRLS. It certainly was a night to REMEMBER! So if any of you out there are worried about booking with this company take my word for it, YOU WILL BE IN SAFE HANDS AND THEY WILL LOOK AFTER YOU, PS. I am not usually the type to write reviews but felt I had to write this one! THANKYOU,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I took the afternoon city tour with back of the bike tours. I was met at the hotel I was staying in by the lovely female guides who were friendly, fun and informative and made the trip a great success! Over 4 hours I got to see the different districts of HCMC and local life, the markets and have a meal at a local restaurant as well as experience the traffic! The tour guides were good riders and I felt safe at all times. This tour was a highlight of my trip and would highly recommend it to anyone young or old.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife, daughter and I took the Back of The Bike Street Food Tour for 4-5 hours on a slightly rainy HCMC afternoon. It was part of our 2 week gourmet focussed tour of HCMC, Hoi An and Hue. We have had a number of visits here, mostly ad hoc with the cuisine, many hits but some misses and so we wanted to do it right this time. This BOTB tour is a great way to start, not only for the cuisine but for the experience of riding through parts of HCMC which many non Vietnamese would not see.

We were greeted at the hotel by Frederick and his smiling team of bike riders, students who speak English very well. You are in good hands - as a passenger you feel quite safe, and HCMC traffic moves at a stately pace. It is certainly exhilarating to feel a part of the hubbub and buzz of the city, part of a moving purpose, as a local would.

We travelled through a number of districts, from the bustle of District 1 through less wider streets and some lanes, once through an attractive flower market. The first meal of a delicious papaya salad we ate in the park opposite. Savoury rice cakes, crisp on the outside and topped with shrimp or pork, was served with fresh greens and fish sauce in the cafe opposite the cooking stall. Your choice of drinks are offered with each dish.
The savoury soup of whole blue swimmer crab was served at a cafe which specialises in this dish – in a deilicous broth, topped with pork rind, fried fish cake with an optional howling green chilli sauce. Four deserts was the final stop, and I'm not a sweet eater but each one was balanced and you finished without the bloated feeling often associated with deserts.

I haven't mentioned two of the dishes because my memory has blurred since then but I did enjoy them all. I should also mention that we stopped at a pagoda which one of the lovely girls escorted us around.
For a taste of HCMC local food and a flavour of the moving city this tour is excellent, and it will be enhanced by your rider guides who are happy to provide information or just talk about their lives in this changing city. Fabulous, go for it! If you go to Hoi An check out Neville Dean's Taste of Hoi An Food Tour – also excellent.

1  Thank BMCGLOIN
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and myself booked the food tour at very short notice. Staff was very professional, reliable and super friendly. We enjoyed this experience of cruising through the night and taste the real street food. You wouldn't want to miss this! Well worth the money!

1  Thank Colonno