“ci chi tunnels and acts of kindness”

Water Buffalo Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Started in 2009 as a fully licensed International tour operator, we have specialized on private & customized day tours in and around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Siem Reap. Also, we have run private and customized packaged-tours from one to five weeks throughout Vietnam and Cambodia. Based in Saigon, we are experts on Mekong Delta tours (one to four days), authentic Saigon day trip, day trip to Long Tan & Nui Dat, day trip to Can Gio Ecological & Biosphere Conservation, and half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels. Also, we have catered many cruise ship clients who landed at several coastal ports i.e. Nha Rong (Saigon) Phu Huu, Hiep Phuoc, Phu My, Interflour, Tien Sa, Chan May,and Cai Lan (Ha Long).
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had an outstanding tour with Ahn who is fun, knowledgeable and now a good friend. Long story short, at end of that day, I became ill and now back in states ready to have some major surgery. Anh referred me to a very nice private clinic near our Hotel, the diagnosis was a shock and we immediately made plans for emergency flight home. Anh called that evening to offer to take us to clinic and then next day also. Khoi called and came up to our room and expressed his concern and offered to help us to airport or anything he could do. We really like him and Any. Nice people. WE only hope that someday, health permiting, that we can return and take the Mekong delta tour which we had planned. It would be hard to imagine more honest, or genuinely nice people.

2  Thank robert f

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I chose this company after reading the good reviews here on the site. I can tell you that everything was real and charming and exactly as written. It was the most perfect day hiking in the area. Everything was going according to plan and schedule known in advance. The experience was truly exceptional. Planning the trip that brings the visitor into the lives of the locals is perfect. Khoi, the tour guide, speaks English fluently, very nice and sympathetic and stands behind every promise. He is definitely NO. 1. I was very exciting to be exposed to his personal story and to visit his home sites. Although the trip is not cheap, but guaranteed pure pleasure along all the way. I encourage everyone to walk with the Water Buffalo company.

4  Thank Zafir C
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I decided on Water Buffalo tours because of the fantastic feedback we read and because the itinerary was off the beaten track. It was perfect! Exactly what we wanted and I am glad we went with them. We did a private day tour of the Mekong Delta and our guide was fantastic! She spoke excellent English and really got us away from other tourists. We drove to a Cao Dai Temple and then went to a local food market. This was a real highlight because we became a bit of an attraction. No one spoke English but they really wanted to talk to you. It was great. I’m glad our guide was there to translate. The food was so fresh and I was lucky enough to eat some of the best tofu I have ever had in my life. It was so good I went back for seconds. After the excitement we drove to a local furniture factory, a local nursery and then did a beautiful bicycle ride in Tan Hoi. The scenery was fantastic and along the way we managed to say hello to lots of locals. After a quick game of billiards with a local kid we headed to the beach for a fantastic seafood lunch! The locals were very friendly and shouted me to a shot of rice wine before we headed to the Mekong where we enjoyed a fantastic river cruise. Once again we had our own boats so once you transfer to the smaller sampan and the greenery starts to envelope you there really is the feeling that no one else around. Exactly what we wanted. The day was fantastic and it really made you feel like a local for the day. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to avoid the busy tourist buses and get out to the local villages and experience something different.

4  Thank Jeremy D
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a fanstatic day with our guide Anh travelling to the Mekong Delta. The program for the day was well organised and we had a great range of amazing experiences. One of the highlights for us was spending time in the local market and choosing some fruit and vegetables that we then later had included in our amazing lunch.
All aspects of our day were interesting and included many new experiences for us. Anh was a very helpful and knowledgeable guide - she was also great company. She encouraged us to learn a little Vietnamese and use it in the interactions we had with people along the way.
We would highly recommend Water Buffalo tours....

1  Thank Fran_January_2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Touring the scenic Mekong Delta with Khoi Nguyen of Water Buffalo Tours was excellent. All nine of us learned a lot from those interesting places that Khoi brought us to. Khoi was not only a very professional, knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guide . He was also very thoughtful in his arrangement of the tour. Booking the tour by email was no problem and every activity of the tour went on smoothly.
We visited a friendly rural market , furniture factory and a nursery producing chillie and marigold plant seedlings. We were also taken on a motorbike ride through rice fields. These gave us the genuine experience into the locals’ daily lives. Along the way Khoi bought local fruits for us to try.
The boat cruise on a river, the sampan cruises to see Phong Dien and Cai Rang floating markets were fascinating. We also cruised through picturesque narrow waterways where we saw locals going about their daily lives amidst the peaceful countryside.
The seafood lunch at a beachfront restaurant was unforgettable. No hesitation in recommending the excellent services of Khoi and his team to anybody who wants to see the authentic Mekong Delta way of life.

2  Thank ypl05