“Massage therapist's skills are firm & strong”
Review of My Spa

My Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Spa is a traditional Vietnamese day spa conveniently located in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. We provide a full range of professional spa services including: massage, facials, waxing and nail care. My Spy uses 100% natural organic products and essential oils. Welcome to My Spa!
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I had the 90 mins body massage without the hot stones & a foot scraping (have callouses that made my walking a little painful). The massage therapist's strokes were strong (I told her to be a little gentle as I had an open heart surgery about 1.5 year ago & it still hurts if too much force/ pressure is applied to the chest & back area). She lightened her strength but I had to remind her again later when she applied enough force to wheeze me out. Having said that, she's good with her skills - applying firm, sure strokes to the back, shoulders & head. Really loosened my shoulder & back tension/ ache. I liked that alternate cold & warm towels were used on my body & face. I knew she was going to arch my back by pulling my arms behind, so I stopped her before she could do this (again, if it weren't for my sternum, I'd have done it. It's good for stretching the back).
If you like strong, firm strokes & have back/ neck/ shoulder pain and ache & are not afraid of enduring a little pain, I'd recommend this place. It's similar to having a Thai massage. My friend, who also did the body massage, told me her massage therapist stepped on back & felt it was all too much.
A few things which my friend & I thought it could be improved: they should have those massage beds with holes for putting your face in when your back is being massaged. We didn't like having to breathe into the mattress (a little suffocating). Also, they lit incense everywhere & it's just a personal preference; we didn't like bring "smoked out" - the smell was choking.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Try number 33. I call her baby ghost because u can't even tell she's in the room. Try the VIP room on the second floor. Very quite and peaceful. All the girls give great massages. You will like your in heaven believe it!!

1  Thank Sepand Z
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This full-service traditional Vietnamese day spa was a nice oasis in the bustling city. The staff is professionally trained and we felt the high-quality treatments

We selected their Signature Package which included Anti-Aging Collagen Treatment (they only use 100% organic and natural facial products), a Full Body Hot Stone Massage (done on a table without the donut attachment for your face/head - you get a pillow instead) and a Hot Stone Foot Massage (ours didn't include hot stones, for some reason, and was done while we were laying on the massage table, so it seemed like a over-done massage vs. a reflexology type massage).

The room we were in had two tables, but the room was too small and the masseuse kept running into each other or into us so it wasn't as relaxing as it should have been. Also, each masseuse did different things to each of us (once we compared notes afterwards), so I left with the feeling that 90% of your spa experience is based on your masseuse.

The spa package states this is the ultimate in relaxation. It would have been more relaxing in a larger room, on a proper massage table, and with the foot massage done sitting in a comfortable chair. But, the room was clean and they use quality products.

A policy I don't like is that they give their masseuses number tags instead of name tags. These women are not numbers! My masseuse was #10, but her name is Hien. She has very, very gentle hands during the facial and strong, capable hands for the massage. Ask for her by name!

2  Thank PALTravel
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Upon entering and being shown to a seat, hot or cold tea is offered with candied ginger (yummy). After finishing this and selecting your treatments you are escorted to the treatment areas. Floor 3 was the massage rooms. I had three visits for neck back and shoulders or whole body massage and would definitely come again and recommend to others. As some have mentioned, not the cheapest rates in Asia but definitely by Aussie standards hard not to treat yourself!
Changing into cotton pants to prevent your clothes being soiled is great, as is the hot towels used to wash off after the massage. the girls are very attentive and listen to guidance. Would visit again without hesitation.

1  Thank Girl-travelbug
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My hotel MAY hotel is just opposite this massage spa. And my boss recommend it to me and we had 90 mins of massage which costs us like 25 sgd which is pretty cheap as compared In singapore. The hot stone massage is pretty unique and very effective for travelers. Though price is expensive by their standards but it is well worth it.