“Highly recommend, great service”

Water Buffalo Private Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 384 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: Started in 2009 as a fully licensed International Tour Operator, we have specialized on private & customized day tours in and around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Siem Reap. Also, we have run private and customized packaged-tours from one to five weeks throughout Vietnam and Cambodia Based in Saigon, we are experts on Mekong Delta tours(one to four days), authentic Saigon day trip, day trip to Long Tan & Nui Dat, day trip to Can Gio Ecological & Biosphere Conservation, and half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels Also, we have catered many cruise ships' clients who landed at several coastal ports i.e. Nha Rong (Saigon) Phu Huu, Hiep Phuoc, Phu My, Interflour, Tien Sa, Chan May,and Cai Lan (Ha Long),...
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Highly recommend, great service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We chose Water Buffalo after reading the reviews on TA. Khoi's communication via email was always very clear, he speaks English well & was a good travelling companion - he was great with our 2 kids. He's a born & bred native of the Mekong Delta & is passionate about this part of his country, & also has extensive knowledge of Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos. His personal story is quite something! Tell him what you want & he will put together an itinery which will surpass your expectations & he can also arrange your visas on arrival. Highly recommend - friends of ours have since booked based on our experience & also loved it!

Visited July 2012

• Thai first
NJ
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful day in the Mekong Delta for a real glimpse of life in Vietnam!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our one-day private tour to the Mekong Delta with Waterbuffalo Tours provided me with every thing I was looking for in a tour and exceeded my expectations! Prior to our trip, I was extremely impressed with the detailed tour description that Khoi provided me and the timeliness of his responses. Waterbuffalo Tours definitely delivered the off-the-beaten path experience and a glimpse of the locals daily life. We started our early morning tour with a fascinating market tour. Following the markets, highlights of our tour included a motorcycle ride through the rice paddy fields, private sampan cruise on the Upper Mekong Delta and a very local lunch of elephant fish and prawns at a remote restaurant in a lovely tropical setting. I will definitely remember this unique day.

Khoi, our guide, was extremely reliable and caring. Khoi spoke perfect English and we learned a lot about Vietnamese history and culture. We had a very tight schedule and had to be back at a specific time. Khoi, got us back exactly on schedule!

I would highly recommend Khoi and Waterbuffalo Tours if you are looking for a unique experience and a highly reliable guide. Kudos Khoi!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Susan11Nj
Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ci chi tunnels and acts of kindness”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had an outstanding tour with Ahn who is fun, knowledgeable and now a good friend. Long story short, at end of that day, I became ill and now back in states ready to have some major surgery. Anh referred me to a very nice private clinic near our Hotel, the diagnosis was a shock and we immediately made plans for emergency flight home. Anh called that evening to offer to take us to clinic and then next day also. Khoi called and came up to our room and expressed his concern and offered to help us to airport or anything he could do. We really like him and Any. Nice people. WE only hope that someday, health permiting, that we can return and take the Mekong delta tour which we had planned. It would be hard to imagine more honest, or genuinely nice people.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank robert f
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best way to see the Mekong Delta”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I chose this company after reading the good reviews here on the site. I can tell you that everything was real and charming and exactly as written. It was the most perfect day hiking in the area. Everything was going according to plan and schedule known in advance. The experience was truly exceptional. Planning the trip that brings the visitor into the lives of the locals is perfect. Khoi, the tour guide, speaks English fluently, very nice and sympathetic and stands behind every promise. He is definitely NO. 1. I was very exciting to be exposed to his personal story and to visit his home sites. Although the trip is not cheap, but guaranteed pure pleasure along all the way. I encourage everyone to walk with the Water Buffalo company.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Zafir C
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The perfect day tour”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I decided on Water Buffalo tours because of the fantastic feedback we read and because the itinerary was off the beaten track. It was perfect! Exactly what we wanted and I am glad we went with them. We did a private day tour of the Mekong Delta and our guide was fantastic! She spoke excellent English and really got us away from other tourists. We drove to a Cao Dai Temple and then went to a local food market. This was a real highlight because we became a bit of an attraction. No one spoke English but they really wanted to talk to you. It was great. I’m glad our guide was there to translate. The food was so fresh and I was lucky enough to eat some of the best tofu I have ever had in my life. It was so good I went back for seconds. After the excitement we drove to a local furniture factory, a local nursery and then did a beautiful bicycle ride in Tan Hoi. The scenery was fantastic and along the way we managed to say hello to lots of locals. After a quick game of billiards with a local kid we headed to the beach for a fantastic seafood lunch! The locals were very friendly and shouted me to a shot of rice wine before we headed to the Mekong where we enjoyed a fantastic river cruise. Once again we had our own boats so once you transfer to the smaller sampan and the greenery starts to envelope you there really is the feeling that no one else around. Exactly what we wanted. The day was fantastic and it really made you feel like a local for the day. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to avoid the busy tourist buses and get out to the local villages and experience something different.

Visited November 2012