“This is a MUST do in Saigon”

Back of the Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Motorbikes and Vietnamese Street Food, what more can you ask for? Here at Back Of The Bike we have been, tasting, researching, and recording all of the best street food in Ho Chi Minh City. We offer you the chance to experience Saigon comfortably and safely on the back of our bikes. Our local, knowledgable and English speaking guides offer you the chance to indulge yourself in our favorite spots for a truly cultural immersive experience.
New York City, New York
“This is a MUST do in Saigon”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Thuy and crew were phenomenal hosts, introducing our group of 4 on the foodie tour to all kinds of Vietnamese street food. All the drivers spoke excellent English and were extremely friendly and engaging. We left the tour stuffed and satisfied... we were so happy we even considered going again the next day! (they know so many great street food spots in Saigon that you can do multiple tours without any repeat spots). The cost per person for the private foodie tour might seem a bit high on first glimpse considering street food in Vietnam is so cheap, but there is no doubt that it was WELL worth it... we never would have found any of the spots we visited on our own (or tried anywhere near the variety of dishes!). Lauren, Emily, Ana, and I can't recommend this tour highly enough.

• Korean first
Toowoomba, Australia
“Best way to experience Saigon City Streets”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I did a morning tour on 10th March 2013. It was fantastic and the best way to experience the apparently crazy Saigon traffic. There are 8 million or so motorbikes in Saigon and the initial impression is just plain scarey and crazy. However, it works so well and we didn't see a single traffic accident during our whole trip through Vietnam. There's lots of tooting (to say Í'm here') but no anger, and much consideration for fellow drivers. We were collected at our hotel by 2 charming students with extra helmets, who spoke excellent English and soon showed that they were experts at navigating the Saigon traffic and really knew their city. They were really friendly and informative and, amazingly, we felt completely safe with them in the traffic from start to finish. We didn't visit the usual tourist sites but saw many of the Saigon Districts including back streets and lanes - and some of the more upmarket districts. We got a much more authentic view of daily life in Saigon. We stopped several times for snacks and drinks (Vietnamese coffee and sugar cane juice) and they took us to a typical Vietnamese cafe for lunch, where we sampled the local beer and an amazing vegetable drink. The food was gorgeous and very novel - they ordered for us and guided us through each dish. We had fruit for dessert which they had purchased at a local stall earlier. Finally, at our request, they dropped us off at the best massage spot (to which we returned 2 more times) which was really close to our hotel. This tour is a must and not to be missed. It is great value for money (800,000 VND each)and the guides were really excellent, professional and super friendly.

Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great night out !”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The three of us booked the night food tour. The money was well spent as we enjoyed some fantastic street food we would have never tried otherwise. We also got to experience being in the busy traffic as a pillion passenger which was great for absorbing the atmosphere of the city. The guides where very nice and warm people whom where happy to tell you about the city, the food and the culture. Would def recommend this great tour !!

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I loved the experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Me and my partner Jess had just finished our tour an hour ago and had a real good time. This is the first tour that I was really keen to write a review on coz I was very satisfied with the service. It is the best way to go around Ho chi Minh and know the amazing food Vietnam has to offer. My driver was soo friendly ( I think all of them were). Everyone listened and was interested with what you have to say It's just like eating out with your friends. I will definitel recommend this to everyone who plans to visit Vietnam. This has made my day and I loved that I was able to eat at the side street and discover delicious vietnamese food which I wouldnt have found out if i didnt join this tour. All the guides were warm and made me feel comfortable. We gave each other hugs when they dropped us of.. I really appreciate them taking us around. The price is worth it!

2 Thank Ciends06
Santiago, Chile
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome food and ride”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went on the early afternoon tour (the night one was full) and it was amazing! The tour started at the hotel pick up, I must admit that at first I was a bit worried about my driver she was a petit Vietnamese girl that probably weighed 50lbs less than me but turned out to be an awesome driver in the crazy Saigon traffic. I went on the tour with my boyfriend we each went on a bike with a driver and the owner Thuy was on another bike with a driver too. This a great way to try different food and a fun way to see the city.
We ate the most amazing food on the streets of Saigon, Thuy teaches you how to eat the different things and caters the tour according to your preferences (seafood, allergies, meats, etc..).

Visited October 2012