“Average for the price and service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Spa

My Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Spa is a traditional Vietnamese day spa conveniently located in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. We provide a full range of professional spa services including: massage, facials, waxing and nail care. My Spy uses 100% natural organic products and essential oils. Welcome to My Spa!
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Average for the price and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I started off with high hopes, for the price I was a little disappointed with the professionalism of the staff and also the bathroom facilities. I had the 90 minute full body stone massage, my masseuse sent three text messages throughout my massage and the the staff members talked throughout our massage. I know that this tends to be a normal trend but for the price I paid I was disappointed.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Better than average massage experience in HCMC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Opted for a 90 minutes body massage with hot stones. For VND 420,000, it was fairly priced in my opinion. I have not tried a really good massage in HCMC, so My Spa would rank in my list as one of the better ones.

The good:
- good reputation
- clean and hygienic
- aromatic scent
- elevator (hence no climbing of stairs!)
- skillful masseuse

The bad:
- poor privacy
- some customers speak very loudly
- masseuse chat with one another during your session
- back stepping massage (beware of the weight!)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kelvin_Ke
Boston, MA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent, went back twice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went alone and was able to walk in and have appointments without waiting. Try the Body Scrub with bamboo powder. It was heaven and made me so soft. Money well spent. I also got the basic facial, really nice, and a full body massage with hot stones on the back. Awesome. They give you nice tea when you walk in and everyone is very friendly. Prices are fabulous.

I didn't rate this with a 5 star because I'm not sure they clean the towels before putting another person on the massage bed. Manicure was only fair.

1 Thank Anne B
Basel, Switzerland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good massage and value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I liked the experience, the only concern was privacy as indicated in some other comments. Half way through my facial some other customer came into the room and started a massage next to me! I was not informed at all, when I request to change to another room after the facial for the massage, the staffs told me there is no vacant room and it was a busy Saturday afternoon.
It would have been fine if I was informed before they bring someone else into the room, something for the team to pay attention to in the future!

Singapore, Singapore
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I arrived an hour early but the reception was very kind and showed us to a comfortable waiting area, gave us cold drinks and even brought out a portable fan, noticing that we were hot and sweaty from the heat outside. The receptionist was very polite and spoke reasonably good English.

Positives:
- reasonably priced
- nice decor at entrance
- took the massage with hot stone and aromatherapy oil and enjoyed it thoroughly. Sightly different from the massages I had in Thailand and Bali
- loved the cucumber slices placed over your eyes and face
- the strength and technique of the masseuse that I had was excellent. They used their elbows, knees, stood on top of me and the points exerted were precise.

Negatives:
- my friend had a masseuse that was very rough and she didn't like her techniques. The masseuse didn't really control the pressure exerted when she stood on my friend and she couldn't breathe due to the weight of the masseuse.
- no privacy at all. The masseuse gave us shorts to change into and just stood there. We had to strip (leaving only our undies) in front of them. On top of that, the massage was conducted in a big room and each person was separated by a cloth and the cloth at the entrance was not lowered, and our near naked bodies were in full view of everyone walking past our "cubicle".
- the masseuses were periodically chatting with each other
- would have been nice if we could have a shower before the massage as we were all hot and sweaty making our way to the spa due to the hot weather in HCM.

Recommendation:
- do ask for a private room for your body massage if you want more privacy

Recommended, if privacy is not a concern for you.