“Loved it - highlight of the trip”

Water Buffalo Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Started in 2009 as a fully licensed International tour operator, we have specialized on private & customized day tours in and around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Siem Reap. Also, we have run private and customized packaged-tours from one to five weeks throughout Vietnam and Cambodia. Based in Saigon, we are experts on Mekong Delta tours (one to four days), authentic Saigon day trip, day trip to Long Tan & Nui Dat, day trip to Can Gio Ecological & Biosphere Conservation, and half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels. Also, we have catered many cruise ship clients who landed at several coastal ports i.e. Nha Rong (Saigon) Phu Huu, Hiep Phuoc, Phu My, Interflour, Tien Sa, Chan May,and Cai Lan (Ha Long).
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I don't have anything bad to say at all so I'll give you a list of everything that I thought was good:

- 1 x driver and 1 x tour guide
- off the beaten track
- comfortable transport
- character full guide who really personalised the experience
- mix of activity - cycling, cruising.
- delicious local food spots
- totally flexible

I loved it. I would highly recommend this company. I would definitely book with them again.

5  Thank Juliet r

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The most relaxing and well organised tour we participated in Vietnam. We had a great time with our guide who was not only fun but very informative too. We did a 2 day Mekong Delta tour from Ho Chi Minh to Can Tho, organised perfectly as a private tour according to our requests, as we wanted to catch a plane to Phu Quoc afterwards. We visited the floating markets where we had fresh pineapples and local breakfast, Biked in small villages to see rise fields and cut our own coconut from a tree. We had a nice sea food meal and visited locals in their houses for a meal. Transfers were made with a new comfortable mini van and a safe driver. If I knew I would have booked all the way from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh with this guides.

1  Thank Vasiliki S
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Can't say enough good things about our Mekong Delta/Cuchi Tunnel Tour. Khoi and his team were wonderful from the start to end. I'd say it is on the more expensive side, but you get every penny worth in experiences during your time with them and barely saw another tourist. I was skeptical about pre wiring money for payment and arranged to have the deposit picked up upon arrival to Ho Chi Minh. It's safe though - I promise you. We crammed in a lot during the two day but made good use of our short time and needing to see it all. Thanks Water Buffalo! Allison & Jonah

1  Thank ARHCambridge_MA
Reviewed November 12, 2013

For our first visit to Ho Chi Minh City we had limited time. We wanted to ensure that we had a memorable time seeing the locals unaffected by other tourists wherever possible. Water Buffalo Tours made this possible with the “Mekong Local For A Day” and the “Gastronomic delights of local cuisines & Real Saigon” tours. The tours over 2 days are thoughtfully planned and organised with an attention to detail and we were very well looked after by the driver and guide. Phuong, the guide was knowledgeable, with an excellent command of English and an infectious personality. She made the tours a delight
The Mekong Local trip covered a Cao Dai temple where we were the only visitors. The wonderful Can Duoc market, a furniture factory with an interesting twist and a most interesting insight into growing vegetables. We enjoyed the ride across rice fields and the sampan cruise through amazing river creeks. Lunch was a delight at Tan Thanh beach.
On our second tour, we were introduced to the local cuisine ato a range of eating places - the Du Mien coffee shop in Ho Bieu Chanh Street, the Hoa Pho restaurant in Pasteur Street and the Nha hang ngon restaurant. We would not have been able to discover these places on our own and able to cover them within a day. They were visits to the thought provoking War Remnants Museum, the Unification Hall, Notre Dame Cathederal and the Central Post Office. The climax to the day was a cyclo ride through the teaming streets – it was safe but an experience to remember!
The tours are a liitle on the expensive side but we have no regrets but many great memories of our 2 days in Ho Chi Minh City

4  Thank MombasaLondon
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Water Buffalo delivered exactly what they said they would. They took us off the beaten track (we didn't see a single other tour group during a 2 day tour), showing us the real Vietnam in a highly professional and well organised manner.

Our guide, Ha, speaks great English and was extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Every part of our tour ran like clockwork.

Yes, they're not the cheapest out there, but I feel that you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend them to anybody looking for a fantastic private tour company.

2  Thank Adam K