“Not our lucky number”

Dining options: Reservations
Antwerp, Belgium
“Not our lucky number”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The interior of the restaurant is straight and rather dull, a bit a canteen. It wasn’t a succes the evening we went. Several tables were occupied but that was the personnel, sitting around to give the impression that the restaurant was not empty: what it was. The only man working –and serving us- was a grumpy Chinese man. We had springrolls, green beans with beef and pork in a claypot. A rather average meal. 13 was not our lucky number.

• Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Authentic good vietnamese food”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We went there with a group of 7 people. The food ordered was very nice and very reasonably priced. The furniture is not to be looked at but the river view os spectacular. The restaurant has its own parking facilities. A really recommendable restaurant in HCM City.

• Visited April 2012
Billingham, United Kingdom
“Good food at a good price.”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We decided to eat at Restaurant 13 as it was very near to our hotel and we were tired after our journey. It was also recommended in our guide book. The restaurant is clean although nothing special to look at. It proved to be a very good decision. The food was excellent at a very reasonable price and the service was good too. Would certainly eat there again.

• Visited March 2012
Merrimac, Wisconsin
“Ther are two Restaurant 13s in Saigon”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

After reading the good things and looking at photos of Restaurant 13 by the river, I had to go. After arriving in Saigon I did a quick Google search and wrote down the address for my taxi driver. Well he took me to a restaurant with the correct name and address but not by the river. Oops, my bad. I was determined and went back to my hotel to do better research. It turned out that the ride was to a district across the river from my hotel. Thus determined, my taxi driver found the new address and the adventure was worth it. The location in district 2 is in fact down an alley in a very upscale neighborhood. Their prices were not in keeping with its local and caused me an issue. I ordered too much! My shrimp salad could have fed two. My beef entree was tender and very flavorful. There were some families there with children who were a bit spoiled as well as some upscale diners who brought their own wine. The family next to me counted 10 geckos on the wall and ceiling. Authentic! I will be back.

• Visited February 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such great flavour in such simple cheap dishes”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Ate here after a huge day walking around the city and it certainly satisfied. We ordered the lemongrass chicken and ginger chicken. There was such flavour packed into those two dishes my mouth waters just thinking about it (I've had similar dishes since in other restaurants and none have compared). The meat was tender and there was none of that glutenous starchy cornflour sauce drowning the dish that I can't stand. Service was good, the toilet was clean enough and it was reasonably priced for what you got. Serving sizes weren't huge but they were enough, and probably what most serving sizes should be.

Would love the opportunity to eat here again.

• Visited May 2011