“True to form 2 star hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ha My 2 Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Ha My 2 Hotel
Ranked #248 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Seoul
“True to form 2 star hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel purports to be 2 star and I'd say that's definitely all the stars it is. Undoubtedly a step up from a hostel or motel but nothing too fancy.

The hotel is quite centrally located in Ho Chi Minh's District 1, especially for shopping at the many markets located in the vicinty (Ben Tanh, Saigon Square, Jewellery market etc). The staff were friendly, the room was clean and it was a cheap place to stay (we paid $35AUD twin share a night). We also got a pretty decent kit of toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, ear buds and a comb in the bathroom. The bathroom was a proper Western-style bathroom with a real shower (enclosed) and was a fairly decent size too.

We were only there overnight so this was all fine for our purposes. Not sure I'd want to stay much longer however.

There were several downsides for me - we stayed in a twin bedroom and I specifically requested two separate single beds (because I was travelling with my brother). Despite this, when we arrived we found the bedding configuration was wrong and we were sharing a bed (a big one, but still). Also, the airconditioner fan was faulty and it made a heap of noise. The TV reception wasn't great either. The breakfast was seriously ordinary compared to other hotels of this standard I have stayed in around Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh city. It wasn't fresh and had been sitting out for a while by the time we got to it (7:00am). I felt slightly queasy after eating it. The walls in the rooms were paper thin, to the point that we could hear the people in the room next door to us and the noise from their TV etc. Minor complaints but the amenity kit didn't come with a razor and the room did not come with an iron. This could potentially be annoying if you were staying for longer than a night or two. There was also a surcharge of 3% for using credit cards to pay the room charge, which didn't bother me because I was paying in cash but this might be a downside for other people.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms (like ours) don't have windows. You can book one with a window though if this...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was getting late and we had a large group so our tour guide recommended this we gave it a try for one night. one of the room had a foul odor (like back up sewage) in one of the room. We inform the front desk and they said they will take care of it. A few minutes later, they came in with some air freshener to spray and mask the smell, which did not help. We requested for a change but they said there was no rooms available. I am not sure about this because I did not see any guest around. Most of us had the luggage in already and it was too much work to move to another hotel so we decided to bear it for a night. The next morning we ask the front desk if they had a different room that did not smell, we would stay another night. They said yes and had us take a look and move our luggage into that room. We went out and when we came back in the evening, the rude girl at the reception desk said they "gave our room away" and put us back into the smelly room. Our agreement on staying was based on her promising us we had another room. We even moved all our luggage to the new room. I could not believe what she did. We request for another room even a smaller one but again they said there is no other room. Breakfast is free but come early because they replenish the food really slowly. Stay away from the sugar and condiment, they have little bugs running around in them and on the walls. We signed a contract when we arrive and agreed on a payment and everyone was there. But when we check out, there was an added service on the bill for one extra person. At this point, we had enough, I don't know how a hotel like this can stay in business? Probably from ripping off the tourists. Go somewhere else. You can do a lot better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank je l

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We, us and our 4 children aged from 3-11, stayed here for 12 nights at the end of Sep/start of Oct. We got the family suite on the first floor, plenty of room for us and all our bags.
Fantastic location, only a block from the Ben Thanh market, a 5 minute walk from Nha Hang Ngon (formerly Quan An Ngon, always important to know where the best restaurant is), a 10 minute walk to Pham Ngu Lao. There are plenty of little supermarkets or even just street stalls to buy water and treats from just within the next couple of streets near the market.
Because it's so close to the market it's easy to cross the roundabout and catch a bus to wherever you want to go.
The reception staff/doormen were fantastic.The cleaning ladies were wonderful, our youngest was sick with a tummy bug and vomited all over the floor in our room, hubby went out to ask for a towel to clean up, they sent in the cleaner and she done it all, even waving away my husband when he tried to help. The breakfast is basic, but different each morning, we ate breakfast there every day, I was always happy when I saw the iced lemon drink. Sure there were no windows, but that didn't worry us, we were there to sleep, or to rest when the kids got tired anyway.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Clawdia78
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Pros: location is fantastic. 2min walk to Ben Thanh Market. The Royal Palace, War Museum, and Notre Dame cathedral are all within walking distance.
We arrived at 9am and while check-in is not till 12pm our room was ready and we able to check-in and relax after an early morning.
Cons: when we arrived the girl on reception was not very friendly or helpful. The room had no windows! Yes, on review it did say that on the booking site but who thinks to look if your hotel room will have windows when booking? The hotel did offer to move us the next night but as we were out all day it was to late when we got back. The room was small and it had no windows!
The guy on reception was nice on check out.

Room Tip: Check when booking to see if your room has windows or not!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is just one block away from the Ben Thanh Market in Ho Chi Minh City. Ben Thanh Market is one of the shopping places in Ho Chi Minh City. It's also near food kiosks. The neighborhood is quite peaceful and it's also near other hotels. It's not in the Pham Ngu Lao street, though, where most of the tourist backpacker inns and hotels are.
Hotel offers free buffet breakfast but refilling of buffet food is quite slow. You will have to wait for 20-30 minutes before the next batch of sunny side up eggs and spring rolls if you get unlucky.
Hotel has an elevator which can accommodate around 5-6 persons provided that no bags and other things are in the elevator at the same time.
We occupied the rooms in the 8th floor and they were clean. The hallway, though, is not spacious.
By the way, the receptionist in the hotel asks for your passport upon your check-in and they keep it until you check out. Found this weird at first but my friends told me that it was their hotel policy. I just don't know if all other hotels in Ho Chi Minh City do this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
California City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Staff very friendly, best location to stay, and hotel room very clean.I stayed here for 1 nights- staff were always very friendly and attentive, taking the time to assist us in booking a tour and ensuring our hotel and taxis for the next location in MuiNe were sorted

Room Tip: Deluxe with city view is the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ziway, Ethiopia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stay one night with my wife in there deluxe double room . The room is very clean with spacious bathroom and have complete commodities. Plus a PC inside your room but during our stay internet conne tion have problem as well as there wifi connection. The hotel is located just 1 block to Ben Than Market and walking distance to famous tourist destination in HCM. Buffet breakfast serve at there restaurant in the basement.Staff are very accomodating and nice to the guest All in all its a great hotel for budget travellers. I can recomend this hotel and. Definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012