“"A Juicy Stay!"”
Review of Hotel Nikko Saigon

Ranked #5 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were at Nikko Hotel last June 2012 for seven nights and the whole family loved the juice bar at breakfast time. The room was modern and exceed expectations. The staff were well trained? The kids loved the pool and the short walk next door to Now Zone- Kids' games place. We are pleased, excited and can't wait to be back in Nikko Hotel this June 2013 for another seven nights. Already booked.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,638)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Awesome hotel. We choose this hotel based on tripadvisor search and we were very happy with this option. Great location close to main attractions. Our room was at the 22 th floor with beautiful view of the city, room was very clean and modern. Spa on the fifth floor is at must visit, Jacuzzi has a spectacular view of the city. The welcome chocolates and flowers were a cute touch from the hotel. We defiantly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Nikko_Saigon, Manager at Hotel Nikko Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Nikko Saigon and trusting the reviews in Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your positive feedback such as great location, beautiful view of the city and Jacuzzi area made our team members more motivated.

Thank you once again for patronage and we certainly look forward to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Read great reviews on this Hotel on tripadvisor and booked for 2 nights. (26 & 27 Oct 2012)

When the taxi pulled over, I was greeted by a friendly doorman and when I entered the lobby, I was awed by the simplicity of the interior which was covered by earth color and the design was kept minimum. On my right was a lounge with cosy looking sofas and on my left was a long stair case leading to the 2nd floor.

Check-in was quite slow as there were 2 other families also checking-in but all was forgiven when the front desk staff told us that we were upgraded to a executive room for free. What a nice way to start our holiday in HCMC!

Since we were upgraded, we were whisked off by another staff to the 23 floor for check-in.
We were given a welcome drink and a wet towel to refresh ourselves. As a guest of the executive room, we enjoyed high tea in the early part of the afternoon and happy hours in the later part of the day.

The food variety of the tea time consisted of different flavored cakes, mini burgers and pastries.

Our room had an awesome view of HCMC with its ceiling high windows. The toilet was huge and the impressive part was the standalone bath tube which was big enough to fit in 2 people. Now for the best part, the toilet bowl was in another room concealed behind a door and the toilet seat has a remote control attached to it. How cool is it? The bed was huge and the pillow was even bigger than a normal sized pillow! The room was also huge, flanked by a study table and also a sofa.

I also had a chance to swim in the swimming pool, all alone as I came during the closing time and the staff was kind enough to grant me an additional 15 mins. After my swim, I was asked to go to the massage area to use the jacuzzi/steam bath which I happily did. Again, it was empty, thus it felt like my very own place. I went in to the steam room and then dip myself into the jacuzzi and relaxed.

The hotel is connected to a shopping mall where they have the usual eateries such as Coffee Bean and Fast foods. However the tourist attractions are not within walking distance, at least for me. Rest assured that these attractions are just a short taxi ride away and the door man will always get a taxi for you.

Overall, I had a very good stay at Hotel Nikko, It is always nice to stay in a luxury hotel but it is always nicer if the service is top notch which was what I experienced here. A big thank you to all your staffs for making my stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at Hotel Nikko Saigon and highlighting our services beginning with our friendly doorman, lobby design and the room upgrade to Executive Suite.

We are also delighted to hear that you love the swimming pool, massage area and facilities in the room. Our wash let wash let toilet is one feature most of our guests really enjoy. It’s rewarding for us to learn that we made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you for your support and would be very happy to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Nikko Saigon for 3 nights during my business trip to Vietnam. Hotel is located at end of District 1 and close to District 5. It is not in the city centre but hotel has a shuttle service to all city attractions. It is a very new hotel, all facilities are new and funky. I love the colour and organisation of this hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful, they do pay attention to details.

Room is big and bed is comfortable, free wifi also provided. TV channels are plenty. Bath tub is right in the middle of the room, shower and toilet are separated. Very contemporary design and functioning really well.

Breakfast is superb, with Vietnamese, Japanese and Western food. Staff at breakfast are outstanding, they are just very helpful. I also had a meal at the Chinese restaurant one night, It was great as well.

Health centre and Ren spa is good. But the gym is very small and facilities are pretty basic as well.

The only reason I did not give 5 star front desk staff, they are just so cold, very different with rest of the hotel service. Both check in and check out are quick and professional but I did not feel the same level of care from the rest of the hotel.

It was a wonderful stay at this hotel and will definitely come back again in the future.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Nikko_Saigon, Manager at Hotel Nikko Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments. It has been our joy accommodating you during your visit to Ho Chi Minh City.

We are encouraged by your insightful remarks on our friendly staff, comfortable room, superb breakfast and other hotel services you’ve highlighted. These inspiring comments were all shared with our team members.

Your unlikely experienced about our front desk associate’s way of interaction was seriously addressed by our Management Team. Customer’s service skills were reiterated to all front desk agents to ensure service process meets the expected 5 star standards.

Thank you for patronizing Hotel Nikko Saigon and we certainly look forward to be of service to you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just stayed 4 nights at the Nikko Saigon for business and was very happy with the experience. The club rooms were all nicely appointed and the overall decor could be best described as elegant modern . Breakfast both at the 2/f cafe and 23/f club lounge also good quality and scope (Western, Vietnamese, Japaneses, etc.). The only issues I encountered were location (slight out of the way on the edge of Dist. 1) and some housekeeping items that were rectified.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to convey our sincere gratitude for your positive comments on our services. It has also been our great pleasure serving you during your stay with us.

Your insightful remarks on our club room and elegant modern decor were very motivating. These inspiring comments were all shared with our team members.

Regarding the location, our shuttle service to and from Ho Chi Minh City Center is complimentary with 6 trips daily, available at the Concierge Desk for guests comfort and convenience.

Thank you once again for choosing Hotel Nikko Saigon and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

One thing you can be sure about choosing a Japanese themed hotel is that its going to be clean and sharp.

The hotel is on the outskirts of the city, and so we had to cab everywhere, but for less than US$5 a trip anywhere in Ho Chi Min city, that's a small price to pay for a beautiful 5 star hotel.

Rooms were spacious and luxurious. Lots of pillows, including 2 large ones - but I found them too soft to my liking. Bathrooms were spacious and see-through (though you could pull down a blind). Positive point was that you could see through the glass to watch TV while in the bath tub!

The hotel itself is linked to a higher end department store, which we used frequently, as the prices were fixed there.

Breakfast there was extensive and they also have an open air pool and bar on the 5th floor which was cool and breezy (Saigon is hot!).

Only negative point was that there was no line in the bathroom to hang wet bathers after going to the swimming pool.

Well recommended, and where I will stay, next time I am in Saigon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The best service I've ever seen and at a very reasonable price. Everything is very high standard and well organized. The style of the hotel is in my opinion very classy, modern but kind of dull at the same time, but it didn't bother me. It's just 10 minutes by taxi from the center, which is well worth it as I'm sure you won't get this price/quality over there. Can't recommend it enough.

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for your expression of appreciation on our products and services. It’s because of supportive guest like you that we achieved a fast growth over the year.

We do encourage our guests to avail of our complimentary shuttle bus service to and from Ho Chi Minh City Center with 6 trips daily for convenience.

Thank you once more for including Hotel Nikko Saigon in your destination of choice and we do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.