“All you need for a Peaceful Memorable Trip!”
Review of Hotel Nikko Saigon

Ranked #5 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed December 9, 2013

After an extended stay I moved to this hotel. After completing my business trip flew in my family to stay at this hotel as it came recommended.
The service is excellent and impeccable. Laundry services in all the Hotel's of Saigon, simply have unique smell on the laundry. Food is excellent all the way through from breakfast, lunch and Dinner. Room service is not bad as well wit the multi-cuisines selection. In-room cable is good with all channels you need from HBO/Star/Cinemax. My family enjoyed the lunch service and kids loved the kiddie burgers chef specially made for them.
Dinner was memorable especially with the family South east Asian cuisine, not only Vietnamese. So leave some space to enjoy the varieties.
They reception provides excellent guide to the whole city, with a ready map in hand. Try walking and enjoy the view before getting into a Vinasun(metered cab). You want to check out the markets and coffee shop nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank VS_Pillai
Hotel_Nikko_Saigon, Manager at Hotel Nikko Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very grateful that you took the time to post comments in tripadvisor. We are delighted to note that most of our facilities and services met your expectations.

We have enjoyed having you and appreciated your compliments about the hotel’s unique laundry service, in room cable channels, excellent food and memorable dinner.

We would love to have you back at Hotel Nikko Saigon where you can enjoy a very peaceful atmosphere amidst the bustling Ho Chi Minh City.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel is all about great service. The entire experience from entry to check-out is flawless and the staff are helpful and friendly. I stayed in the suite on the 23rd floor with an amazing view of the city and it's skyline. The room was sprawling and more than comfortable. The food at both breakfast as well as room service was great and felt authentic. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review in tripadvisor. It was very rewarding that you gave us a 7 star rating related to your recent stay. We will share to our team members your comments about great service, flawless check out, helpful and friendly staff, amazing view Suite room and authentic food.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great breakfast, great service, rooms were spacious and clean. We almost thought we were in Tokyo. The japanese restaurant downstairs was just so-so. The spa was being renovated when we had our massages so the women's lounge was closed and the men's lounge remained open. It was nice for my husband but not nice for me :-/

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Nikko_Saigon, Manager at Hotel Nikko Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very grateful that you took the time to post your comments on tripadvisor.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the overall service and facilities. We are delighted to read that we contributed in making your stay such a pleasant one.

It is a pity that you didn’t have chance to try our massage service at Ren Spa. However, we look forward to welcoming you back along with your family at Hotel Nikko Saigon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

A grand hotel in Ho Chi Minh with appearance, service , food and accommodation. External look is having competition with internal look, lobby is huge and luxury rooms are bigger than executive suit of a normal 5 star hotel. I can not rate it below excellence on any parameter of comfort. It is the best hotel I have every visited. If you are an Indian, You may have very less choice of Indian food. If you really want to go to eat good Indian food, go to "Tandoor", hardly 4-5 kilometers away.

Room Tip: Room on every floor are good. choose any...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with fellow travelers on tripadvisor.
It’s with great pleasure that you mentioned Hotel Nikko Saigon “A gem in Ho Chi Minh City”.

We appreciate your compliments about the hotel’s appearance, service, food and accommodation. Our guestrooms have a reputation of being the most spacious and comfortable for travelers.

Once again we are glad to learn that you consider Hotel Nikko Saigon the best hotel you’ve ever stayed and a place to stay on your next trip in Saigon’s dynamic city.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The rooms here are spacious and the entire property is extremely clean - almost sterile! For me that's where the positive experience ended. The following were my issues

