“mekong delta”

$90.00*
MEKONG DELTA: CAIBE and VINH LONG with Private MEKONG QUEEN CRUISE
$132.00*
and up
Mekong Delta Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City: My Tho and Ben Tre with Mango...
Almeria, Spain
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“mekong delta”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A bad start to the tour when we were asked to pay for the trip when we went for our tickets, we paid our guide at the start off he said that we had paid for everything it was all included in his price. A very embarressing moment because we never take a lot of money with us touring around , mainly for eats and drinks. All this spoiled our day , we went on the tour of the island and were taken on a horse and cart ride , totally unneccessary in my view , the horse was poorly looked after. then on the boat to another part of the island ,more walking seeing very little. On to a litle boat on the river . Very precarious passing lorts of other boats along the narrow canalway, quite unnerving, I gripped on to the sides all the way!!. No floating market as promised, plenty of people wanting money at different places. Not what I expected at all and wouldnt recommend going if you are unsteady on your feet as there was a lot of climbing in and out of boats and walking on uneven ground I was glad to get back . We had a two and half hour journey to get there and back , not worth the trouble.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank shirleyc86

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
gold coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“mekong delta 2 day tour with SinhTourist”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

on our last vist to HCM city my wife and I booked a 2 day tour with SinhTourist (make sure you get the right one)
The trip cost $62 for 2 people and had to be the best bargain in Asia. We met at SinhTourist office and were taken by bus to various interesting places. We had a fantastic lunch and stayed at a 5-star (yes, 5-star) hotel in Can Tho and had a fantastic buffet dinner.(the hotel is only 9 months old and was super deluxe) The next morning we had buffet breakfast before departing for the floating market, which was a bit of a disappointment, some other attractions and then back to the hotel for lunch, that was at our cost, but very good and ridicously cheap. After lunch back to HCM city where we arrived about 5.30pm.
Most of the attractions were quite interesting, some a bit boring, but the stay at the hotel with buffet dinner and breakfast alone was a very nice break of slumming it.
english-speaking guide was ok and explained quite a bit.
All in all a worthwile ,interesting trip with some luxury thrown in.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank GoldCoastBatik
South Wales
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Don't book a 1 day trip to the Mekong Delta from one of the many, many tourist information places to be found in Saigon. We did and it was a huge disappointment and nothing like the description we were given before booking. The only positive side was that it was cheap - yes, you really do get what you pay for.
"Travel through fascinating countryside littered with rice paddies". Travel along potholed dirt tracks littered with litter and endless, endless tin huts engaged in all sorts of engineering activities.
The boat we "sailed" on was a frightening experience in itself. Listing badly to the starboard side none of the bench type seats were permanently fixed to the boat. Not a life jacket in sight!
Landing (or rather crash landing) on one of the 4 islands we visited we were then subjected to a canoe trip along one of the canals. I was seated at the back (4 in a boat with an oarsman perched at the front and back) and for almost the entire white knuckle ride while I struggled desperately to keep my balance in this ridiculously low to the water thing with my knees in my throat the bloke with a paddle kneeling behind me kept tapping my shoulder saying "tip me, tip me".
Never again!!

Visited October 2012
4 Thank koasters
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“2 Days tour”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

All it is a big yellow river. Nothing to it. It doesn't matter one or two days tour, athough it is not expensive, but It is waste of time and money. The itinerary sounds good, but it was a fool. They take you to the village to support their people, sell you goods. and they price was 3 times more than in Saigon. You were trap, because it was the only place that you can get snack or beverage.

They also took you to the restaurant that the food was lousy and the price is double than other place.

3-5 hours on the old bus driving on bumpy road with 2 stop for bathroom. They don't stop for visiting attraction areas.

Floating market of Cai Rang was a joke. Take your money to Thailand instead.

If you are already in Vietnam, spend it at the bar, chill and relax. If you haven't gone, take your money to somewhere else.

I have took few tour while I was in Vietnam, but none was impressed me.

It is unorganized tours. I took different tour company since I had bad experience with the first one. I found out that hey all the same. These people never have gone out of their country. They have no idea about tourism business. They are here to take your money. Nothing else.

Tour guide were unprofessional. Use Vietnamese profanity. Talked behind tourist's back in Vietnamese. Loud Vietnamese music in the bus. Very inconsiderate.

People are not friendly.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I booked an overnight trip which included 2 lunches & one breakfast ----cost $27.
The bus picked us up outside the travel agent at 8.00 am.
We stopped after 2 hours to visit a lacquer factory manned by disabled workers [very good].
On to a canoe trip up a narrow waterway flanked on either side by thick bamboo forest. If you like queuing up with over 200 other tourists,being herded like cattle onto a canoe & then strike a traffic jam you will enjoy the trip.
We continued to our hotel in Can Tho----very basic---but hey its only one night & for the cost no problems.
We were informed to be ready to leave after breakfast at 7.30 am to walk down to the river where we would board a boat to travel to the floating markets.This was to be the pinnacle of the trip
After leaving at 8.00am we eventually reached the floating markets at approx 9.00am.This was a major disappointment.The markets were almost completely finished with one or two boats still operating.This view was expressed by my fellow travellers as well. I have no doubt we would willingly have paid more to ensure that we would see the floating markets as they were meant to be seen-----even getting up at 5.00am to ensure one is there to see the action.
Make absolutely sure if you are going to "do" the markets GET THERE EARLY!!! Make sure & ask what time your boat is going to get to the market!!! You need to get there by 7.00am.
I guess you get what you pay for & our trip & cost was very definitely at the lower end of the scale .
On the positive side we saw the honey farm, visited a noodle factory & the company was excellent

Visited April 2012