“Wonderful hot waxing”

YKC Beauty Spa & Hair Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: YKC's creed is simple: provide service that touches the heart. Exceptional service and customer satisfaction for over a decade has firmly established YKC as the premier spa in HCMC. Guest can choose a pampering experience from a complete range of professional services. YKC is family owned and operated Since 1996.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Today is the first time , I went to YKC Beauty Spa. I did a waxing Brazilian with Ms Cẩm . The result look beautiful. She is professional. She did things gently, carefully. Even, she did more than you ask. Excellent !The behavior of staff is very good. It's lucky to have a such good service like that in Ho Chi Minh city.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was at YKC last Sunday to get my highlights done. I described the golden highlights I wanted, felt that Ky (the owner/stylist) and I were on the same page. I was excited to begin!

My hair turned out strawberry blonde, with some serious copper/orange undertones. I told Ky at the time that I wasn't thrilled, and that this isn't the color I had in mind. He responded by telling me he did exactly what I asked, and that he did his job perfectly. It was a fairly uncomfortable situation. Here I am telling my hairdresser I am not thrilled, and he is telling me that no, it looks fine. What is a person to do? Argue? We agreed that I would try it out for a few days, and come back this coming weekend, if I was still unhappy.

Flash to today (Thursday). I still don't like my new orange hair. I call Ky, and tell him I am not happy, and would like to have the color touched up. Either a toner, lowlights, whatever. Anything to get rid of the tangerine glow. Ky was beyond rude to me. He told me that he did exactly what I had asked, but if I wanted, I could come in for a new service (read: pay full price again). I explained to him that it wouldn't be a new service, but simply correcting last week's service.

At this point, Ky starts to really argue with me. He tells me he did exactly his job, and that I am in the wrong. He would not fix something when he hadn't made a mistake. He starts to get extremely defensive, telling me the color is fine, and that there is nothing to fix. Awkward. This is when I start to get upset. I'm the customer, it's my hair, and I look like a light bulb. Trust, it needs fixing.

I've gotten highlights for years, both in California and here in Vietnam. Sometimes color turns out funky. That's ok! It happens! What I am so upset about, is the rude, disrespectful, and difficult nature of the owner/stylist. I shouldn't have to argue with my stylist, about why I am not thrilled with my color. He should just try to fix it. He should want happy customers! He shouldn't want a Carrot Top look alike walking around telling people she got her hair done at his salon!

In sum, Ky the owner is extremely rude, and isn't bothered about ensuring his customer's happiness. In his mind, he is infallible. I told him I was unhappy on Sunday, and tried again to tell him today. Both times he shut me down, and told me his work was flawless. If he thinks he is right, then he is right, and nothing will be done to make sure you're pleased with the visit.

9  Thank ElizabethCM
KyTheGuy, Manager at YKC Beauty Spa & Hair Studio, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Let me correct you on a few of your lies...

1 - the result was not a strawberry blonde, wasn't copper or orange at all, please don't lie.
2 - I did exactly what you ask for, but when it didn't turn out the way you thought it would turn out, and realize that you might have to pay more, then you became very upset and agreesive.
3 - we did not agree that you would try it out for a few days. You say you might come back for some lowlights, and I told you that I would be happy to do it as another service.
4 - at first i was thinking of giving you a discount if you return, but before I could tell you anything, you became extremely rude and agreesive.

If you come on TripAdvisor and spend 10 to 20 minutes writing a review like this, the least you could do is to share the truth to all TripAdvisor members, not lies.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

All I can say is wow!! I was very hesitant getting my hair done anywhere else but back in Australia, but I needed to have my blonde highlights redone. From the moment I entered the salon I knew I was in good hands. From the ladies out the front with lovely customer service to Ky who speaks perfect English and listened to exactly what I wanted, to the lady who washed my hair it was a top quality experience. The blonde highlights I had were better than when I have it done In Australia with a good price! If you are a blonde or looking to get your hair done, I would highly recommend YKC Spa for hair or a massage (my boyfriend had the massage and said it was amazing)
Thank you! Very happy!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

After having ALL my hair products refused by customs, I was delighted to come across YKC after my 2nd week in VN and just in time too as my blonde hair was becoming very golden! I was so happy to find YKC had the purple shampoo my hair was desperately needing & this was the only place in Vietnam I had seen purple shampoo! Plus all products were known and trusted international brands. I had a hair wash and blow dry by Cathy and the result was AMAZING!! The atmosphere was very high class & professional and I was reassured by the fluent english spoken by staff. The prices are very justified given the excellent service and quality treatment :)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I found YKC Salon on Trip Advisor and booked a haircut for myself and a massage for my husband. The staff was very friendly the salon had a very nice LNF (look and feel). My husband enjoyed his massage very much. My haircut was okay. It was not fantastic. I was hoping for something a little more youthful and funky, but it was just a pretty standard haircut and it did not grow out very well. I cannot fault this salon, but I cannot rave about it either.

2  Thank JMS50