1. Location. Others have noted this but this really is a problem. There are 6 daily shuttles to the centre but the last one leaves at 6pm. So, any night out requires a taxi each way. Besides, being restricted to a shuttle bus timetable hardly makes for a relaxed holiday experience
2. When I checked in (late at night) no double rooms were available. I was given a twin and advised that housekeeping would convert it to a double. 10 minutes later I got a call from reception saying the change would be done in the morning as housekeeping did not have any clean double bed clothes - hardly credible in a 5 star hotel!! Next day after daily cleaning room was still not converted. Asked reception again. Went out for the day. Came back - still not converted by 6pm. Called reception again and after a conversation with someone with poor english asked (again) for what I wanted. 5 minutes later a receptionist arrives at the door to do what I want. Entered the room and just pushed the beds together !! At this point, totally exasperated I said it was not what I wanted but I just gave up asking
3. Breakfast. Quite Asian focused - fine, it's Asia. What was not fine was the cleanliness. Morning 1 - seated by staff at a table with a used knife (butter stains), and coffee stained crockery. The stained crockery seems to be a real problem and possibly because of the type they use which has a strange grain design. Either way - cups & saucers had coffee stains every morning . Also, this is a 5 star property, and I was only walked to my table on one morning !
4. Pool area. The area only has about 20 loungers for a hotel with, maybe, 250 rooms. And they only furnish half of these with cushions . Additionally one afternoon I wanted one of the small white towels in addition to a large pool towel & I was quite abruptly told by the pool boy that I couldn't have one as they are for the gym only!! Seriously, in a 5* hotel, I couldn't have a second towel???
5. Housekeeping. One evening with the Do Not Disturb light switched on (I checked) I was disturbed twice by housekeeping. Once while sleeping and once while getting ready to shower! On my last morning , as I left my room for breakfast - again, with the DND light on, the staff member replenishing the mini bar stock happened to be outside my door and asks me as I was leaving the door if he could refresh the stock. I told him no. My point is I had the DND switched on and just because I happen to leave the room doesn't mean it's available for service
6. Staff. Staff have very patchy english including, surprisingly, at least 2 of the staff at the concierge staff and some of the reception staff- see comment 2. Also, i think due to limited english, i was not asked at check out whether i had a good stay - otherwise i would have said!! Perhaps my fault for not speaking Vietnamese, but this is a 5 star hotel

Based on other reviews it seems I may have been very unlucky but my stay was not good and I can think of very little to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank journeyman29

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your detailed and honest review that allows us to improve our service and be aware of areas which need improvements.

We appreciate that you highlighted our spacious rooms and clean property. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced beginning form check-in up to the housekeeping service. We have seriously addressed with the concern departments and corrective actions were undertaken to ensure these does not happen again in the future.

We sincerely hope that you can consider staying at Hotel Nikko Saigon again so we can demonstrate the service rectifications we have done.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our hearts sank as soon as we arrived in the reception area of this hotel. It was just too beige for
our tastes and all the chrome and overall feel and layout made us both think of an airport waiting area rather than a 5 star hotel. We'd previously stayed in hotels in Hanoi and Siem Reap and both of these were certainly more geared up for the tourist client. The hotel was also quite a distance from the centre where the shops and restaurants were to be found. Whilst walking around the centre we looked enviously at hotels which were much more in the thick of it so to speak. Saying that the room was spacious and the bathroom very stylish. I found it difficult however to flush the toilet, this was also a problem in the loo in the reception area, the flush just didn't cover the whole of the toilet bowl. We ate in the chinese restaurant on the first evening and I have to say that this was the worst meal of our trip. I had a chicken dish and my husband had duck but both dishes were more fat and skin than meat. Saying that the breakfast at the hotel was excellent and the internet connection was very fast and complimentary. To be fair, I just think this hotel is geared up for business clients rather than tourists like ourselves. We could not fault the staff who booked a table for us at a restaurant in the centre and were always on hand if we had any queries. Probably wouldn't stay here again and aim for somewhere more central if we returned to Saigon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karen h

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Nikko Saigon and for taking the time to write a review.

We appreciate recognizing our positive points from the buffet breakfast quality to high speed internet, spacious room and helpful staff. On the other hand, we are concerned to read that we did not meet your expectation entirely due to your feeling that our hotel caters only for business travelers. Please be advised that we do accommodate a huge percentage of leisure guests as well which normally comes from electronic booking channels. We regret to learn about your meal at our Chinese restaurant. Please do accept our sincere apology for this inconvenience. We have seriously addressed with our Executive Chef and correctives actions were made to ensure food quality is adhered at our Ming Court restaurant all the time.

We do hope you can consider coming back for us to have the opportunity to remedy the average impression created on your last visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three nights and found it pleasant. Good location and great amenities. We stayed on the club level. Pool and spa are terrific. The only downside was a chicken dish ordered from room service, it was basically chicken skin with little meat. The Pho Bo was delicious. ,

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David J

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel Nikko Saigon.

We have shared with our team members your compliments about our location, amenities, outdoor swimming pool and spa. On the other hand, we addressed with our Executive Chef the issue about the chicken food quality ordered from our room service. We do apologize if this did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your honest feedback and proper actions from our Kitchen Team were made for improvement.

We hope to see you again in the future.