“OK For The Price”
Review of Ha My 2 Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Ha My 2 Hotel
Ranked #279 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked all accomodation online through Agoda using their ratings. Not a good idea. They did pick us up from HCMC airport as requested which was a good start. On arrival our room wasn't available so the first night we were in a ground floor room at the rear which didn't even have a window, the shower was in glass walled room that was obviously an afterthought with the toilet & only basin nect to it. Very primitive amenities. Towels were scratchy. Beds were comfortable. You are provided with an electric kettle but don't have any tea or coffee so what's the point. Breakfast selection wasn't very broad but basics were offered and it was all prepared fresh. Overall a clean, cheap hotel where you get what you pay for. Being 1 block from Benh Than markets is a plus as you are close to plenty of street food vendors, nightly pop-up restaurants and most of the local shopping centres.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here May 2013 and Feb 2013 and will definitely stay again when I return awesome value $ 29 US per night good clean cold rooms simple but ample b/fast nice staff so close to the Ben Than Markets but far enough away to be nice and quite. There is a tour/travel shop across the road and some great places to eat near by. Its not the ritz but its not a dive either

Room Tip: The rooms to the rear are great as they are much quitter than the front rooms 103,203,303,403,503,60...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Great location. Didn't find the staff very helpful but I think that was because they didn't speak much English - although they arranged onward travel and a trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels with no problem. Breakfast was poor (fried egg on toast) but at least it was something to get us going in the morning. Tea/coffee making facilities and fridge in room. Large bathroom. Had to climb a flight of stairs before arriving at Reception although the staff were very helpful with our luggage. If you are wondering what currency to take with you DON'T take travellers cheques. We couldn't find a bank willing to change them and there was an ATM right next to the hotel. Take some dollars (we paid for our hotel and trips with dollars) and your card.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Location is good, ca. 10 minutes walking to Dong Khoi, and right next to the main market
Room is nothing special: We had a deluxe room for 3 people with breakfast - and I found the value for money rather poor.
It was all clean, but the double bed had a terrible soft matrasse, where you felt every movement of the other person - I did not manage to sleep all night.
there was only a tiny room, despite having booke dhte deluxe category already.

The breakfast buffet was not impressive - a few items, often empty and the people serving in the restaurant were very unfriendly.

The service of the reception was different depending on who was working. there was one guy who was very helpful, friendly and absolutely lovely, but the girls had notonly bad english, but seemed also less interested in helping you.

I would not stay there again, I think there are better options in HCMC

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MySunnyDays1
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A great hotel with a central location,near Ben Than markets and within walking distance of many museums,embaseys and city centre. The hotel has quite a high standard for the price and is always kept clean. The staff are very friendly and willing to help guests in any way they can. I stayed for 2 weeks and during my stay the manager downloaded some documents for me,scaned them and then sent them to Australia at no charge. When i return to Vietnam i'll be staying at the Ha My 2 Hotel in Ho Chi Minh Ciy.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a larger room without a window and enjoy peace and quite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank staves_11
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Wasn't too happy with this hotel. We booked a family suite many months in advance and requested a conformation of booking a week before we arrived. All was in order. When we arrived they told us the room was not available and they had "problems" with it. We got 2 standard rooms instead. The following day I saw that the family room we had booked was being occupied by another family.. Not happy but they kept making excuses. Also our rooms constantly reeked of cigarette smoke from neighbouring rooms through the wall vents. The wireless network was non existent and we had to go to the lobby to use it and then it was veery slow. The staff were average in the friendly department. Breakfast was awful. I would not recommend this hotel. If you are looking for something better, pay a little more and you will get alot more. It was the worst hotel we stayed in during our 2 week trip from North to South and most were the same price and much better!

Room Tip: All the floors have signs saying no smoking but everybody did it anyway so if you are a non smoker...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff was VERY pleasant and helpful, we had window facing the street on 2nd floor I would advise higher floor as we had allot of street noise. Close to many restaurants and Ben Thanh market no need for transportation.

• Stayed: January 2013