“not clean and not trained”
Review of My Spa

My Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Spa is a traditional Vietnamese day spa conveniently located in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. We have two locations very close to each other and provide a full range of professional spa services including: massage, facials, waxing and nail care. My Spa uses 100% natural organic products and essential oils. We welcome you to visit My Spa and experience our traditional Vietnamese style of treatments and hospitality!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went for foot massages and pedicures at this place in July 2013. Foot massage was ridiculous. Got oil on my silk clothes (didn't ask me to change or give me any garment to wear, so I kept my clothes on and they decided to oil my silk skirt). Masseuse decided to get up and leave for long passages of time of the 30 min massage. Pedicure was next. 1. to "clean" the soaking tub, they used their hand and no cleaning product to sort of wipe out the tub 2. did not even wait 2 seconds for first coat of polish to dry before putting on a second coat (sloppily) 3. no base coat 4. never showed that the tools, etc. were properly cleaned or sterilized.
End game: pedicure looks like it was painted by a lazy drunk and I'm just happy I have not caught anything from this awful place (knock wood).
This was my only disappointing experience in Saigon.

4  Thank Kavi R
in 13 reviews
"ms"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Compared to some of the other Spas we tried in Vietnam, My Spa was more expensive. Two of us had facials and hot stone massages and one just the hot stone massage. We all enjoyed every moment of the treatments. The spa itself has a nice ambience and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was quite dark but that added to the atmosphere. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Karenvanh
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had been here before back in October 2012 and re-visited the Spa again last month. I must say that the experience was much better, maybe because it was the weekday in the afternoon and there weren't many customers there.

The massage therapist assigned to me was a petite but strong lady. Hot stones was also a nice touch. What I like most is when you lie on your back, they place shreds of cucumber on your face - cool and refreshing!

Another big plus point is the price - probably one of the most value for money parlors in HCMC.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I lived HO Chi minh City about 2years.
and I think My Spa is the best massage shop, reasonable price and peaceful atmosphere !
most of all, 90min body stone massage is really good and massagers are really skillful and kind !!!!!!
I visited there yesterday again and still good spa shop !
also Ms My is really kind and She remember my name :)

I'd love to recommend this shop to all tourists !!

1  Thank oneday4u
See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Took my daughter here for part of our girls only trip to Vietnam, having read the reviews we were hoping for a reasonable massage and manicure. On the positive side the ambience in the spa is nice, cool, dimly lit, fragrant. My massage (hot stones) was really good, the masseuse was a bit firm but quickly modified her technique to suit me. My daughter had the same massage, different masseuse, and ended up in pain with bruising all over her back. I heard my daughter repeatedly ask her masseuse to go softer, she'd be fine for a while then would have to ask again. We both had manicures done, although the staff didn't really want to do it! My manicure was okay, but the the nail polish was put on so fast and thick that it all smudged off within an hour! My daughter's nails got cut so short her fingers were sore, thank goodness I said no to a trim on my nails. The same problem occurred with her polish. The lady who did my nails 'tested' them to see if they were dry and smudged the polish everywhere, to fix it she just pushed it back into place. By this time we were planning our next stop, a supermarket to by some nail polish remover and some deep heat cream for my daughter's back!

I would never return to this salon and would not recommend it to anyone.