“Solid vegetarian food, good value for money in a basic setting”
Review of Baba's Kitchen

Baba's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 3,459 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saigon's favorite Indian restaurant!
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Visited today for lunch with our family o young children.
All tables upstairs in the air conditioned room where taken so we had to settle in the ground floor. Where we had a good view of passing traffic.
Food was very good. We order only vegetarian. The flavor wa great. The service was very good with constant replenishment of cold water and cleaning of the table.
Meal for five total cost USD 25.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We went there in the afternoon, liked the food and service but the place is so small & in the bag packers area.
The owner certainly cares for the customers & including 1veg gravy 1dal 3 breads 2drinks the bill was about 18$ which was good but not for fine diners.
One more thing food is spicy here.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My curry was good and my South Indian Paratha (Indo-Malaysian style) was great; hot and flakey, not at all greasy. After two bites I ordered a second one right away. The second was just as good but not at all necessary because I was filled up by the time I finished the first one. I left with a spicy hot tingle in my mouth, an absolutely full belly, and a smile on my face. The service was friendly, the place was basic but clean, and the prices were fair. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This place is super and will work with the customer to make things perfect. The owner Robin is a super nice guy, and will fix any problems you have with your food or service, just ask for Robin, he is always in the restaurant. Try the Tandor Item's if you don't want a heavy curry. Also the Baba salad is very good and Fresh.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was suprised to see a few negative comments when I came to write my review.

We visited Babas twice in the last 4 days and plan to go back tomorrow.

The service is great You can't take a sip of water without it being topped up(Free) We are given a customer care card to fill in after the meal to give our feedback. So good customer care

Little dessert samples as you are finishing your meal, on the house. A nice touch. I rarely opt for dessert after an Indian meal, a little taster is a nice way to get an idea of what they do.

We have tried a few of their dishes. the Dahl was very good, Tandori chicken extremly tender and moist, Curries were authentic and breads freshly baked and very good. Chutney tray complimentary.

Price wise 100k vnd per head ( about £3.20 ) How can you argue with fresh food for that price? It's not like your on a stool on the side of the road. Same Price in the Vienamese restaurant , Thai and mexican on the same street!!!!?!!!!!!!!

I am confident that tomorrows meal will be no different.