“Excellent all round - lived up to all the previous reviews following recommendation by XO tours”

Water Buffalo Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Started in 2009 as a fully licensed International tour operator, we have specialized on private & customized day tours in and around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Siem Reap. Also, we have run private and customized packaged-tours from one to five weeks throughout Vietnam and Cambodia. Based in Saigon, we are experts on Mekong Delta tours (one to four days), authentic Saigon day trip, day trip to Long Tan & Nui Dat, day trip to Can Gio Ecological & Biosphere Conservation, and half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels. Also, we have catered many cruise ship clients who landed at several coastal ports i.e. Nha Rong (Saigon) Phu Huu, Hiep Phuoc, Phu My, Interflour, Tien Sa, Chan May,and Cai Lan (Ha Long).
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Due to advice from XO tours that my 72 year old mother's pending hip operation might make the moped food tour a bit difficult, XO recommended Water Buffalo as a reliable and trustworthy operator.

Khoi the MD responded within minutes to an enquiry sent on a Sunday about a tailored, accessible tour for the two of us on the following Saturday. We spent a fantastic 9 hours with Khoi himself and driver enjoying a "MEKONG LOCAL FOR A DAY" tour. Khoi was excellent in making sure my mother was okay every step of the way, while regaling us over the day with his own personal history both in and outside of Vietnam, really bringing some perspective to family life and the country's development over the past 40 years.

Highlights of the day were definitely the fantastic meal at Tan Thanh beach watching the clam diggers at work in the distance, feasting on local produce that Khoi bought fresh during our journey - particularly the "double-stewed" fish in claypot; and the boat ride through the swamps.

Highly recommended, memorable visit in mid November, avoiding the mass tour group experience, at a very reasonable rate.

1  Thank MartinHongKong_China

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My partner and I had the BEST experience on our recent trip to Vietnam. Our guide made it that more enjoyable, fun, relaxed and his knowledge was fantastic. I can highly recommend this tour company for sure. You will not be disappointed at all..

3  Thank DnG_17
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My best friend and I , having recently celebrated our 50th birthdays, decided on a trip around Vietnam and Cambodia and decided to arrange it through Water Buffalo Tours. From the start, email communication with the owner 'Khoi' was excellent and we soon had an itinery which included several locations, hotels, excursions, lunches and all transportation.
Having arrived at Ho Chi Minh city airport we were met by 'Ha' who stayed with us during all our days out in Vietnam which included the tunnels used by the Viet Cong, markets in the Mekong Delta unvisited by other tourists, bike rides around paddy fields, floating markets, conservation parks and much more. Having said goodbye to 'Ha' our journey to Cambodia via boat, collection, tours and hotel went very smoothly as we were met on our arrival at Phnom Penh and again at Siem Reap. Our tour guide in Siem Reap was 'Rith' who made our day of visiting temples very memorable. All hotels booked by 'Khoi' were of a high standard and the whole organisation was very professional and we always felt totally safe in their hands. I'm sure you could get this tour a bit cheaper but it is worth every penny and I highly recommend 'Water Buffalo Tours' Thanks for a great time !!!!

3  Thank toptrayder
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I don't have anything bad to say at all so I'll give you a list of everything that I thought was good:

- 1 x driver and 1 x tour guide
- off the beaten track
- comfortable transport
- character full guide who really personalised the experience
- mix of activity - cycling, cruising.
- delicious local food spots
- totally flexible

I loved it. I would highly recommend this company. I would definitely book with them again.

5  Thank Juliet r
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The most relaxing and well organised tour we participated in Vietnam. We had a great time with our guide who was not only fun but very informative too. We did a 2 day Mekong Delta tour from Ho Chi Minh to Can Tho, organised perfectly as a private tour according to our requests, as we wanted to catch a plane to Phu Quoc afterwards. We visited the floating markets where we had fresh pineapples and local breakfast, Biked in small villages to see rise fields and cut our own coconut from a tree. We had a nice sea food meal and visited locals in their houses for a meal. Transfers were made with a new comfortable mini van and a safe driver. If I knew I would have booked all the way from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh with this guides.

1  Thank Vasiliki S