“Just average!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Just average!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Went there on Wed night. It wasn't pack when we get there but soon it started to fill up. You see more locals then tourist but the food wasn't that great. Some waitress was friendly, some wasn't. Negative point - we (with young children) were seated next to a table of heavy smoker patrons when there are plenty of tables available away from the smoker. Overall, it's an average experience for us.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic seafood”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We enjoyed the food here so much, that we came back to sample more. One of the great things about Hong Hai is how popular it is! It is a large restaurant on three floors and both times we ate here it was full to overflowing and not another foreigner in sight. There is a great atmosphere with tables full of small and large family groups enjoying delicious food.

We had a selection of beautifully cooked seafood, superb clams, oysters, crabs, prawns, scallops and more, some served in great sauces and all well presented with care and attention.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the service is speedy, even when they are so busy.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Travellers-K
Huntington Beach, California
“Simply Overwhelming Experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

All I can say is what I tell my friends, to try to explain the full experience I had at Hong Hai restaurant, near Duc Ba Church in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.

From the street it looks like your approaching a nice hotel, with the trees all lit up and red carpet entrance.

As you walk in you see the small pond with fish and you can see a wall of fish tanks in the back right side. (so you can pick out certain live fish, crabs, and more) Your greeted by the welcoming staff and then you start to look up and notice there are 3 stories and private rooms on certain floors.

I was overwhelmed looking all around just trying to "soak it all up".

Looking at the menu it was easy as a English speaking foreigner to see each dish and their description.

But since I was visiting I asked the waitress what I should try, she recommend the grilled oysters soft shell crab and the sautéed crab along with some house special seafood fried rice.

Food was great, drink were good, and the atmosphere was simply amazing.

I don't get to travel o Vietnam much but rest assured I will always find time to eat at Hong Hai when I do.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Niel4
Hong Kong
“price and atmosphere were great”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

had chilli crab, steamed shrimps, scallop and baked oyster with cheese and a dish of fried rice, all so yummy and it was a big restaurant , so it was good for beer and a group of travellers to go. end up we 2 spent 25 USD per head. worth a go and 10 minutes taxi from city center.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Joe L
Hong Kong
“Good seafood with reasonable price”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If someone looking for delicous food with reasonable price-must try this one although the waitree is very cool. I still love this one.

• Visited December 2012