“The ultimate pamper experience for two.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa Tropic

Spa Tropic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Five-star spa experience at affordable prices. Established since 2002, Spa Tropic is one of Ho Chi Minh City's most reputable boutique day spa, recognized in international travel publications such as Travel + Leisure and Lonely Planet. Housed in a refurbished villa of the former Chilean consulate, Spa Tropic's stylish interior reflects the art deco style of the Indochine period offering guests an opportunity to experience the flavor of old Saigon. The Spa's boutique facilities feature three private couple suites including a Tropical Garden Suite complete with private outdoor rain shower and steam hut, luxurious Hair Spa facility, and outdoor garden for post-treatment relaxation. Services include Spa Packages, massage therapy, facial treatments, hair spa, manicure/pedicure, and foot treatments.
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The ultimate pamper experience for two.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

On a recommendation from friends we selected the 3hr couples package at Spa Tropic and were not disappointed. It was a lovely way to relax prior to our flight home which included a steam room and shower, facial and massage. All were completed in the same area and together. Fantastic massage, great service, yummy tea and for a great value. Excellent travel experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CarleneLawler
spatropic, Owner at Spa Tropic, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear CarleneClarke,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with TA readers. On behalf of my team, we are all very pleased to know that you enjoyed your service at Spa Tropic.

As we cater mainly to international visitors, we understand the responsibility we have to provide excellent service and care for our guests because this too leaves an impression on the country and its people. So I'm especially pleased to know that we were able to contribute to your memorable holiday in Vietnam.

We look forward to welcoming you and / or friends on your next visit to HCMC.

• Korean first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best hot stone therapy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Did a lil research on TripAdvisor n decided to visit Spatropic w my family. They were happy to accommodate our request for room arrangements. The ambience is just about nice. Nothing too elaborate about their interior. But once my hot stone massage starts, all is forgotten. It is pure bliss. I didn't get the name of my masseuse but I did remind myself to tip her for her consistent strength througout. It was worth every dollar I paid. I visited Spa cat moc, also one day after. And left very very disappointed. I will write a seperate review later. But don't make the same mistake I did. Just rebook them ifuyou like it at spa tropic.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ahqin
spatropic, Owner at Spa Tropic, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Spa Tropic. It was a pleasure to host your family at the spa and we're glad to know that everyone was pleased with the service. Hot Stone Therapy (in our case we call it Warm Stone Therapy) is a more technically advanced type of massage. Our therapist are trained to adjust the stones at a comfortable temperature and to apply it with care on our guests. If done correctly, it can be an amazing experience which brings you to a deep state of relaxation. I'm happy to know that you were able to experience this blissful type of massage at Spa Tropic.

On behalf of my team, we thank you for choosing Spa Tropic and we look forward to welcoming your family back on your next visit to HCMC.

Cuenca, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had the best massage ever here. I am so sorry I never went back and now being in Bangkok, I can only dream about what the kind of energy that Foung put into her massage. The music and scents from the flowers basking in liquid below in private room was also a contributor to the type of massage that I experienced. It was like she was in a massage trance and put me in the same trance. Like a massage therapist on Qi Gong steroids. The only time I experienced such a massage was my first, in Amerstburg, Ontario but this one was better. I had over 500 to date. Foung is a young and very shy masseur but she packs a wallop when she lets her energy go. Wonderful! The only consolation I have is that I will return to Vietnam next year and hopefully she is still there.

Visited March 2013
spatropic, Owner at Spa Tropic, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello AJDaedone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your massage. All our therapists have been thoroughly trained and personally tested and reviewed by me to ensure that our guests are receiving the best care. We strive to maintain a consistent standard of quality though each therapists will have their own unique skill set and personal touch which contributes to a unique experience for each guests.

It is unfortunate that you did not have a chance to return again but we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to HCMC.

Warm regards,

Hong Kong, China
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Heavenly retreat from city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spa Tropic is easily the best spa in Ho Chi Minh. Buildings and facilities are exceptionally clean and tidy. Staff are always polite, gentle and professional. Staff were helpful with suggestions about treatment and organising taxi pickup. In terms of cost it was by far the best money for value. I visited Spa tropic 3 times in the 1 week I was in Ho Chi Minh. Each time with different staff and each time with same high quality of service. Wide variety of Treatments, with excellent shower facilities.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alan L
spatropic, Owner at Spa Tropic, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank so much for sharing your positive experience at Spa Tropic. I am very pleased to know that you have been satisfied with our level of service every time you've visited. Providing consistent quality service is a standard we strive to uphold and which I feel is important for establishing a good reputation and trust with our guests. On behalf of my team - thank you for visiting Spa Tropic and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Sydney
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Relaxing and luxurious experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

At the end of a long day trip, I made a last minute appointment for a full body massage as well as foot renewal treatment. I spent nearly 2.5 hours there, not leaving until 9pm, although they were supposed to close at 8pm. They were very kind to accommodate me.

The location is slightly removed from the centre of town, taking about 20 minutes by motorbike or taxi. The interior of the house is beautifully decorated - very understated and sophisticated. With gentle music playing, it was very relaxing. I was greeted with a refreshing lemongrass tea. The staff were all very professional and did their jobs very thoroughly. I was very satisfied and would definitely return if I come to Saigon again.

The menu and prices are listed on their website.

There is also a very atmospheric cafe next door with nice decor and old Vietnamese music over the speakers. Not much choice in food but have coffee, juices and beers. Worth checking out afterwards and relaxing even more.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank soujo
spatropic, Owner at Spa Tropic, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Spa Tropic. I am glad to hear of your satisfaction with our services. Our team always try to go the extra mile for our guests, even if it means staying open just a little longer, we don't mind. A happy guests makes it worthwhile! We look forward to seeing you again.