“My back and neck hurts. The stones were too hot. ”
Review of My Spa

My Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Spa is a traditional Vietnamese day spa conveniently located in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. We provide a full range of professional spa services including: massage, facials, waxing and nail care. My Spy uses 100% natural organic products and essential oils. Welcome to My Spa!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My back and neck hurts. The stones were too hot. ”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My therapist is inexperience. The stones she used were scortching hot on my legs. I had to tell her to remove it. Plus, when she put pressure on the wrong spots like my spine. Im hurting.

2 Thank Wendy N

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I had a couple's ;massage and it was undoubtedly the roughest massages we have ever had! Very hard pressure during the massage, but also very rough when wiping oil off your skin, or performing stretches. We had to be moved out of the first room they put us in because they couldn't get the air conditioning to work; but then the power kept going out in the second room we were in, so most of the massage was done in the dark, although they did bring in a couple of candles at the end. No privacy at all for changing, and nowhere to put your belongings; but the reception area on the main floor is very Asian in decor and quite impressive - upstairs massage rooms were pretty standard. Price is very reasonable (90 min. for $27), but that is pretty standard for HCMC - we would not go back or recommend My Spa.

3 Thank Shiles
San Francisco, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good massage - really aggresive when asking for a tip”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a 90 minute massage here - excellent value. I was a walk-in and the receptionist was very friendly, helpful, and even brought tea before I had committed to a massage. Massage was a good combination of lots of different techniques - with oils, stretching, hot stones, etc. Good clean, relaxing setting. Everything was very good until the end of the massage. She was extremely aggressive in essentially demanding that she be tipped. It was really strange and uncomfortable. She asked once immediately after the massage and then again when we were in the elevator to the lobby. I have never had anyone literally grab my arm to make sure I understood what she wanted. I was going to tip her anyways, but just the way it was handled was horrible. I couldn't wait to just tip her and get out of that place (in case the tip wasn't enough - who knows). It's really too bad as the massage was quite good. 90 minutes ruined by 60 seconds afterwards.

6 Thank David H
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“For a massage, this is your place”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This review is exactly one year late. I had about three massages at this spa in January of 2013. I was in Ho Chi Minh with a picky group and we kept returning. The best tissue massage I have ever received was here. (I've gotten them in Thailand, overpriced places in the US, etc. - nothing so far has compared). Ask for "Number 1" - that's what they call the lady who will be the reason I return to Vietnam. If she's not there, "Flower" is a good bet. I was stretched, bent, balanced on top of the masseuse (yes!) while she simultaneously patted my body with her arms and knees. I like extreme deep tissue and the more I asked for it, the deeper they gave (ask for what you want). I still remember the high from Number 1's massage.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Shera201
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnificent”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I just left after a 90 min got stone massage. It cost me roughly 20 dollars and was possibly the best massage I've ever gotten. The people are friendly, and the smells and sounds are excellent. If you get the chance most definitely visit this spa.

1 Thank Brennanballs