“Did I go to the same restaurant as the other reviewers?”
Review of Restaurant 13

Restaurant 13
Ranked #511 of 3,404 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I cannot believe the reviews for this restaurant. I was taken there by a Vietnamese person as he regarded this place as 1 of the most authentic Vietnamese in town, but then when he ordered a tuna salad (?) I really became very concerned. It is nicely situated on the river (filthy brown) with an open aspect, very simply furnished with plastic tablecloths and unfortunately dirty cutlery and plates. Because of this, I decided to only order 2 dishes, 1 was a chicken curry and the other was noodles with vegetables. Both were inedible. The curry was very stringy undercooked chicken and it was absolutely swimming in a sea of cheap oil, and the noodles and veggies were exactly the same. It took 25 minutes to come on a very quiet lunchtime so we just paid the bill and left. Someone please tell me is this the same restaurant in District 2 that has so many great reviews? If so, I'm gonna start writing reviews for Pizza Hut.

1  Thank madfish8
There are newer reviews for Restaurant 13

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The interior of the restaurant is straight and rather dull, a bit a canteen. It wasn’t a succes the evening we went. Several tables were occupied but that was the personnel, sitting around to give the impression that the restaurant was not empty: what it was. The only man working –and serving us- was a grumpy Chinese man. We had springrolls, green beans with beef and pork in a claypot. A rather average meal. 13 was not our lucky number.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We went there with a group of 7 people. The food ordered was very nice and very reasonably priced. The furniture is not to be looked at but the river view os spectacular. The restaurant has its own parking facilities. A really recommendable restaurant in HCM City.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We decided to eat at Restaurant 13 as it was very near to our hotel and we were tired after our journey. It was also recommended in our guide book. The restaurant is clean although nothing special to look at. It proved to be a very good decision. The food was excellent at a very reasonable price and the service was good too. Would certainly eat there again.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

After reading the good things and looking at photos of Restaurant 13 by the river, I had to go. After arriving in Saigon I did a quick Google search and wrote down the address for my taxi driver. Well he took me to a restaurant with the correct name and address but not by the river. Oops, my bad. I was determined and went back to my hotel to do better research. It turned out that the ride was to a district across the river from my hotel. Thus determined, my taxi driver found the new address and the adventure was worth it. The location in district 2 is in fact down an alley in a very upscale neighborhood. Their prices were not in keeping with its local and caused me an issue. I ordered too much! My shrimp salad could have fed two. My beef entree was tender and very flavorful. There were some families there with children who were a bit spoiled as well as some upscale diners who brought their own wine. The family next to me counted 10 geckos on the wall and ceiling. Authentic! I will be back.