“Excellent food, service not so”
Review of Ganesh

Ganesh
Ranked #83 of 3,194 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Excellent food, service not so”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you enjoy Indian food you will certainly love the food here at Ganesh, however the cleanliness is questionable and the service not up to Vietnamese standards. However the Ganesh curry we had was sublime and a huge portion. Would we return? For the food yes, but certainly not for the ambiance.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
“Awesome food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, there is a 'Ganesh' in district 7 and one in district 1. We discovered that the hard way. It's irrelevant from the culinary perspective as they're run by the same guys. It just may involve a pricier cab ride!

Basically, this restaurant serves fabulous Indian food. The 'Ganesh Special' curry is one of the best curries I've ever had. The appetiser portions are sizeable so beware. I ended up bringing half of my main home and reheating it today as my 2 samosas were huge.
Aside that, it's a bit cramped, tired-looking and nothing special from the aesthetic perspective. The service is ok. We are from the UK and eat lots of curries. The service was standard Indian restaurant service however having spent some time in Vietnam, we had become used to such wonderful service. Perhaps I'm being harsh, therefore.

In summary, I'd happily go there again many, many times.

London, United Kingdom
“Grubby!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The food was average though I have no other Indian restaurant to compare this to in Vietnam. It seemed grubby to me - tablecloths etc were quite disgusting!

1 Thank HollyMac_abroad
Nuremberg, Germany
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was invited to this restaurant and after eating I was on "fire". Food was great and very spicy - but it was a great experience. Will be back and enjoy the food again :-)! Nevertheless you have to be cautious with the level of hotness of your dish. Service was also good. Try it!!!!

• Visited December 2012
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Fell in love with real Indian food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is one of the "safe" restaurants in the city in which you don't have to feel afraid to eat. We got here after a recommendation from our colleague who eats here regularly and, as he said, "have never had stomach issues after eating at this place". I loved their lamb curry with coconut and garlic bread with chilli. What you cannot miss here is their mango fresh juice. It's delicious!

• Visited December 2012