“Delightful food and staff”
Review of Ngoc Tho

Ngoc Tho
Ranked #578 of 3,361 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Dining options: Late Night
Description: District 1, Backpackers' Area
Melbourne, Australia
“Delightful food and staff”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visited Ngoc Tho several times during my stay in Saigon and loved the atmosphere - as well as the beautifully presented vegetarian food. Fresh and delicious - my favourite nacho experience. As a solo traveller, I felt very comfortable dining here. Lovely, friendly girls who are happy to serve you and have a chat.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank atsis

• Vietnamese first
Bendigo, Australia
“Favorite Restaurant In Saigon!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was easily my fav place to eat while I was in Ho Chi Minh city. I would have eaten there breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could have, and I'm not even a vegetarian!

The girls who served us were sweetest and gave us valuable advice (we were new to the country) and told us about where they were from, and loved to hear about Australia (our home country).

The food was delicious, the venue unpretentious, the atmosphere so chilled out.
What I liked was that they didn't attempt to make their vegetarian meals look like meat, like a few other "Vegetarian" restaurants. I mean, what vegetarian wants to eat tofu that looks way too much like uncooked bacon?!

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank Hollytravelstheworld
Gypsy Traveller
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were seated at the restaurant across from Ngoc Tho and after waiting 10mins we still hadn't been given a menu or any acknowlegment. We were hungry and decided to take 3 paces across the road and try Ngoc Tho. We were happily greeted, seated and attended to immediately!

We were pleasantly surprised with both a full vegetarian menu and non vegetarian menu. The Chicken Fajita's were one of the best I've had and the Tofu with Tomato Sauce is superb. The meals are decent sized, very resonably priced and served with a smile.

We are in Ho Chi Minh for a month and have dined for lunch and dinner regularly since our first visit.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank Zane G
San Leandro, California
“Great food, service, and pricing!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This vegetarian restaurant was recommended to us by our guest house (Thanh Thuong Guesthouse) and we loved it. We ate there two of the four nights we were in the city and wish we'd have gone again! It was that good. The people even remembered us the second time we came in. The food was great. The staff is friendly and prompt. This is a great value.

• Visited January 2012
8 Thank Cherie T
traveller
“a place for veggies!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

unfortunately we spotted this restaurant at the last evening of our visit of HCMC.

The food is good, even we took some western food (maccaroni).

The vegetarian menu (there is a separate one!) took several minutes to study - tremendous opportunities in every color! Only the portions are not that much so you have probably to take a appertizer or similar.

The staff is very friendly and we really enjoined our stay.

High recommendation!