“Excellent Restaurant on Backpackers Lane” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cappuccino

Cappuccino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This is another restaurant owned by the same people who own the one located in De Tham street (already on TA).
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Restaurant on Backpackers Lane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

When uou plan to hang out along the back packers lane, pscyhe yoursekf to expect backpacker's type food and budget, or slightly better. cappuccino to us was by far the best. We came here for three nights out of the five nights we stayed in HCM. Tired of simple local dishes and we Dont consume beef or pork, this restaurant catered to our diet.

Menu - wide variety of dinner and drinks option I must confess I am not an expert in food although i do cook. The pizzas we had on the first visit were great! We had the Tuna and Anchovies Pizza and really yummy indeed. We had lamb racks, two different types and both were mouthwatering and we cleaned up our plates!

Drinks - hmmm...loved the magharitas and the happy hour offers. The happy hour doesnt end :) when they ran short of whisky, the waiter offered to run to their other restaurant few doors away to fix a drink for me.

Location - not too close to the noisy bars, just two doors away, but close enough to watch the activities. The boisterous crowd hangs out few doors away. So you can still have decent chats with friends and also watch the crowd.

Overall a great place. No shortcomings as i came prepared.

Price - i would have paid double the price back in Malaysia for the same level of restaurant. The two pizzas

• Visited October 2013

Bossier City, Louisiana
“Different in a nice way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Visited this place often while in Saigon. A unique menu to say the least. The sign out front offers Mexican, Italian and Vietnamese dishes. A rather odd combination I thought but decided to give it a try. Very friendly and family run business, good location in the "back packers" district of District 1.
So, the first time there I ordered the fettucini, pleasantly surprised at the taste and texture of the dish. Next visit ordered the Mexican..again I was pleased with my choice, so far so good. Next trip I ordered a peperoni pizza, while it was good, I must say that the choice of the cheese used on the pizza was just a little different than usual on any pizza I have ever eaten....not distasteful just a little different. All in all I would still recommend this restaurant. The prices are cheap, the beer is cold and cheap and the staff is very friendly.

• Visited October 2013
scotland
“Great wee place, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited almost every day whilst in Saigon, great friendly restaurant, family run, good service, good cheap food and great atmosphere. Would highly recommend it for apdajdapta, lunch or dinner. Don't expect a la carte dining, just good plentiful door to suit all tastes.

• Visited July 2013
Bolton, Canada
“Its in the backpacker area - come on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

quite simply put - its not 5 star - but the staff are friendly unless yer a complete tool - i mean they put up with me - the food its good but simple - yes you could cook better yourself probably on some of the dishes - but its cheap - and it was my breakfast spot for my vacation - the pho is nothing spectacular - the burgers were good, pasta why would you go to vietnam to eat pasta - generally the best italian is in district 1 near the duxton hotel - the orange juice is squeezed right behind the bar - its fresh i had a seed or two - the one on de tham is better - plus its a good place to sit and watch people

basically decent food - cheap price - decent service - and if you can muster up enough social skills to be friendly and have repeat visits the service improves

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Do not go here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have just been here and I am dissapointed to say although it was busy we thought we would try some of the food where there was locals eating.
We had veggie and meat spring rolls and there were meat spring rolls on the veggie plate. The meat ones also tasted fishy. We had bruschetta which I could have made better myself.
For mains we had tofu and veg noodles which were plain and greasy, and tofu with lemon grass which was very bland.
To drink we had a glass of sangria which has to be the worst sangria I have ever had-maybe we shouldnt have picked this!
Worst of all I did not feel well after!

• Visited May 2013