“Clean, modern and in the heart of downtown HCMC”

Graceful Saigon Hotel
Ranked #128 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reading
“Clean, modern and in the heart of downtown HCMC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

One of the standout hotels in this area of HCMC. Really clean, everything worked and the service was friendly and helpful. We actually returned to this hotle a 2nd time which is perhaps the best compliment I can give it.
A couple of words of warning - if you get a room to the front of the hotel it can be quite noisey until around 1am - not usually a problem but we were cream crackered after flying in that day.
when you book I would advice you do so via a website. we tried to book directly, thought we had a room agreed, and then found on arrival that they had already filled the room despite thenm sending me a written agreement previoulsy. Still the hotel is really nice and well worth staying in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed here our first night in HCM City. Nice staff, good english and free breakfast. Clean room with a/c and a safe. We booked our tours and busses through them and payed a few dollars more then going to the depots.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Friendly staff, room was decent. Big frowels and little frowels provided. Lots of stairs. Free breakfast (although myself and my companion ordered different breakfasts and were served the same thing -all roads lead to omelette). Good location. Not too noisy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Fez F
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

We are a group of 4 who stayed in this hostel for 5 days.. I never thought that this hostel would give us an excellent service!

During our stay, we drink along the Bui Vien street and get back to hostel by 2 in the morning.. We thought that the hostel has closed the main door but when you pressed the door bell, a security person ( I guess ) will wake up in the midst of his sleep just to open the door to get us in.

The best thing that this hostel have done to us is that...

>> We checked out by 12 noon and our flight is scheduled by 11PM so we left our baggage at the receptionist since we have an arrangement with the hostel that they will bring us to the airport. The transfer from hostel to airport is scheduled by 8PM and the car fetched us by exactly 8PM and dropped us in the airport by 8:30.

Upon checking and counting our baggage, there is something missing and its the souvenir, 2 Vietnamese hats.. I called the Saigon hostel and raised this thing. And no doubt, they brought it back to the airport in no time and without charging any amount!

I highly recommend this hostel to those who were planning to go to Vietnam.. Very reasonable price and excellent service!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank FilipinoTraveler827
Southampton, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I picked Saigon Hotel based on the reviews I saw here on tripadvisor and it is the first time I have every been steered wrong. I am in complete disagreement with other reviewers here. I couldn't stay more than one night because it was the worst night's sleep I've had in two weeks of travel in Vietnam. The room was not clean, there was no top sheet on the bed, there were ants everywhere and other creepy crawly things in the bathroom, the staff's English was terrible except for being told how many towels should still be in the room when I check out!, the reception area smelled bad, and in comparison with other hostels in the area, it was overpriced.

Be advised, there is no lift/elevator and the $20 rooms are 4 or 5 flights up. $25 gets you something on a lower floor but on the street where the walls do not hold back the sounds of the street. Wi-fi was unstable. Coffee at breakfast was cold. I'm only giving it a 2 instead of a 1 because the scrambled eggs and bread were very good and there was a kettle for hot water, a/c and tv in the room that worked.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank 1earthgirl
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My partner and I spent 3 nights in this property. We were recommended by friends we met in Mui ne beach. We paid US$23 for our standard room with breakfast and we were not disappointed. The room was very nice with all things you need on travel, safe box, LCD, wireless and all are very new. The room was superb clean. We like the staff at the hotel. They were very kind and helpful. We can easily find all the shops, restaurant and tour operators just nearby the hotel ... It was a great stay. We will come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank HeidiUn
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Saigon hostel on my second trip to Hochiminh city. Last year, I stayed at Madam Cuc hotel. My room was on the 2nd floor which gave good view on a vey busy street, the room was spotless and very nice with fee PC, wifi, flat screen TV. The hotel location is perfect to major tourist sites. All staff were friendly and helpful. They could not do harder to please us at all times. I definitely stay here again with more friends. Thanks for a nice stay !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends