“Good food at a good price.”
Review of Restaurant 13

Restaurant 13
Ranked #590 of 3,578 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We decided to eat at Restaurant 13 as it was very near to our hotel and we were tired after our journey. It was also recommended in our guide book. The restaurant is clean although nothing special to look at. It proved to be a very good decision. The food was excellent at a very reasonable price and the service was good too. Would certainly eat there again.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

After reading the good things and looking at photos of Restaurant 13 by the river, I had to go. After arriving in Saigon I did a quick Google search and wrote down the address for my taxi driver. Well he took me to a restaurant with the correct name and address but not by the river. Oops, my bad. I was determined and went back to my hotel to do better research. It turned out that the ride was to a district across the river from my hotel. Thus determined, my taxi driver found the new address and the adventure was worth it. The location in district 2 is in fact down an alley in a very upscale neighborhood. Their prices were not in keeping with its local and caused me an issue. I ordered too much! My shrimp salad could have fed two. My beef entree was tender and very flavorful. There were some families there with children who were a bit spoiled as well as some upscale diners who brought their own wine. The family next to me counted 10 geckos on the wall and ceiling. Authentic! I will be back.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Ate here after a huge day walking around the city and it certainly satisfied. We ordered the lemongrass chicken and ginger chicken. There was such flavour packed into those two dishes my mouth waters just thinking about it (I've had similar dishes since in other restaurants and none have compared). The meat was tender and there was none of that glutenous starchy cornflour sauce drowning the dish that I can't stand. Service was good, the toilet was clean enough and it was reasonably priced for what you got. Serving sizes weren't huge but they were enough, and probably what most serving sizes should be.

Would love the opportunity to eat here again.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We had dinner here because our guide book talked it up pretty highly. We thought it was fine but a little overrated. The food didn't really seem very specifically Vietnamese and was more like good Chinese takeout in the US. Nothing wrong with that but that wasn't really what we were looking for. But the service was friendly and they seemed happy to have us there. We liked the shrimp spring rolls. The shrimp in tamarind sauce was tasty but overcooked.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

The food was delicious in this local and small restaurant. It was clean and we were the only foreigners so that added to the atmosphere. A good place to go for a tasty and authentic meal.