“Very good Indian food”

Baba's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 3,350 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saigon's favorite Indian restaurant!
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Very good Indian food”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I went here early one evening and the place was reasonable quiet. A good spot to sit and watch the street go rushing by.

I had Pepper Prawns and Chicken Masala and we were very impressed with the quality of the food. We have excellent Indian restuarants in Australia and this was equal, or better of those in terms of the taste of the food. Just beautiful. The service was attentive without being instrusive. We will 110% be going back again during our stay in HCMC.Good value for money as well.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
“Made Onam Great!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Onam may be a one-day celebration for Malayalee Community and near to them in Saigon, but the Taste of Onam sadhya spread out by Baba's Kitchen is lasting longer than that..Its taste still linger around..
The lunch was served on a banana leaf in the traditional Kerala style..Starting from the pickles, including sweet and tangy pickles made from lemon, mango and ginger, followed by the all-time favorite crispy banana chips—both sweet and salty and Kerala papadams.
This was followed by the Thoducurries (Minor Curries) — Kalan, Olan, Erisserri, Pachadi, Thoran and so on were served ..The volunteers who served filled my leaf by this time, by their over sized serving spoons…
I have to really make space in leaf for the Rice and sambhar, Wish I had a bigger leaf..Main Curries such as Sambar, Aviyal and Rasam were so true to the original, many can’t resist multiple helpings…
The payasams, Palada Pradhaman and Parippu Payasam tasted so good, I never tasted something as good!
I wish Baba's Kitchen organize this Keralite Vegetarian Sadhya often at their restaurant as a regular feature, I will be first to join that!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good food, excellent service!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

as a typical Indian soul-at-heart person, I had Indian food cravings only on the second day of my trip to Vietnam & chanced upon this restaurant as it is only a few doors away from the hotel I was staying at...& it did not disappoint. After my order of dhal palaak didn't come through, the staff offered to exchange the curry (had palak paneer instead), but still delivered dhal palak at no extra charge. I felt bad about wasting the food though, but the staffs offered to pack the leftovers for me- but as we were traveling out from the city I declined. I do hope that the food did not go to waste. the masala kul cha that I had with my palak paneer was yummy- all gooey and crispy and filled with goodies- all one wanted from a naan. the portions are big enough to share among two people, and each order comes with a selection of sides (chutney, pickled onions, a sweet sauce, and pickled mango) and desserts (a sweet porridge thing); at no extra charge. You'd also get a 5% discount if you fill in the review. Our first visit was so good that when we arrived again n Saigon for the last leg of our trio post-6-hours bus ride on only breakfast- we went straight to thus restaurant again and satisfied ourselves with Beriyani, both of us were able to finish a dish each this time as we were famished, but the flavour of the dishes were not discounted and the service was top notch as usual. The restaurant gets packed at night, but service is still good. Great to satisfy cravings for the Indian in you! :)

Visited September 2013
Brisbane
“Nice traditional Indian food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

A little bit expensive as are the other restaurants along this street. We ordered the lunch special menu for 1 and it was more than enough to share between 2 people. Delicious curries and Naan, would go back.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Best Indian grub in HCMC- very authentic indeed”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just like a curry house from back home. Really nice, good service, very authentic meals, a sheer joy to experience. Also, exceedingly good value even by HCMC standards. Would recommend to all who love a good curry.

Visited September 2013