“A must do trip........”

Water Buffalo Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Started in 2009 as a fully licensed International tour operator, we have specialized on private & customized day tours in and around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Siem Reap. Also, we have run private and customized packaged-tours from one to five weeks throughout Vietnam and Cambodia. Based in Saigon, we are experts on Mekong Delta tours (one to four days), authentic Saigon day trip, day trip to Long Tan & Nui Dat, day trip to Can Gio Ecological & Biosphere Conservation, and half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels. Also, we have catered many cruise ship clients who landed at several coastal ports i.e. Nha Rong (Saigon) Phu Huu, Hiep Phuoc, Phu My, Interflour, Tien Sa, Chan May,and Cai Lan (Ha Long).
Reviewed February 20, 2014

After reading a lot of very positive reviews about this company I booked the one day Mekong Delta trip and the half day Cu Chi Tunnels trip for myself and my older parents.
On both of these trips we had the same guide, Jason. Well, what can I say, they did not let us down. The first trip to the Mekong Delta is a must if like us you are only in Saigon for a few days. It is advertised as a private tour and that is certainly what it is. Every place we visited, it was just the three of us and Jason. We saw temples, eat with local villagers, cruised across the Mekong, visited a local furniture maker, a local market, travelled along little subsidiary rivers of the Mekong and what was the highlight of the day, walking through the paddy fields. It was just how I imagined it to be. Breathtaking!
The second trip to the Cu Cui Tunnels was another great trip. The tunnel complex is amazing and it certainly gave me more of better insight into the Vietnam war and how ingenious the Vietnamese people were with what was available to them. The methods of survival and the way they lived is incredible and Jason's explanation of it all was fascinating.
This now brings me on to Jason, our guide. I have travelled this world extensively and I have never met a nicer and more knowledgable guide. His english is superb and his local and international knowledge led us into conversations about not just Vietnam but of other world events. He is easy going and adaptable. When my parents decided not to take the scooter ride through the paddy fields but just to walk. It was not a problem at all and Jason arranged for the vehicle to pick us up at the end of the walk. We found out that this travel company is quite new and I would throughly recommend them to anyone visiting Saigon. Khoi, Jason is a credit to your company and I look forward to booking many more trips with you in the future when I return to Saigon. Thank you for a great two days.

ONE TIP........walk through the paddy fields instead of the scooter ride. Its so peaceful and you can take it all in along with some wonderful photos......

1  Thank Robla1969

Reviewed February 19, 2014

With our guide Jason (who is well educated, great company and very fluent in English), we enjoyed two tours with water buffalo - at the Mekong delta and the cu chi tunnels. It was fantastic to not be on a package tour, and even though it costs more, what you get out of the days increases tenfold. Specifically, Jason made sure that we got the best vegetarian food on both days, and the meals were among the best we've had across Vietnam.

Could not recommend this company, as well as our guide Jason, more highly.

1  Thank krnyle
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We loved our Water Buffalo tour with our guide Than, which included pagodas, markets, explorations by boat and motor scooter, and a wonderful fresh seafood meal at a Tan Thanh beach restaurant. But the best was our homestay with Muoi No and his family. He is a brilliant, inventive cook, and we ate two of the best meals we've ever had, much prepared in front of us at the table. It was especially wonderful to eat this way away from a city, in a Mekong Delta home. (His wife let me try making some of the pancakes for one dish; my bumbling contrasted with her enormous skills.) The facilities (bed, bath, etc) are quite basic, and not for everyone, but worth it for us. We also loved our visit (reached by boat) of small businesses that made bricks and coconut candy, showing how people make productive use of every resource. The company is good at showing local life rather than tourist magnets, with some focus on ecotourism.

1  Thank zencello
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I am so glad that we found Waterbuffalo tours to provide our 3 day Mekong Delta tour. Two friends and myself had a few days to spend until we met up with the rest of our group in Saigon, so we decided to go out to the Delta and see what was there.

I contacted Khoi and he responded right away and was very helpful in planning how we would spend our time. He was very professional and I felt like the price was reasonable for what we were planning.

They were to pick us up at the airport in the morning and then bring us back to Saigon at noon on the third day after our excursion.

Our flight was delayed so I emailed Khoi from the airport and he fortunately responded right away. When we arrived 8 hours after we were supposed to, the guide - Ha - was there waiting for us! What a welcome sight. We were assured that they would continue to do whatever they could so that we could experience as much of the Mekong as we were able and not to worry about stopping at noon on our final day - they would extend our time for as long as we wanted that day.

Wow. Above and beyond service. It certainly wasn't their fault our flight was late, but they were going to do their best to make sure we enjoyed the time we had. Khoi and his team made us feel like we were important to them and that they were offering more than just a service for money. They actually cared about us having a good and meaningful experience. What a pleasure to deal with real honest people!

Our first morning in Can Tho we were up and out at 6 to see the floating markets and then after breakfast we spent the day driving, boating, taking the ferry and sightseeing as we made our way to Ben Tre. A long but really interesting day as we learnt how the people in that area lived and how their lives revolved around the river.

All three of us were in agreement that visiting the Mekong Delta was perhaps the best thing that we did in the south of Vietnam and we sure got lucky that we picked Waterbuffalo tours to go with. Our guide Ha had excellent English skills and was just a pleasure to be with. He made the experience so much fun and we learned so much from him. Hopefully we will get a chance to go to Vietnam again and I would definitely choose Waterbuffalo to tour with.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We contacted Khoi very late, just 6 days before arrival in HCMC with very little knowledge on what do and see and needed help to get our vacation memorable. Khoi answered every question very promptly and professional and he was able to give suggestions on a 4 day tour that absolutely took our breath with so many fantastic experiences that we never would have imagined. Well to be honest, Khoi did all the pre-planning and Quang (his brother) was the one that was our guide and the one who delivered all the memories that where so great!
We started off our 1st day very early with customized version of the “ SAIGON HIGHLIGHTS & CU CHI TUNNELS”.
Quang took us on a rickshaw ride in the chaotic morning traffic and after seeing all the highlights of Saigon we stopped for lunch at a fantastic restaurant (not the Pho Hoa, Quang fill in pls!). Second day started with the tour “Mekong Delta Cycling, Homestay & Floating Markets ”. Again we were overwhelmed with a continuous flow of experiences. Everything from bicycling in countryside at several occasions over these days, several boat trips on the magnificent Me Kong and its canals to the fantastic homestay. Thank you Quang & Khoi for sharing this very private and wonderful tour that have such lovely touch of your homeland.